✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason there's an Argo presale is because they play at the Roger's centre----if Coldplay were coming to the ACC or Amp. we might have had a chance at a better presale. it's all about the Roger's Centre increasing their ticket sales.

The Argos actually had to re-schedule a home game to allow coldplay to use the rogers centre... so i think they must have arranged to allow them pre-sale usage....

regardless, im hitting up this package

arrggg

ah this is ridiculous! Coldplay should be rewarding their fans, not the stadium that hosts argo games rewarding argo fans. No way am I purchasing vouchers that would only increase the already high ticket price. Why are the tickets so expensive anyway? Floor seats were $90 in October when I saw them (before fees) and now they're $99? I'd understand a signup for an argos newsletter or something but ugh, this sucks. Maybe I'll just wait and see if they do another Canadian date if I can't get good tickets on monday

they must have changed the presale time for some reason

on the ticketmaster page it says the globe and mail, radio, and sirius radio presales all go on sale at 6pm tommorow and it doesn't even mention the argo presale

they must have changed the presale time for some reason

on the ticketmaster page it says the globe and mail, radio, and sirius radio presales all go on sale at 6pm tommorow and it doesn't even mention the argo presale

ALSO.. tickets go on sale Monday at 10AM now instead of 12PM

I just checked Ticketmaster again....

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 03/09/09 10:00 AM EDT

Globe and Mail

Start: Thu, 03/05/09 06:00 PM EST

End: Sun, 03/08/09 10:00 PM EDT

Radio

Sirius Radio

Ticket Prices:

RESERVED FLOOR SEATING

CA $99.50

LEVEL 200 SEATING

CA $99.50

LEVEL 100 SEATING

CA $79.50 - CA $99.50

STANDING GENERAL ADMISSION FLOOR

CA $99.50

LEVEL 500 SEATING

CA $39.50

Can I just say a big "yay" for General Admisison on the floor?

I am officially confused with all of these presales.

thanks for all the info! I'm trying to follow along, and I agree that this is very unorganized! I'm not used to presales, do we get any sort of hint of what the Globe and Mail or Sirius presales are all about? Like where we would get the code? My bro has a subscription to Sirius so I'm hoping it will benefit me in some way. Any info is greatly appreciated :)

OK, I'll say it.

Just what in the hell is going on with this show.

I've never seen anything like this ever before regarding different pre-sale dates.

Does it mean if you're a G&M subscriber you get first dibs? That's, dare I say, completely retarded. The Globe and Mail doesn't exactly appeal to Coldplay's demographic, does it?

This just posted at http://www.argonauts.ca/index.php/article/coldplay-pre-sale-faq

2009-03-04 14:16:00

How many Coldplay tickets can I purchase? There are 2 options: If you can purchase 2 Argos single-game ticket vouchers, you can also purchase 2 Coldplay tickets ahead of the general public. If you purchase 4 Argos single-game ticket vouchers, you can also purchase 4 Coldplay tickets.

Are these Coldplay tickets going to have all price levels available including the top tier tickets? Yes, based on availability, on a first-come, first-served basis. The top price is only $99 plus service charges.

Will this offer be available for those outside Toronto? Yes they will, but both the concert and Argos home games take place in Toronto.

How do I purchase? For your convenience, this offer is online at http://www.ticketmaster.ca/argos

Where and when can I redeem my single-game Argos vouchers? You can redeem the Argos single-game ticket vouchers starting in early June at Rogers Centre Gate 7 Box Office. The Argos single-game ticket vouchers can be used for any 2009 pre-season or regular season Argonauts home game (subject to availability).

I'm just gonna go through the 'normal' presale, as in... the radio presale. Too much of a hassle with the argos presale. I just really hope that I can get reserved floor :(

And TM finally has a proper seating chart up. Hooray!

how does the radio pre-sale work?

I'm suscribed to 4 local stations right now (newsletters). I assume they would either send it through a newsletter/email or you have pretty much tune in. I hope its the former.

I'll be sure to post here once I get it, unless someone already has it :cry:. So please share if you've received the presale code already and help us out! Thanks

So if you buy Argos tickets you get first dibs on Coldplay tickets?

That is plain, simple bullshit.

Does Coldplay know about this?

It's extremely important for me to take my wife to this show and this nonsense is really making me not want to go see our favourite band...

Alright people we all need to take a deep breath and just calm ourselves.

So here's what's likely to happen, there are 4 pre-sales tomorrow. The one through the argo's though some people don't think it's fair, it is 100% fair. Why is it fair? Because even if it was at the ACC, every single person that has Leaf season seats, or raptors season seats would have had access to the tickets before the General Public. That's why if you go on ticketsnow.com, etorontotickets.com or ticket broker websites they have tickets for events that have not gone on sale yet to the General Public. For instance No Doubt at the ACC. Tickets have been available for a few weeks now on websites for that specific reason.

It is 100% fair and loyal to customers who pay thousands of dollars year after year at Arena venues to gain first access. It's a perk of paying all that money.

Now as for pre-sale information I would assume that there will be a livenation pre-sale on friday.

All other pre-sales starting tomorrow... well you will just have to go on google and search for places that give out free passwords.

As for the sound at the Rogers Center, a few of my colleagues from work have been there recently to see ACDC and said it sounded great. There are NO SEATS BEHIND THE STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. ALL SEATS ARE FACING THE STAGE.

Alright people we all need to take a deep breath and just calm ourselves.

So here's what's likely to happen, there are 4 pre-sales tomorrow. The one through the argo's though some people don't think it's fair, it is 100% fair. Why is it fair? Because even if it was at the ACC, every single person that has Leaf season seats, or raptors season seats would have had access to the tickets before the General Public. That's why if you go on ticketsnow.com, etorontotickets.com or ticket broker websites they have tickets for events that have not gone on sale yet to the General Public. For instance No Doubt at the ACC. Tickets have been available for a few weeks now on websites for that specific reason.

It is 100% fair and loyal to customers who pay thousands of dollars year after year at Arena venues to gain first access. It's a perk of paying all that money.

I totally agree man.

Great promotion by the argos to attract fans to purchase their tickets and to reward their loyal season ticket holders.

And people don't forget that the Argos & the CFL had to reschedule a game planned for July 30th to accommodate for the date that coldplay organizers wanted.

I'm def hitting up this offer since I always go to atleast one game a year.

Great football + Great music + Purchasing tickets without stressing about them selling out within seconds = perfect