✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well.I guess I'll just have to purchase football tickets then and sell them after....I'd better find someone though cause I'm not going.I live too far away and I don't really care.

Sell it on Craigslist or Kijiji or even Ebay, I'm sure someone will buy them.

I just spend the last 1.5 hours checking every radio station web site around the Toronto area. Not one had any info on a presale. Sirius radio had no info and the Globe and Mail had no info.

So if you get your Argo presale code, don't post it here. It will be no good to anyone but you.

so confused

ohgod okay so in the argos pre-sale we gotta buy 2 argos tickets to be able to buy coldplay tickets now do they have a sertain number of tickets for each price level? and we dont need a password am i right?

so the regular presale's gonna go way faster and we need a password?

and btw do u have to be 16+ to attend the concert without an adult???

Hey all, I know someone that works with the Argos, and after calling him I got the scoop.

There is absolutely a presale tomorrow morning at the link that you all have seen: ticketmaster.ca/argos. You will be able to purchase either 2 or 4 Argonauts vouchers good for any game of the year (July-November) and in turn an equal number of Coldplay tickets.

From what he has been clearly told by both Ticketmaster and the Rogers Centre, ALL tickets that would normally go on sale to the general public will be available at this presale (so basically the stuff that gets put aside for the band probably isn't included but i have no reason to believe the floors (both GA and assigned) are to be in there.

He was a bit confused too that the ticketmaster page isn't listing this presale, however I suspect that this is going to get a truckload of traffic anyway, because it's going to be advertised pretty well in the morning.

Any way you slice it, this has to be the best way to get in there and get the best seats. I don't know if the whole concert can sell out through this, maybe there is a limit, but I would guess that the best seats are all gonna go in this deal.

It really isn't a bad deal, because the Argos voucher is their cheapest ticket price and you can use it for any game, they could have made people buy season tickets or something like that.

I know I'm going that route.

Thanks so much for the info! So once we buy the vouchers, a page will come up to buy Coldplay tickets, an automatic guarantee that we get tickets?

Also if we happen to get A or B sections (floor), would the GA Standing block our view? I'm a fairly short person! :P

I think that the posted Q&A is kind of funny because I swear on my life they used the questions that I asked them earlier today in an email. LOL, I swear this is what I wrote.

Hello,

I was looking at your ticket voucher / Coldplay promotion and I have a few question.

A. If I purchase two ticket vouchers can I still purchase four Coldplay tickets?

B. Are these Coldplay tickets going to have all price levels available including the top tier tickets?

C. I live in Detroit, will this offer be available for those outside Toronto?

Thanks for your help in advance, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Julie

Advice to everyone...

If you want to get Coldplay tickets, USE THE ARGO DEAL!!!

There is a very high possibility that this deal might sell out the show

The reason why they are allowed to do this because it was part of the deal for the argos to move their game.

I think what people are taking issue to as far as it being unfair, is that it's not fair to their (Coldplay) fans. There's a difference between that and being an Argos fan and getting perks or, being a loyal customer to the Rogers/ACC and getting perks.

I've never gotten tickets through a general sale before--anyone have luck getting really good tickets for that?

The pre-sale does start tomorrow! I live in Toronto and have heard ads on the radio today that there's an exclusive pre-sale where you can buy Argos tickets and gain access that way! The pre-sale starts at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow!!! SOOOO PUMPED! I'm parked in front of my computer to get floors for sure! I think you can only buy online at http://www.ticketmaster.ca/argos.

I think I'm going to take my chances with the general on sale. I'm not paying $66 for Argos tickets that I'm never going to use. Don't forget, they have the 4 nights before and 3 nights after July 30th with nothing scheduled. If this show sells out instantly on Monday (or before) they will probably add another.

I think I'm going to take my chances with the general on sale. I'm not paying $66 for Argos tickets that I'm never going to use. Don't forget, they have the 4 nights before and 3 nights after July 30th with nothing scheduled. If this show sells out instantly on Monday (or before) they will probably add another.

if they do i'll shoot myself for spending $66 on argo tickets, i mean that's almost like paying for another coldplay ticket and there's no comparison between the two... but on the other hand of if they Don't schedule another show....:thinking: