✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

The acoustics might change, it could be better with today's technology! Plus it's Coldplay, their technicians are awesome! Another thing the Rogers Centre can hold up to 55,000 people for concerts (checked their website) so I'm not complaining, better chance to get tickets. I'm pretty sure they're going to open up the roof too.

I don't think the presale is going to be with TicketRush, I might be wrong. What sucks is when they go on sale; I have classes at twelve! I'll just have to bring my laptop in and pray the prof doesn't see me buying tickets instead of paying attention (I sit sort of up close, darn).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless there aren't clouds around for 100s of km it'shard to imagine the roof being open. Their sound guys will need to do a soundcheck in a setting that will most closely resemble showtime. There's a huge difference between checking for an open dome vs. a closed dome.

Sale is one week from today and there is still no prices available, I don't get it, this seems to be the most poorly put together show in history.

dude, i completely agree! like, how much more indefinite and uncertain can you get?!

i just want some sense of confirmation that this is even a go-ahead! like, ease our worries here man! especially with respect to presale details. whatever...just, anything would be nice. i need to know this is forsure!

it's amazing, this is the first time since 2001 that i've encountered any issues surrounding coldplay ticket sales or show details.

i guess we'll just have to be patient but i feel like things have been up in the air for weeks now!

i can't believe it's not even on the rogers ctr site.

errrrrrg.

YES, finally they posted the show!

I was gettin'worried that they were going to cancel on me again.

It already happened to me here at home in Winnipeg and I would've been devastated if it happened again!

I've been waiting since '04/'05ish for this moment and it's finally happening!

ANY WINNIPEGERS JOINING ME ON THIS TRIP OF A LIFETIME!?

I have been debating this ever since the announcement. It pains me to say it but I am out!

The Skydome/Rogers Centre simply sucks!!! I have seen both U2 and Bruce Springsteen there and both times the sound was awful. This was obviously quite a long time ago now, however, I have heard nothing good about any concerts that have been there since. (which are pretty few and far between-for good reason)

It is too big. the Roof is way (30 storys..wtf) too high for good sound. I guess they *might* open the roof, however that is highly unlikely. Even for Coldplay it isnèt worth it.

poor choice. if they wanted a large venue, they should have went with BMO Field. I hope for the people going,it is A LOT better, but I think there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people.

Ticket Rush has posted STRINGS as the new password for the presales. The website is still down. Also, did anyone check ticketmaster. They have the concert on their webiste but also states the concert is no longer in the database.

heyy guys i'm just wondering since i've never actually been to a concert in rogers centre like say around how much would the seats be in the like 200s,100s and the Floor area? because before i was hoping it'd be in the molson amp. so the tickets would be cheaper there but the cheap tickets in rogers centre are in the 500s which you guys say would suck ...soo :S

I have been debating this ever since the announcement. It pains me to say it but I am out!

The Skydome/Rogers Centre simply sucks!!! I have seen both U2 and Bruce Springsteen there and both times the sound was awful. This was obviously quite a long time ago now, however, I have heard nothing good about any concerts that have been there since. (which are pretty few and far between-for good reason)

It is too big. the Roof is way (30 storys..wtf) too high for good sound. I guess they *might* open the roof, however that is highly unlikely. Even for Coldplay it isnèt worth it.

poor choice. if they wanted a large venue, they should have went with BMO Field. I hope for the people going,it is A LOT better, but I think there are going to be a lot of dissapointed people.

Amen. I hate to say it but I'm out too. I don't mean to sound pissy or anything, I'm sure anyone going will have a great time but I've spent a lot of money on Coldplay concerts and feel like I can't justify spending any more unless they were amaaazing seats.

Wish it would've been at the Amphitheatre!