✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

On again - off again - on again at TicketBastard:

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/100042629E165ED3?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Ticket prices are listed at CA $39.50 - CA $99.50

Onsale Dates & Times:

Toronto Argonauts

Start: Wed, 03/04/09 10:00 AM EST

End: Sun, 03/08/09 10:00 PM EDT

Radio

Start: Thu, 03/05/09 06:00 PM EST

End: Sun, 03/08/09 10:00 PM EDT

Anybody have some insider info on what this means? It looks like presale - maybe for Argo season ticket holders and which ever TO radio station is doing promo... Nothing posted on WiseGuys: http://www.tmpresale.com/

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, top ticket price is $100 BEFORE service charges - that's pretty expensive, I think. I'll be waiting to see what tickets I manage to pull before I actually buy them.

And, yes, the SkyDome really is that bad.

This is not a slight against Coldplay, but Toronto really is getting the shitty end of the stick on this leg of the tour. It looks like every other N. American stop is in an ampitheatre or arena.

...and i just checked TM and the concert listing has been removed again...

Pre-sale

Anybody have some insider info on what this means? It looks like presale - maybe for Argo season ticket holders and which ever TO radio station is doing promo... Nothing posted on WiseGuys: http://www.tmpresale.com/

Pre-Sale info:

ticketmaster.ca/argos

Seems like you have to buy 2 Argos ticket vouchers and then you get pre-sale access.

I;m all about this... no way I'm taking a chance on missing out on this concert because of scalpers on Monday.

Doesn't seem like a bad weekend, Argos game and Coldplay concert.

Arrgh.That's awful.I don't care about football or whatever it is

+1. I don't want to have to pay an extra 33 per ticket (assuming thats how it's going to work for something that I'm not interested in (no offense or anything). Then again, I could always go through the argos presale and sell the vouchers afterwards at cost but that might be hard to do.:dozey:

Aww maaaaaan.

+1. I don't want to have to pay an extra 33 per ticket (assuming thats how it's going to work for something that I'm not interested in (no offense or anything). Then again, I could always go through the argos presale and sell the vouchers afterwards at cost but that might be hard to do.:dozey:

Aww maaaaaan.

Don't know about you guys, but it seems like these days it's friggin impossible to get tickets to any shows without a pre-sale, especially decent ones, so I'm not taking my chances on Monday.

Coldplay Tickets Offered To Argos Fans First In Special Pre-Sale For Toronto Show

cflargos2.gif

Toronto - Fans of multi-platinum British rock band Coldplay now have the opportunity to get tickets to their Toronto show on Thursday, July 30 at Rogers Centre before they go on-sale to the general public through a special offer from the Toronto Argonauts. This 36-hour pre-sale begins tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. through ticketmaster.ca/argos where fans can purchase a pair of Coldplay tickets with the purchase of two ticket vouchers to any 2009 pre- or regular season Argos home game as part of this limited time offer. Current and new Argos fans will be able to secure their Coldplay tickets 4 days before everyone else!

Commented Argos co-owner David Cynamon, "We always try to provide our fans with added value and unique, limited offers. What better way to reward our fan base than by giving them this special opportunity to get tickets to one of the hottest bands in the world, ahead of the general public."

Starting Thursday, March 5 at 10:00 a.m., fans can purchase a pair of special ticket vouchers for $33 each to any 2009 pre- or regular season Argonauts home game through ticketmaster.ca/argos. Argos fans can continue to purchase tickets until Friday, March 6 at 10:00 p.m. Coldplay tickets go on-sale to the general public on Monday, March 9. This 36-hour limited window will allow fans to secure tickets, in the best possible seats, 4 days before the general public can even buy tickets.

This is the first opportunity that Argos fans will have to purchase single-game ticket vouchers for the 2009 season. Argonauts football is the best sports entertainment value in the city with a game day experience that is both unparalleled and interactive. Catch new Head Coach Bart Andrus as he takes the reins of the Double Blue and returns the team to its winning ways.

Argos co-owner Howard Sokolowski added, "Torontonians can't ask for a more exciting long weekend. They can see a great Coldplay show on Thursday night and then head to the Argos game on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. For being one of the first to purchase one pair of Argos tickets, you can get both a hard-hitting football game and first access to a hard-rocking concert."

Existing Argos season ticket holders will also be able to purchase Coldplay tickets ahead of the general public as a special thank you for supporting North America's oldest professional football team.

Arguably the biggest band in the world, Coldplay has a knack for writing epic rock ballads - such as "Yellow" and the Grammy Award-winning "Clocks" - that have become the soundtrack for a generation. In concert, the charismatic Chris Martin and his mates perform their hits with impressive musicality. Fresh off three wins at the 2009 Grammy Awards including Best Rock Album and Song of the Year, Coldplay now brings their Viva La Vida World Tour to Toronto and offers Argos fans the first crack at tickets which are sure to go quickly.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3785010

Hi, I'm new here. I wanna go to T.O. for this show too. Saw CP at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan in November... amazing show from the floor!

I'd love to use the presale too, but the Argo's tickets don't look to be cheap. Prices for single game tickets are $33, $52, $69, and $79 !!!!! :(

While I think this is kind of BS it's also another way to possibly get tickets. I want to see this show and I'm coming from Detroit to do so. My question would be what local radio station would be the most likely to be hosting a presale for this show?

I'm actually considering buying the stupid voucher knowing it's likely I'm going to eat the voucher but if it's a chance to get first dibs on great seats I may just do it.

My big question would be what are the quality of the tickets. If we buy these vouchers are we goign to get shot at the front floor tickets. I'm not buying the stupid vouchers for the right to buy crappy seats to Coldplay. It's kind of an ambiguous promotion. It's also a slippery slope if it works as you'll see more bs like this in the future for other tickets.

While I think this is kind of BS it's also another way to possibly get tickets. I want to see this show and I'm coming from Detroit to do so. My question would be what local radio station would be the most likely to be hosting a presale for this show?

I'm actually considering buying the stupid voucher knowing it's likely I'm going to eat the voucher but if it's a chance to get first dibs on great seats I may just do it.

me too.I think I might just sell them after.I think my friends boyfriend who lives in Toronto might be interested.

I just want floor tickets

The only reason there's an Argo presale is because they play at the Roger's centre----if Coldplay were coming to the ACC or Amp. we might have had a chance at a better presale. it's all about the Roger's Centre increasing their ticket sales.