✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I take it no presale? I go on family vacation on the 31st so it'll be pretty hectic it being on the 30th but oh well. so totally worth it (and being at the rogers centre means I'll actually have a chance of getting out of there earlier. the john mayer concert at the amp. this summer took us nearly an hour to get out of it was so crowded)

ugh!!!! I've seen many concerts at the old Skydome / Rogers Centre.. its the absolute worse for acoustics... Saw U2 there and it sucked.. I remember Elton John doing a concert there and apologizing for the sound and saying he could return a year later to make up for it... Better than no Coldplay concert at all I guess... oh well... counting down til March...

Guest Osaka Sun

Hm...just got back from an Ottawa trip and I see that everything on the show has been mixed up. So will there be a pre-sale at all in the coming days?

Yay, finally an announcement! :dance: I too am disappointed that they chose the Rogers Centre though...the Amphitheatre would have been amazing. But I guess this is more practical.

You're lucky...I have a class that ends at 12:05 that day. I wonder if I should skip, or risk it and try to get tickets after? :\ I would really prefer not to skip as well.

yeah, that is a tough situation :(

just skip :lol:

Ticket Prices & Seating Chart?

Anyone have any idea of what retail ticket prices might be and/or seating chart for the CP show? (I took a quick look at the AC/DC chart posting earlier.)

I'm assuming there will be a pre-sale??? Hopefully TicketRush will have info/passwords/etc...

[sitting waiting patiently despite ridiculous delays & confusion, despite toilet bowl of a venue :toilet:, despite gnawed fingernails... all for CP.]

Parachute Grrl

TicketRush down

For the past week or so the Tichetrush site has been down, with the following statement

The TicketRush.com site is under maintenance and currently unavailable. Please check again later.

The February monthly password is posted and there are links to LiveNation. As this is March 1, I assumed there'd be a new monthly presale password but not so yet.

I'm not sure what this means, but wanted to post this info here to confirm it for anyone else experiencing the same.

Hopefully it will all be back to normal for our presale.

well its a big stadium (a baseball diamond to be exact). If you've never been to one you may not be (though if your used to seeing concerts on TV then you might be when you arrive and cannot see anything and stuff is harder to hear).

but its effing coldplay.

SkyDome is a VERY disappointing choice by the promoters. Coldplay at the Amphitheatre would have been fantastic.

One can only hope that the promoter isn't planning on making it a fiull-stadium show (still no info on TM).

...hard to imagine ELBOW on the Skydome stage (very unfortunate for them)

i agree, coldplay at the amphitheatre would've been a MUCH better choice!

they so have to play there again...will never in my entire life forget june 11, 2003, one of the greatest coldplay shows to date!!!!!!

anyhoo...back on track here. ok, so rogers ctr, july 30, tickets on sale march 9. would that be general public onsale march 9? or presale march 9? unclear...hopefully if it is the general public onsale date then there will be a presale prior to that. AND hopefully the ticketrush site will be back up and running by that time. gaaaaah! stress!

i have no doubt coldplay will completely electrify the dome, as they do anywhere they play. however it is sacreligious that they have been booked to play somewhere with such shitty acoustics. ohhhh i just thought of something, i know people who work at the hard rock cafe there (used to work there myself)...wondering about connections. probably none :P...

i also am hoping that, in the case of the presale, the ticket choice is not sub-par. i have experienced presales for shows before that only offered shitty tickets. dilemma. i think being that it is a PRE-sale, it should be a principle that the better tickets are offered there first. i don't know...i mean they obviously won't ALL be snatched up by those with presale passwords, but, just...it has been so hard to get decent tickets for their shows over the past few years what with their ever-growing popularity - which, don't get me wrong, is amazing for them - but gone are the days when you used to be able to actually access the general onsale and end up with great tickets as a result. now every show is virtually sold out in 30 seconds! ah well. such is life i guess.

wow i am on a rant here it seems! LOL

i just miss the days when i could get wristbands for floor at their shows so easily. now it is like pulling teeth! i've resorted to paying huge $$ online for gen admission/floor seats.

well if anyone has any more info about the presale it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks! :)

~amy

Presales are unfair, and its still up in arms the legalities surrounding them (its the promoters and ticket sites that do them NOT the artists... at least according the the boss Bruce Springstein) so I have no problem if they're shitty seats.

What I have a problem with is when they SELL OUT during a pre-sale. Thats just not cool.

On the plus side of the Skydome (as it SHOULD be called) is that it'll hold lots of people. Perhaps the coldplay sound technicians can make the acoustics suck LESS...

i have total faith in the coldplay sound technicians! hopefully they can work their magic :)

as for presales, i can see your point. what would be best is if they didn't exist at all, that way more people would have equal access to better tickets overall, as a general rule. you are right about them being unfair.

also - YES! IT'S SKYDOME! jerks. damn corporatism. i still call it the dome :) again, sacreligious.

good call though, it holds tons so regardless there will be more people to enjoy the show!

all i care about is getting good seats! it makes sense presales are still under scrutiny as for moral/legal technicalities. since not coming directly from the artist DOES make it unfair.

ive been there for baseball games, isnt too bad, obviously not as intimate as the amphitheatre, but hey, its Coldplay

can someone give me a ballpark (no pun intended) as too how much this should cost? like, absolute worst seats to average seats? or is it the same as baseball tickets?

still "the Dome"

It's still "the Dome" to me and always will be. I printed the blueprints for it many moons ago.

I would fully get behind any movement that levels the playing field of ticket purachsing. The current system run on supply and demand really benefits only a corporate elite :angry: and is in no way is a reflection on the artists.

ive been there for baseball games, isnt too bad, obviously not as intimate as the amphitheatre, but hey, its Coldplay

can someone give me a ballpark (no pun intended) as too how much this should cost? like, absolute worst seats to average seats? or is it the same as baseball tickets?

Oh they will very likely be more than baseball tickets.

If only! Then the 500 section would be like 11 bucks lol.

I cant see them being more than the ACC. But who knows.. I guess we'll find out next week.