✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

06-Aug-09: Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion, Raleigh, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setl

oh my god how could i forget!?

before we did the cell phone wave when chris stopped talking for a second, in a desperate attempt to get his attention, i screamed "CHRIS YOURE MY BACKGROUND!" but i dont think he heard me :(

the girls next to me did though and they laughed. :D

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here it goes...

My mom, me, and two of my best friends drove from Maryland to see the show...took us 7 HOURS! Anyway, we got there and were the FIRST in line at the gate. I chatted up the security guards and they told me (actually, let me look at their "secret" security paper detailing all the stuff at the show) exactly where the c-stage was. I got the woman to "pre-screen" us so we wouldn't have to wait in line with our bags. My mom and one friend took all the bags so me and my other friend could sprint to the c-stage. The steps to the lawn were DIRECTLY in front of us. As soon as they let us go, we sprinted like our hair was on fire. My friend lost her flip-flop (I was smart enough to wear sneakers!) and I left her in the dust. hahah Anyway, I ran to the top and down to the c-stage. FIRST ONE THERE!!!! (I'm the one in the yellow t-shirt on the main page!!) :) The only other people around it were two super cool Ox-Fammers. The rest of my group caught up and we were all set. When I saw the boys in Pittsburgh, I had the exact same spot, so I was well prepared. I brought 150 glow bracelets and handed them out to everyone so the boys would see a ton of glowing arms in the air. My friend and I BEGGED the one security guard to take down the tent above the c-stage so we could see...we finally convinced them and they did it before Elbow came on.

Elbow was outstanding. I am going out to buy their cd as soon as I can...unbelievable sound and their lead singer is an incredible musician. Really wowed.

Anyway, when Coldplay came out, we screamed and danced our heads off. I thought Chris was sooo playful and personable with the crowd...WAY more than any others I've seen. He must have been in a really good mood. Not getting burnt by a sparkler will do that to you, I guess. :) I don't know about everyone else, but I thought the crowd was phenomenal... maybe it's just because I was at the c-stage, but everyone was SOO loud and sang everything. When I saw them in LA a few weeks ago, NO ONE sang ANYTHING...it was awful. The reason why Chris told us the lyrics to Yellow was because no one knew the words in LA and not many people sang. Afterward, he said the Will, "I guess we'll have to work on those lyrics a bit, huh?" I was so shocked that people kept the VLV chant going at the end of the song to bring Chris back to life...hasn't happened at the other four shows I've been to.

So, now the c-stage... In Pittsburgh, Chris totally ignored the people right in front of the railing and looked over us at the people way in the back of the lawn. Here, it was the exact opposite. The man looked RIGHT at me and leaned WAY down to read my sign ("You had me from Yellow")....cheesy, I know...but true. Anyway, he leaned over, read it, looked at me, laughed, and smiled!! AHHHH!!! Then, guy looked at me and laughed!! Double AHHH!!! :D I saved four glow bracelets and threw them up onto the c-stage for the boys to put on, but they didn't see them. I have a picture of Jonny stepping on one of them..hahah Oh, well. I couldn't see Will at all from where we were. How funny was it that Jonny couldn't find the beat during DWNC? lol We were dying laughing. Even Chris was laughing. He couldn't even purse his lips around the harmonica for a few minutes. hahah I love them. :) The kid who got the harmonica was right beside us. We met him when we came in and he was totally awesome...he about DIED when Chris gave him the harmonica. As they were leaving the c-stage, the one really nice roadie gave me a guitar pick! I'm not sure whose it was, but it's really thin and white. Any ideas?? When they left the c-stage, my mom, my two friends, and I STARTED the Viva chant that the rest of the crowd got into.

No one sat down the entire show. It was amazing. By far, it was the best concert of theirs I've seen. I think they kind of just wanted to take it all in since they knew they'd be leaving the states in a few days. I couldn't believe how into it the crowd was and how awesome of a concert it was. Totally made up for my disappointment in the LA show. I viva for Coldplay. :D

The reason why Chris told us the lyrics to Yellow was because no one knew the words in LA and not many people sang. Afterward, he said the Will, "I guess we'll have to work on those lyrics a bit, huh?" I was so shocked that people kept the VLV chant going at the end of the song to bring Chris back to life...hasn't happened at the other four shows I've been to.

No one sat down the entire show. It was amazing. By far, it was the best concert of theirs I've seen. I think they kind of just wanted to take it all in since they knew they'd be leaving the states in a few days. I couldn't believe how into it the crowd was and how awesome of a concert it was. Totally made up for my disappointment in the LA show. I viva for Coldplay. :D

The VLV chant at the end of the song happens often, and I was disappointed by how weak it was last night.

The LA show must have been COMPLETE SHIT if you thought that crowd was good.

Thanks for the review.

I was such a ridiculous fangirl last night, and I'm really okay with that. I won't have another chance to do that until next time they tour and who knows if they'll have a c-stage for me to get close to. The chance of me getting that close without that stage is very slim. So, fangirl I was!! hahah I'm sure the people around me wanted to kill me. Sorry if any of you were near me last night! I was wearing a bright yellow "You had me from Yellow" shirt and handing out glowsticks. Again, my apologies! :D

I apologize for the poor picture quality; my mom couldn't keep her hands still. :P Most of the pics taken during the concert turned out pretty bad, but you can check them out here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2033037&id=1174508605&l=d8afe7954f

Hope you enjoy them! :)

6096_1212702075743_1174508605_656362_2160091_n.jpg

Our seats...great view.

6096_1212702115744_1174508605_656363_6707779_n.jpg

I think I can see jelynch!

6096_1212702635757_1174508605_656376_6063610_n.jpg

Yellow people :thumbsup:

6096_1212702675758_1174508605_656377_6982923_n.jpg

Cool outfits.

6096_1212702835762_1174508605_656381_451131_n.jpg

World's biggest Coldplay fan...literally.

6096_1212703275773_1174508605_656392_5369728_n.jpg

21,000 people!

6096_1212703835787_1174508605_656404_1390248_n.jpg

Clocks

6096_1212704235797_1174508605_656414_5948597_n.jpg

YELLOW

6096_1212705195821_1174508605_656438_7039233_n.jpg

C-stage from where my mom was. (I sprinted over there)