✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

06-Aug-09: Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion, Raleigh, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setl

Who the fuck uploaded this rip? The quality is brilliant. :thumbsup:

The crowd was so shitty lol, which is great for this recording's sake. Helps me hear the band.

Did you have trouble downloading it on your computer? It doesn't seem to be working very well for me. And how do you get it to play on your ipod since it's not mp3?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously, i laugh my ass off everytime i watch my videos because a.) we're singing soooo badly and b.) i'm freaking out so much. my screams are hilarious because they aren't like long and drawn out, theyre really loud and high-pitched and last for about a second each. its like "AHH! AHH! AHH! AHH! AHH!" idk... you have to hear them. :lol:

seriously, i laugh my ass off everytime i watch my videos because a.) we're singing soooo badly and b.) i'm freaking out so much. my screams are hilarious because they aren't like long and drawn out, theyre really loud and high-pitched and last for about a second each. its like "AHH! AHH! AHH! AHH! AHH!" idk... you have to hear them. :lol:

Wow...Are they on youtube or something?

I'm on Glass of Water right now...damn I think I was the ONLY person in the crowd singing along :lol:

I was singing loudly and horribly too!!! lol Too bad we all weren't right beside each other all night...then we'd feel a bit differently methinks. :D

FINALLY figured out how to get the concert as an mp3 format so I can listen to it...took me about two days (seriously), but I GOT IT!!! AHHHH!! I've only listened to a few songs so far but it sounds AWESOME! And seriously, the crowd was SOOO much better than the LA show, I cannot even explain it. :D

You could've just pmed me :dozey:

haha I know but I really wanted to figure it out so now I know how to do it!! YAY!! :D

I think I told you this before but the LA show must have been horrid.

For real. You have no idea. I was sooo disappointed in that show, I couldn't listen to them for a whole week. It was so sad. The boys knew the crowd was totally not into it at all. They were just running through the songs and I really didn't blame them at all. The crowd overall was terrible. I'm not sure most people even knew who they were there to see. Anyway, the Raleigh show is amazing to me because of the LA show. haha At least something good came out of that mess of a concert. :P

For real. You have no idea. I was sooo disappointed in that show, I couldn't listen to them for a whole week. It was so sad. The boys knew the crowd was totally not into it at all. They were just running through the songs and I really didn't blame them at all. The crowd overall was terrible. I'm not sure most people even knew who they were there to see. Anyway, the Raleigh show is amazing to me because of the LA show. haha At least something good came out of that mess of a concert. :P

I'm nominating this for most depressing post of the year.

MMM: Waiting 'Til the Shine Wears Off

This week's Monday Mood Music selection was a no-brainer considering I saw this group in concert last Thursday and their songs are still echoing in my mind. A hot, humid and rainy evening had been expected, but fortunately for everyone it turned out to be a rather mild, albeit dewy, night at the Walnut Creek Pavilion here in Raleigh, NC. Even better was the energetic performance Coldplay gave.

That's right, Coldplay; Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman and Will Champion (in case you knew only Mr. Gwyneth Paltrow). After the first few songs, the amphitheater went dark with only Martin talking. When the lights came up, huge yellow balloons were bouncing from the covered seats and grassy knoll! A laser light show shot multicolored beams from the stage and cannons spewed insane amounts of confetti everywhere.

The best part? Realizing the band was navigating their way through the crowd to an ad-hoc mini stage set up at the front of the lawn. Once there, they strapped on some guitars and performed about five songs acoustically, including a cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. They eventually returned to the main stage and finished the evening. To top it off, we were given a complimentary nine-track live album as we exited (grab your copy here).

I expected the music to be good, but had never expected it to be that good. There was just a great energy. The only stumbling block was when Chris Martin thought it was Friday instead of Thursday, but he laughed at his own fuck up.

http://reelwhore.blogspot.com/2009/08/mmm-waiting-til-shine-wears-off.html

Coldplay at Walnut Creek

For my birthday, my wonderful girlfriend got me tickets to the Coldplay concert in Raleigh two nights ago. I've always been a fan of their music, but just assumed that their live show would be ho-hum. Let's face it, a lot of their music isn't very exciting.

Man, was I proven wrong.

Chris Martin is a much better front man than I expected him to be and Coldplay can put on one hell of a rock show. Not only was the music almost perfect, but the light show was dazzling and Martin connected with a crowd as well as anyone I've ever seen, especially at a spread out amphitheater.

The set was very heavy on tunes from the new album, "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends," but the staples were still there, like "Fix You," "Clocks," and "Yellow." "Violet Hill" started off the show and "Viva La Vida" was the hands-down favorite, even though it came a lot earlier in the show than I expected.

What impressed me most was when the band did something that I have never seen at Walnut Creek: play on a stage in the lawn seating. It's nice to see the band give some love to the fans sitting in the back, who usually have to rely on the massive video screens to watch the show.

My favorite parts were when the yellow inflatable balls bounced around during "Yellow," when Martin instructed the crowd to do a "cell phone wave," and the shaky-yet-awesome cover of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean."

Oh, and they gave out a free live CD, "LeftRightLeftRightLeft," after the show. Can't beat that.

Coldplay impressed me and with each album they seem to be getting stronger. These guys are the real thing.

http://www.coreyinscoe.com/2009/08/live-coldplay-at-walnut-creek.html

We’re big fans of Coldpay but neither of us have seen them in concert. So, we were pretty psyched to score lawn tickets to last night’s show at the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek. With taxes, surcharges and facility fees, they ran $55 a pop.

We didn’t have much interest in the openers and Coldplay wasn’t scheduled to come on until 9 p.m., so we left at 7:15 p.m. thinking that should probably give us an hour or so to tailgate in the parking lot. Our plan was quickly foiled though when we spotted the never-ending line of cars backed up for several miles attempting to exit the highway. Some MacGyver-esque maneuvers on my part cut out some of the delay but it still wasn’t until 8:30 p.m. that we were able to park.

After a couple of beers, we squeezed our way onto the crowded lawn; our view was partially obstructed by the pavilion but it was about the best we could do as the band exploded onto stage with “Violet Hill.” The show itself would soon prove to be a spectacle — with huge yellow balloons floating over the crowd during “Yellow,” confetti cannons exploding with the chorus of “Lovers in Japan,” and Martin leading the crowd in a cell phone “wave.”

During “Lost,” a flurry of movement to our immediate right caught my attention. Five or six members of the crew were quickly building and setting up what looked like a platform. When a mic and guitar were placed on top of the makeshift stage, we quickly moved toward it as a crush of people followed behind us.

As the lights dimmed, Chris Martin and the band hopped off the main stage and made their way to the lawn platform. And suddenly, we had front row seats to a Coldplay concert.

Watching from just feet away, they jammed out an acoustic set of “Green Eyes” and “Death Will Never Conquer,” with drummer Will Champion taking the lead vocals. Amazingly, from where we stood, there was no need for amplification; we could actually hear them singing.

It wasn’t over yet though as the band covered Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” and encouraged the ecstatic crowd to sing along.

With that, Coldplay returned to the main stage and finished up their set. To be honest, the final three songs and encore were a bit anti-climactic. We left as the band closed with Martin promising to return to Raleigh in a couple of years.

But whether or not last night’s performance could ever be topped seems pretty unlikely.

http://marczawel.com/2009/08/07/front-row-seats-to-coldplay/

Michael, Paul and I went to a Coldplay concert at Walnut Creek in Raleigh last night. It was awesome beyond words. They are just so amazing! We went with Michael's brother Ryan and his wife Christina. First we went out to eat at Red Robin. The opening act was supposed to start at 7:30, but we had never heard of them and weren't really interested in standing around and watching them, so we didn't get there until around 8:00. The walk from the parking area to the amphitheater is seriously about 1 mile. I had Paul in the Baby Bjorn and he fell asleep while we were walking. I made the comment that I felt a little like "white trash" taking a baby to a concert. I thought we would see other people with babies, but I didn't end up seeing any.

We all had to use the restroom when we got there (free drink refills at Red Robin will get you every time!), but the line to the women's restroom was unbelievably long- I'm talking like a half hour wait to use the bathroom (the men's had almost no line at all... Michael and Ryan were in and out in about 4 minutes). We were thinking that were was no way it could be the only bathroom, so we walked around the amphitheater and there was one that was less busy on the other side. While we were standing in line, a girl asked if she could take my picture- she thought it was so cool that I had a baby strapped to me at a concert. I told her "ummm, sure". After our potty break, we went to find our "seats". We bought tickets for the lawn, which meant we didn't have any seats assigned, but could go where ever we could find room on a huge grassy area. When we first walked into the amphitheater, I was totally overwhelmed at the number of people. We walked for a while and found a space big enough for us not too far up the lawn.

About 3 or 4 minutes after we got situated, Coldplay came out! It was the most perfect timing! We had brought camping chairs to sit on, but at the entrance they told us the chairs were too big and we couldn't take them in. They had a place where we could check them and then pick them up after the concert. We didn't think to bring a blanket to sit on, so we ended up having to stand up the entire time, which we probably would've done anyway, but it did make nursing the baby a little more difficult. They started the concert with Life In Technicolor, which is what the 4 of us thought they would start with.

They played Speed of Sound not to long after that. The lighting and effects were just amazing. It is so fun to watch Chris Martin perform. He has so much energy. And he's funny too. It's impossible to remember what all they played. I know they played Yellow. They had a bunch of yellow lights on and they put huge yellow balloons out in the crowd for people to hit around. They played Strawberry Swing, which I just love. They played Viva La Vida, of course. Paul woke up when the concert started. He wanted out of the Baby Bjorn so he could see what was going on. He seemed to like the music.

I took him out of the carrier and nursed him (standing up with my nursing cover over us) and then we passed him around between the 4 of us for a while. He was just looking all around at the lights and everything. He was cooing with the music a bunch while Aunt Christina was holding him. His arms and legs were going crazy and moving all around while Daddy was holding him so he could see the stage.

They played my alltime favorite Coldplay song- Fix You. They had a cool mirror-effect thing on the big screen behind them. It was beautiful.

After they performed Lost!, much to our delight, they came back to the lawn area and did some songs about 20 yards from where we were standing. Ryan and Christina ran up there to get as close as possible to them. They got within 10 feet or so and Ryan let Christina get on his shoulders, so she had a great view. Michael and I stayed where we were (for Paul's safety). They did a few silly little songs and goofed off and made jokes. It was great. Then they covered Michael Jackson's Billy Jean, which was unbelievable.

They went back to the stage and played some more- I knew they played Lovers in Japan (they shot paper butterflies out over the crowd, it was really cool), they played Clocks, they played In My Place... and lots of other stuff. It's hard to remember. I put Paul back in the Baby Bjorn towards the end and he went back to sleep.

Chris Martin came back out first and started performing The Scientist by himself on the piano. It was beautiful.

Then the rest of the band came out too. After The Scientist, they ended with Life in Technicolor II. They thanked the fans up and down. I love how gracious they are to their fans. They said they'd be back in a few years, and that they had CD's for all of us that we could get on the way out. Chris Martin said "they cost zero dollars and zero cents. Don't waste your money" in his awesome British accent.

It took forever to get out of there. But we finally made it to the exit and got our free CDs and then started the mile trek back to the car. I'm surprised how well my back and shoulders did with carrying our big fat baby so much. The worst part is my feet, actually. I was stupid and wore flip-flops, so now I have blisters between my big toe and my second toe. It was definitely worth it though!!!!!

http://michaelnkimberly.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...

Well this is really late, but I have to say something. We were in like the fifth to last row of the seated area, so we had a great view of all three stages. I thought the crowd wasn't horrible, although everyone around me never sang along besides during Fix You and Viva La Vida. I sang every song, and was ridiculously jumpy. Twas my first Coldplay Concert, so yeah. The best part, aside from the music, of Coldplay live in concert is how personal they were with the crowd. Everyone seemed to be in a rush to get out, which pissed me off, because they were slow putting the lights up, which would mean there was a slight possibility the band would come out for a second encore. (This is general knowledge about concerts to me) My favorite performance from the whole thing was Lovers in Japan, that song just looks amazing live. The only annoying thing is all the people standing on their seats or hitting you in the head trying to catch a butterfly. On the way back to our car, some drunken moron walked into a stop sign, and with a loud mettalic BANG and then a thud, he was knocked out. It was quite funny to see. Some guy caught one of the Yellow Balloon Ball things and never popped it, and was bringing it back to their car. Sadly, the balls never came close to us, only in the first few rows and the lawn. I was in disbelief and a continued state of awe for about three days after that concert. I have a few pictures and some videos. But yeah, they are most definately the best band Live. And all around, for that matter

• 2 weeks later...
On the way back to our car, some drunken moron walked into a stop sign, and with a loud mettalic BANG and then a thud, he was knocked out. It was quite funny to see.

:stunned::laugh3::lol:

That sounded amazing. There were so many drunk people there. So much room for comedy.

I still get chills thinking about LiJ, Politk, and the Scientist.