✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Jul-09: Sleep Train Amphitheater, Sacramento, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists,

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got section 206... I'm perfectly happy with it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing left tomorrow (like what happened with the Mountain View show)

Well right now if you ask for 3 tickets its already pulling up lawn, so my guess is thats exactly whats going to happen. I think its really wrong that they release ALL the seats at presale. What about people who work Friday mornings and don't have the luxury of taking the time to do this. It really seems like concerts are fast becoming an activity exclusively for the wealthy. I think the whole ticketing system needs a complete revamp. It wasn't this bad on the X&Y tour. Hell it wasn't this bad last summer.

Unfortunately for me it was lawn tickets at Shoreline or seats in Sacramento. I live 10 minutes away from Shoreline. :(

Anyway,

In your opinion, which tickets are better, section 111 row 6 or section 206 row 8-14?

Section 111 is much closer (and the row is pretty close to the edge) but section 206 faces the stage right on.

From which of these can you see the stage better?

Can you actually see the performers?

(From section 111, can you see the entire stage even though youre at an angle?)

Thanks to anyone who can answer!!

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody have a guess as to what happened to sections 1, 2, and 3. I haven't heard of anyone getting a seat there in the pre, or general sale, and theres no sign of them on ebay or any site like stubhub....its just kinda strange. We got section 112 and I was happy enough with that compared to the shoreline, but I still find it odd that all the best seats just aren't around?

• 2 weeks later...

Something shady went down with tickets at this show and Shoreline. I'm going to LA where I got tickets right in front of the stage. I'm going to keep checking to see if any good tickets come about for shows in the Bay.

It appears that better seats have become available...and umm if your partial to standing in Pit's you might want to get your butt over to livenation. I guess that answers my question about what happened to section 1, 2, and 3.

I'm screaming inside right now!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I already have tickets to the Shoreline show, but I just pulled up two seats for Sec. 101, Row 7. Much better than the seats I got for Shoreline. Now, the only question is, should I go for them...?

I'm looking at the front row seats in section 105 that look pretty sweet as well... do I want to drive 122 miles the next day to see Coldplay again? Hmmmmmm... I think it will be a sweet show.

Something shady went down with tickets at this show and Shoreline. I'm going to LA where I got tickets right in front of the stage. I'm going to keep checking to see if any good tickets come about for shows in the Bay.

A couple of possibilities: the producers know that the Bay area will have a disporportionately high number of Coldplay fans, so they wanted to sell out the less desireable seats first; second possibility is that they wanted to give as many of the the best seats to all the friends of the band and sponsors before making them available to the public. The first day of sale, LiveNation initially showed all of the reserved seats as sold out. Later in the day, they showed only a few seats available in the 200s. In other words, they had to make sure Gwenyth, the kids, family and friends had their seats first!

Take me with you! :P

I'm trying to figure out someway to get there from SF. Does anyone know how late at night the amtrak runs?

The Sleeptrain looks to be very remote from the view on Google Earth. It's out in the middle of what looks like a desert. I doubt that there is any public transportation there, unless it would be especially for the show. It would be best to share a ride. Perhaps a few of us can pool a ride there? I'm in SF and Pleasant Hill areas.

Does Coldplay cancel venues from not selling enough tickets?

There are still over half the pit tickets left, and the two sections on the right and the left behind the pit have over half to sell as well. The two sections behind those also have half to sell. And 4 sections behind those have 100% of their tickets to sell (about 120 people each). Not to mention the lawn seats...

There are still over half the pit tickets left, and the two sections on the right and the left behind the pit have over half to sell as well. The two sections behind those also have half to sell. And 4 sections behind those have 100% of their tickets to sell (about 120 people each). Not to mention the lawn seats...

I was wondering the same thing. They added this concert a few weeks after the initial listing of shows. If they don't sell enough tickets at the venue, they will probably cancel the show. I'm surprised that it's not more sold. I suspect that even the seats shown as "sold" may still be on hold for sponsors, etc.

However, after saying that, if section 103, the center behind the pit, opens up I'm buying a ticket if I can get a front row seat. If Coldplay does cancel, I think LiveNation would give a refund. Does anyone know for sure?

I hope to God not. Initially almost all the seats released were sold, but since they've released the new batch, there hasn't been much action. Maybe as the date gets closer, and people start to make their summer plans sales will go up.

That said who's brilliant idea was it to withhold more than 1000 tickets initially? A lot of people I know try for tickets the day they go on sale and if they have no luck, they never think to look again.

I hope to God not. Initially almost all the seats released were sold, but since they've released the new batch, there hasn't been much action. Maybe as the date gets closer, and people start to make their summer plans sales will go up.

That said who's brilliant idea was it to withhold more than 1000 tickets initially? A lot of people I know try for tickets the day they go on sale and if they have no luck, they never think to look again.

I know, the withholding of seats is very unfair to those enthusiastic fans who bought early and only had the choice of upper level seats or the lawn. That's what happened to me for Shoreline.

I think the practice is based on the fact that Coldplay's concerts are "virtually sold out for the next year" as they said on the 60 minutes segment. The Marysville concert is the very next day after the show at Shoreline. Marysville is not too far away and most of the population lives in the Bay area. Marysville is not selling very well. My guess is that the producers will cancel unless they sell a certain minimum number of seats to cover the costs because these productions are expensive. They have a lot of equipment to move and set up, plus the cost of cleaning up all the paper mache butterflies after the show! I would volunteer for clean up if I could get in for free, but the volunteer positions with Oxfam are only for promoting Oxfam.

Yep, I'll be going to this one. This will be my first Coldplay concert. I have seats back in the 207 section. I'm kind of inexperienced when it comes to concerts, but is there any possibility of me getting up close? My friend and I joked about "fighting" our way to the front.

If your in a seated area, security is usually pretty tight, they check tickets at the entrance to each section.

However there are pit tickets still available, which would enable you a shot at getting to the front.

I know, the withholding of seats is very unfair to those enthusiastic fans who bought early and only had the choice of upper level seats or the lawn. That's what happened to me for Shoreline.

I think the practice is based on the fact that Coldplay's concerts are "virtually sold out for the next year" as they said on the 60 minutes segment. The Marysville concert is the very next day after the show at Shoreline. Marysville is not too far away and most of the population lives in the Bay area. Marysville is not selling very well. My guess is that the producers will cancel unless they sell a certain minimum number of seats to cover the costs because these productions are expensive. They have a lot of equipment to move and set up, plus the cost of cleaning up all the paper mache butterflies after the show! I would volunteer for clean up if I could get in for free, but the volunteer positions with Oxfam are only for promoting Oxfam.

I'm going to pray every day between now and July, that that doesn't happen. Seriously I finally get a shot at a pit ticket, heck a seat that isn't a mile away, and now people decide to stop buying them!!??!! Nope I'm just going to have to plead with God on this one lol.