✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Jul-09: Sleep Train Amphitheater, Sacramento, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists,

Ok so this makes me SOOOOO mad that I woke up early the day the tickets went on sale and bought tickets for $250 dollars in sect 202 and now I can get pit tickets 2 for $125.

It's completely ridiculous. What am I supposed to do with the $250 dollar tickets that are now worth $104???

Was this Coldplay or Sleep Train's idea?

Anyway I'm furious.

Excited that I get to see them so close, but furious that I wasted $250 dollars that I don't have thinking I was being proactive in getting the best possible seats at 10 am in FEBRUARY.

Ridiculous!

Don't feel bad. The same thing happened to me with the Shoreline concert. I had my finger on the trigger the morning that the tickets went on sale. That was first week of February. They didn't show any reserved seats available when it first opened, so I bought two lawn tickets for $110. Then, later in the day they showed a few reserved upper level seats available , and I bought two of those for $249. I am WAY up in there near the lawn. Then in the first week of May, they showed a bunch of seats available in the 100s or lower sections. I was very disappointed because I would have loved to have gotten two of those seats and to have been closer but I was not willing to spend more money buying any more tickets. Then a couple of weeks ago, I saw a couple of 100s section seats available there again.

The pricing decisions are not made by Coldplay, but by the marketers under the direction of the producers. They are the ones who put the whole show together, who market and price the seats, and who decide whether or not to cancel a show if it looks as if they will lose money. Coldplay is only paid a fee for the show. Coldplay can cancel a show if they need to, such as if one of them is sick. They did that recently, but rescheduled another show to make up for it.

I'm just glad that they are trying to sell enough tickets to avoid canceling the show. If you've noticed, there are more than 100 reserved seats available in most of the upper level sections. The producers and marketers have heavily discounted those seats, and now offer two more discounted categories: $49 and $39 seats, instead of just the $97 and $79 seats before. The seats in the upper section further to the side are discounted now. I'm afraid it might attract a roughneck crowd, and because they sell alcohol at the event, there is always a chance of misbehaving, although one would think that Coldplay's soft rock would only attract a crowd of the most beautiful, nicest people.

I really hope they don't cancel this show because I have great seats now. A good friend of mine is going with me, and I think this will be a sweet show. I'm also going to see Coldplay the day before at the Shoreline, so call me a "hard-core" fan!

From experience, it is better to take one's time buying tickets for popular shows like this. This forum is great for keeping up on what's happening with the availability of seats. It was here that I found out that they had opened up a bunch of seats at the Shoreline, though it was too late for me because I had foolishly bought tickets. The producers and marketers make their money by selling at what the market will bear.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I bought our tickets at full price on Sat. (yes, they were on the floor, so I shouldn't complain.) Then I found this forum yesterday and saw the TRAVEL promotion and realized I could have gotten them 2 for 1. arggghhh!!! But after reading the posts, I guess I'm not alone!

I figured there was some sort of marketing going on. . . but I can't believe how cheap the tickets have gotten. . . and it doesn't seem fair to the folks who logged in back in Feb. in get first in line. I know in the past I've set my alarm and made arrangements to call or log in earlier to get into classes, etc. I would be upset if I knew someone who called in last minute got in!

Guess I've learned my lesson!

:)

Slow and Steady Wins this Race!

Yea, I bought our tickets at full price on Sat.

Guess I've learned my lesson!

I did too, for the Shoreline concert. The slow and steady turtle, not the fast jack rabbit wins in this game! I've seen lots of people selling their tickets on Craigslist, probably because they upgraded and are trying to get their money back on the first tickets they bought. I found some friends that wanted the extra lawn tickets I had bought. Wheatland tix will be harder to sell since there are many deeply discounted seats available now from Live Nation.

I waited many weeks to buy my tix for Wheatland, but it cost me a lot of time I spent checking the site hundreds of times over that period. At least their trying to sell enough tix to not have to cancel the show, and that is a very good thing! :)

Last year two Coldplay concerts here were canceled: one in Oakland, the other in Sacramento. That only left San Jose HP Pavilion, with its inferior acoustics.

Starfish

Coldplay = Love

starfish,

you post makes me feel better! I did go ahead and buy the tickets on Sat. largely because I don't have a lot of time. . . . . . I'm glad you got your tix since you spent all of that time checking! Things do work out and time=money! I pretty much just wanted to get the tickets, not worry about it anymore, enjoy my summer plans for the next few weeks and show up on 7/14!

The timing of this concert worked out well. We really like the Viva la vida album and the music is so much fun and we were thrilled they were coming to the area. Plus it's summer so it's easier to schedule around.

NOTE: as of 6/23/09, the TravelZoo 2 for 1 offer is not displayed any longer on the Live Nation site.

They show a "Vitamin Water 2 for 1" promotion. Does anyone know how to participate in this offer?

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Could someone please tell us about their lawn section experience at this event? Are lawn seats any good at this event? I am going with a party of about 8.

I've never been to this venue specifically but I have been in the lawn at a lot of other amphitheater shows, and its not that bad. Naturally the view is going to be from more of a distance, but if your coming with a large group and want to be able to dance and mingle with each other, lawn can be a lot of fun. And of course from my perspective there is no such thing as a bad seat at a coldplay show. And then at some shows the band has been doing a 2-3 song set from the lawn, so you could get lucky and end up near them for that.

I prefer reserved seats over the lawn

Could someone please tell us about their lawn section experience at this event? Are lawn seats any good at this event? I am going with a party of about 8.

I would not buy lawn tickets to this concert because the difference in price between the lawn and the cheaper upper section seats is only a couple of dollars. They recently added two additional reduced price reserved seats, at $39 and $49 each. Lawn costs $35, which is only $4 less. I would rather sit up in a reserved seat closer and more comfortable than having to stand or sit on the grass and be further away. Also, I've heard that the lawn crowd are partiers, some rowdy, and not even paying attention to the show. Good luck with your tickets.

Starfish

Coldplay = Love

Coldplay Deprivation until the concert date

I'm giving up listening to Coldplay for the next two weeks until the concert. I have been listening to them everyday and want to clear my mind so that when I hear them live, it will enhance the experience. I will be in Coldplay withdrawal by then and their music will be like a medicininal cure. I'm going to both the Shoreline and Wheatland concerts. I got great seats at Wheatland, just hoping they don't cancel. Ticket sales seem to have been slow for this concert, which is why I was able to buy them, unlike the Shoreline which is all sold out.

I'm giving up listening to Coldplay for the next two weeks until the concert. I have been listening to them everyday and want to clear my mind so that when I hear them live, it will enhance the experience. I will be in Coldplay withdrawal by then and their music will be like a medicininal cure. I'm going to both the Shoreline and Wheatland concerts. I got great seats at Wheatland, just hoping they don't cancel. Ticket sales seem to have been slow for this concert, which is why I was able to buy them, unlike the Shoreline which is all sold out.

Wow, over two weeks! Good luck with your Coldplay-cure plan; hope you don't crack! Gotta give you props for even trying.....two weeks is a long time. :clap:

I'm pretty sure I could never hold out for 2 whole weeks lol. But I too am just praying they don't cancel. With only two weeks to go, I'm hoping they wouldn't pull the plug, so I literally am just praying. I have pit tickets, that will never happen again, they just have to do this show. I've never been closer than row 40. :::prays::::

I'm pretty sure I could never hold out for 2 whole weeks lol. But I too am just praying they don't cancel. With only two weeks to go, I'm hoping they wouldn't pull the plug, so I literally am just praying. I have pit tickets, that will never happen again, they just have to do this show. I've never been closer than row 40. :::prays::::

I feel the same. I checked the pick-your-seat map, and it seems most of the seats have been taken, so I'm keeping my hopes up. But yes, I would be really upset if they cancelled.....:(

I'm glad I'm close because I figure I can make a run for the roadies faster than anyone else. I have my sights set on some picks or a setlist. :guitarist: Trying to look for the best techniques to get some.

Competition

3672824075_bfecc21606_b.jpg

Sync Up With Coldplay, and you could win the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet Coldplay, plus 2 tickets to see them live in concert on July 14th at Sleeptrain Amphitheater!

The Grand Prize winner will also be able to rock out with a customized Epiphone Sync Les Paul Guitar Jr. mp3 device synch'd up with selections from Vitamin Water artists, and a 6 month supply of Vitamin Water!

Enter the contest short code below, along with your contact information, and you will be entered to win the grand prize! The entry short code can be found at all participating Raleys and Bel Air locations.

http://www.radiozone.com/pages/4511867.php?contentType=4&contentId=4099260&isPreview=1&noCache=1&nextPage=%2Fappx%2Fblurb%2Fblurb_page_summary.php%3FstnPageId%3D4511867%26contentType%3D4%26contentId%3D4099260

Unfortunately the competition is only open to legal residents of California.

T&C's: http://imgsrv.radiozone.com/image/kzzo2/UserFiles/Media/rules/REVISED_KZZO_VitaminWater_In_Store_Contest_Rules_APPROVED.pdf

Wow, over two weeks! Good luck with your Coldplay-cure plan; hope you don't crack! Gotta give you props for even trying.....two weeks is a long time. :clap:

Well, I'm saturated, having listened to them almost every day since Fall of last year. Then when I finally hear them again -- live!

Please don't cancel this show, Coldplay! Almost all of the pit and most of the 100 sections are sold, so I doubt that it will be canceled. Hopefully, it will make the concert a little more intimate!

"Ideas that you'll never find, all the inventors could never design... All the buildings that you put up in Japan and China are all lit up..."

Coldplay = Love

Ahh! Mimi! Thanks for sharing that :D How exciting!

The official rules are confusing though..

http://imgsrv.radiozone.com/image/kzzo2/UserFiles/Media/rules/REVISED_KZZO_VitaminWater_In_Store_Contest_Rules_APPROVED.pdf

do we enter only once by text, or would our chances be better by entering it once a day? (its only a week from now anyway)

i really hope somebody here gets it :)

M.

I have an extra single ticket for this show, section 114, row 2, seat 7.

http://www.greatseats.com/seating_charts/Sleep_Train_Amphitheatre_CA_103548.asp

Ticket cost me $124.15 with all fees. Will sell for $100 or best offer.

If interested please PM me.

P.S.. What the heck is the "Sleep Train" anyway??

lol sleep train is a mattress store, that I can only guess bought the venue.