✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Jul-09: Sleep Train Amphitheater, Sacramento, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists,

quick question!! i've never been to a coldplay cocert (or ANY concert) and tomorrow night will be my first one!! =D my family needs to know: at what time should we get to the venue? i figured the experienced coldplayers here would give me the best answer ;)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting times

quick question!! i've never been to a coldplay cocert (or ANY concert) and tomorrow night will be my first one!! =D my family needs to know: at what time should we get to the venue? i figured the experienced coldplayers here would give me the best answer ;)

Coldplay will begin at about 9 PM and will play until about 11, including encores. The opening acts will start at 7 PM (or whatever the showtime is.) Amadou and Mariam, the blind black couple and their band and two dancers from Africa were fantastic! They played from about 7:45-8:30. (I missed the first opening act :( ) Then they played some pre-recorded U-2 and some rap music, as one of Coldplay's roadie's gave a short but sweet break dance performance! then, Mozart's Blue Danube Waltz, then Coldplay!

If you have reserved seats, you should be there by 8:45 at the latest, and allow time for traffic, etc. If you have GA, arrive earlier to get near the front.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Yep the ticket says 7pm, but that's the preshow. If you've got lawn seats, be there before then to stake out a good view of the show. But if you've got chair tickets, and just want to see Coldplay, be there around 8:30pm.

Although I wonder if they have different schedules for each venue. I played it safe and arrived at 6:45. You also get the whole experience that way as well.

Ok, I thought I was imagining things, so I just copy/pasted from front page of cping.com:

No major changes to the normal arena setlist except that Billie Jean replaced I'm A Believer in the acoustic set again, and Sitting on the Dock of the Bay was added to Will's acoustic slot.

Did anyone get a vid of this??? Looked for it on youtube with no luck...

The show was awe inspiring. I was always a fan of Coldplay, been listening since Parachutes. But I was lucky enough to win some lawn seat tickets to this concert yesterday. I'm glad I went, since during the concert the band moved to a box right next to the lawn area, and played three songs!!! (Green Eyes, An acoustic sung by Will, and Billie Jean -- Billie Jean was truly amazing, especially with the crowd singing along!! I wish I had video of that!)

But I did get a minute of Green Eyes before the memory card on my camera went out, here it is: (Sorry for the shaky film, there were so many people there!)

http://www.twitvid.com/E3EE6

(Edit: Ruploaded due to audio problems)

they played more than 3 songs. they played green eyes, now my feet won't touch the ground, sitting on the dock of the bay (the improvized part sung by chris), death will never conquer (will's song), and billie jean

i have videos of the show that i will post soon, and i have videos from shoreline too!

my username on youtube is: aeroplanezero04

THE SHOW WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!

I was an Oxfam Volunteer, We were fortunate to get some pretty awesome seats!! We were center section (2) row 11!! Thats right 11 rows back from the stage! The sound was amazing!!

I have the whole show recorded in my camera in avi. format! I will try and get to it and share with the coldplaying community!!!

*** Hey maya!!

THE SHOW WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!

I was an Oxfam Volunteer, We were fortunate to get some pretty awesome seats!! We were center section (2) row 11!! Thats right 11 rows back from the stage! The sound was amazing!!

I have the whole show recorded in my camera in avi. format! I will try and get to it and share with the coldplaying community!!!

*** Hey maya!!

haha, hey! aw man, was that not the greatest night? I can't believe the seats we got! Luckiest. Oxfam. team. ever. :P I recorded a bunch too, I should have it all up tomorrow.

Anyway it was cool to meet you (:

:P I'm really surprised with myself to be honest. And the t-shirt is humongous. Its like an Oxfam dress, haha. But still cool.

I think to embed video, you just put the link to it in your post, and make sure that the 'automatically embed media' box is checked (it might only show under the advanced post template)

I just tried it with a video from youtube and it worked fine. As for images.. I'm not sure about that.

So, what was the highlight of the show for you?

I'm sure you did! I kept screaming at Chris hahaha.

lol, yeah, you did seem to be enjoying yourself. :) :lol:

Coldplay will begin at about 9 PM and will play until about 11, including encores. The opening acts will start at 7 PM (or whatever the showtime is.) Amadou and Miriam, the blind black couple's band from Africa were fantastic! They played for about an hour, from about 7:30-8:30. (I missed the first opening act.) Then recorded U-2 and rap (with one of Coldplay's roadie's giving a short but sweet break dance performance!) Blue Danube Waltz, then Coldplay!

You should be there by 8:45 at the latest, and allow time for traffic, etc.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

The first act was Kitty, Daisy, and Lewis, a band from the U.K. Amadou and Mariam were good, they're very percussiony :drummer: and from Mali. The first act runs from 7:00 to about 7:45, and starfish42's times are right as well. Don't fret if you miss the supporting acts though, Coldplay still is the best!

And you guys did a good job at the Oxfam table! You convinced me! :thumbsup: Were you guys able to hear Coldplay's sound check?

my highlight was the shock and awe of how good our seats were!!

i mean i have listened and followed them since 2001 and i have never been that close to them ever!!

so i was very very happy to actually see them in a good seat!

what was yours!

Here is " In my Place"..!!!!!! **WATCH IN HQ

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVk6223-Lf8]YouTube - 100 3190[/ame]

Here is "Viva La Vida" & "Lost" ** WATCH IN HQ

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFFqM-K0zDQ]YouTube - SL371525[/ame]

That's a great vid Duran! Better than mine, which were messed up because of odd lighting and wrong settings, and I didn't get an entire song except for Viva. I'll try to get some videos up sometime. :D

However, you're Viva video doesn't work. D:

That's a great vid Duran! Better than mine, which were messed up because of odd lighting and wrong settings, and I didn't get an entire song except for Viva. I'll try to get some videos up sometime. :D

Thanks man..!!

I'll look forward to seeing your pics & vids...

*Vida is still processing, i should be working now??

Thanks man..!!

I'll look forward to seeing your pics & vids...

*Vida is still processing, i should be working now??

It's working now! Yeah, I'm working on them, but it might be a while. D: Wow, I gotta volunteer for Oxfam next time. Those are good seats for volunteers. :)

It's working now! Yeah, I'm working on them, but it might be a while. D: Wow, I gotta volunteer for Oxfam next time. Those are good seats for volunteers. :)

Yes the seats were excellent!! Keep intouch with Oxfam!!

Yes the seats were excellent!! Keep intouch with Oxfam!!

I will! So how did you volunteer? Did Oxfam contact you, or you them?

Your Viva video's pretty good! Mine was messed up visually, but yours doesn't have that flaw! (Although the audio's a little messed up, but that's not a big deal!) :)

Good Green Eyes video! I could barely see that song because I was in the front....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g1PZNDTp-s]YouTube - Coldplay- Fix You[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7CbHwi5fUo]YouTube - Coldplay- Strawberry Swing[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaqjBFPYslE]YouTube - Coldplay- Viva La Vida[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp66Ro9vEVw]YouTube - Coldplay- Politik (ending)[/ame]

Pics are almost done!