✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Jul-09: Sleep Train Amphitheater, Sacramento, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists,

The Attraction of the "Pit"

I'm going to pray every day between now and July, that that doesn't happen. Seriously I finally get a shot at a pit ticket, heck a seat that isn't a mile away, and now people decide to stop buying them!!??!! Nope I'm just going to have to plead with God on this one lol.

I suppose you've already bought tickets for the "pit" or floor?

As an ardent Coldplay fan as any, I understand the attraction of a space on the floor. You get to stand right in front of the band. see them up close, hope that they see you, dancing and jumping around as we groupies love to do. However, I'm only 5'5" and I would be unable to see much of the band if anyone of average height is in front of me. I doubt that I'd get there early enough to be at the front. That's why I'm not considering the floor.

If "God" or the angels of destiny, or whatever you want to call Her, wills it, section 103 will open up and I'll buy 2 tix immediately! Section 104 or 105 are close follow ups.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, the withholding of seats is very unfair to those enthusiastic fans who bought early and only had the choice of upper level seats or the lawn. That's what happened to me for Shoreline.

It seems as though this same thing has happened to me. We bought tickets in March, about a month after they went on sale, and we just thought that the pit seats were already sold out. However, I checked yesterday and saw that the pit seats are now suddenly available, and there are a lot of them. I called live nation and they said I can't exchange my ticket, but I could sell it independently and buy new ones. My dad wasn't really up for that though, so we're just sticking to our same seats. Oh well, at least I get to live my dream of going to a Coldplay concert.

I suppose you've already bought tickets for the "pit" or floor?

As an ardent Coldplay fan as any, I understand the attraction of a space on the floor. You get to stand right in front of the band. see them up close, hope that they see you, dancing and jumping around as we groupies love to do. However, I'm only 5'5" and I would be unable to see much of the band if anyone of average height is in front of me. I doubt that I'd get there early enough to be at the front. That's why I'm not considering the floor.

If "God" or the angels of destiny, or whatever you want to call Her, wills it, section 103 will open up and I'll buy 2 tix immediately! Section 104 or 105 are close follow ups.

Section 105 has quite a few seats available together right now if your interested. Section 104 has some individual seats if you don't mind sitting alone. I'm afraid 103 is still showing as quite sold out though.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked and the GA floor is now shown as sold out. That's a good sign that the show won't be canceled. If they could not have at least sold the floor, they might have canceled. Section 103 is still shown as unavailable so I might as well hang it up for now. I'm giving up on this concert. I'll get my my Coldplay fix for the next year at the Shoreline concert on 7/13.

I'm listening to "Low." Check out how perfect Chris' voice is: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P7Oyku1tIw&feature=related]YouTube - COLDPLAY - LOW with LYRICS[/ame]

He comes across as so "right", (or is "righteous" a better word?) he's truly beautiful.

Jonny played a major role in writing "Low."

I have a single ticket that I'm trying to sell.

Section 114, row 2, seat 7. Right next to the expensive box seats.

See seating chart link below in my sig.

Ticket cost me $124.15 with all LiveNation charges.

Willing to sell for $100 even. I'll take the hit on the extra charges.

PM me if interested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that the PIT area holds like a 1,000 people. I'm going to get there at like 2 or something to get front row. Hopefully, some of you will go early too so we can chat and such!

Oh yeah!!! My sibs and I will probably be there later than that, but still pretty early. I've never arrived at a coldplay show that early so it will be cool to have someone to talk to lol. I freaking cant wait!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Today is a "no-fee" day to buy tickets through Live Nation. Unfortunately, it's not letting me pick seats. Only the "best seat available" option is shown. Its idea of the best seat is not mine. If one buys today, Live Nation waives the $20 fee, so a $97.50 ticket costs $104 because they still charge the $6 venue fee and $.50 "charity fee."

COLDPLAY = LOVE

Is anyone here going to the concert as an Oxfam volunteer worker?

I just got confirmation that I get to go! :nice: so, just wanted to get to know anybody else here who i might be working with.

M.

I looked at serving as an Oxfam volunteer. If the job involved simply helping to set up before and to clean up after the show, or doing anything at all to help with the show, I'd do it in a second, but the description on the oxfam website is different. It describes the volunteer job as requiring one to walk around the entrance areas, trying to solicit support for Oxfam. There are also tables set up to do that.

Volunteers do get their own special area in the front to sit, which would be awesomely nice. Soliciting or prostelytizing for any group (with the possible exception of Coldplay!)doesn't match my personality. I am basically not very outgoing and would be uncomfortable walking up to stangers as described.

If Coldplay needs help in any other way, I wish they would let me know!

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

• 2 weeks later...

NOTE: as of 6/23/09, this offer is not displayed any longer on the Live Nation site.

NOTE: as of 6/23/09, this offer is not displayed any longer on the Live Nation site.

OK, here's the deal, the password for the Travelzoo special is TRAVEL (case sensitive), or click this link and it will take you directly to the buy ticket page:

http://www.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.ashx?603680

I just bought two reserved level 1 seats for $124.20!

starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Section 1?

Ok, I'm new at buying concert tickets so I need some help!

I just bought 2 tickets in Section 1, Row 10, with seat numbers. I thought these were Reserved seat tickets, but I may be wrong? Is this the Pit?

Could someone please explain? I'm taking my 12 yo who isn't very tall (and neither am I) and we're afraid we won't be able to see anything.

Thanks!

Ok, I'm new at buying concert tickets so I need some help!

I just bought 2 tickets in Section 1, Row 10, with seat numbers. I thought these were Reserved seat tickets, but I may be wrong? Is this the Pit?

Could someone please explain? I'm taking my 12 yo who isn't very tall (and neither am I) and we're afraid we won't be able to see anything.

Thanks!

Congrats for getting tickets! Sections 1-3 are the Floor or "Pit" standing area. If I were taller and youger, I'd love a place in the pit. This is the place for the true, hard-core fans, of which I truly am one. It's good for jumping up and down, arm-waving, and dancing, and you really get to see the band up close in the pit. The handsome Guy Berryman stands on that side. You might want to arrive early to get as far in the front as possible if you are not tall. If you are strong enough, and your son is light enough, you could put him on your shoulders and let him do some visible arm-waving at the band!

Even if you're short, don't worry, you will still be able to see the band fine because the stage is elevated. Hopefully, Chris will jump off the stage into the crowd and you will be there to help catch him!

starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Congrats for getting tickets! Sections 1-3 are the Floor or "Pit" standing area. If I were taller and youger, I'd love a place in the pit. This is the place for the true, hard-core fans, of which I truly am one. It's good for jumping up and down, arm-waving, and dancing, and you really get to see the band up close in the pit. The handsome Guy Berryman stands on that side. You might want to arrive early to get as far in the front as possible if you are not tall. If you are strong enough, and your son is light enough, you could put him on your shoulders and let him do some visible arm-waving at the band!

Even if you're short, don't worry, you will still be able to see the band fine because the stage is elevated. Hopefully, Chris will jump off the stage into the crowd and you will be there to help catch him!

starfish42

Coldplay = Love

:)

Thanks for your reply!

Later this afternoon, I called the Sleeptrain Amphitheatre and asked them. She said that it is indeed a reserved seat, at least for the Coldplay show. The seats are removable, depending on the show. For another show (I think Manson?), for example, they're removing the seats.

Thanks again, we're really excited about this!

p.s. I wish I'd found this website earlier--missed out on those great discounts!

:)

Thanks for your reply!

Later this afternoon, I called the Sleeptrain Amphitheatre and asked them. She said that it is indeed a reserved seat, at least for the Coldplay show. The seats are removable, depending on the show. For another show (I think Manson?), for example, they're removing the seats.

Thanks again, we're really excited about this!

p.s. I wish I'd found this website earlier--missed out on those great discounts!

It is good news that you will have a seat if you want to sit down. At my age, I'd get tired if I had to stand for the whole concert.

They re-opened selling floor seats only a couple of days ago. For a few weeks before that, they were showing the floor as completely sold out. They didn't show the floor seats or the 100s sections for sale at all until early May. So, a lot of people had to buy upper level seats at full price, not knowing these seats would open up later. A similar thing happened with the 7/13 concert at Shoreline and I bought upper level tickets and then the 100s opened up a few weeks later. It pays to wait if they are going to do this, but one has to keep checking. A forum like this is a good way to keep up on these things.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Ok so this makes me SOOOOO mad that I woke up early the day the tickets went on sale and bought tickets for $250 dollars in sect 202 and now I can get pit tickets 2 for $125.

It's completely ridiculous. What am I supposed to do with the $250 dollar tickets that are now worth $104???

Was this Coldplay or Sleep Train's idea?

Anyway I'm furious.

Excited that I get to see them so close, but furious that I wasted $250 dollars that I don't have thinking I was being proactive in getting the best possible seats at 10 am in FEBRUARY.

Ridiculous!