🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

PHOENIX

Dejan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

^^ That's awesome! I've always wanted a live recording of a concert I've been to!

As for your question above, it's hard to say. WAP is definitely my favourite of their albums to date, but who says they can't do better in the future? :awesome:

ok well the live album is available for free download here

http://www.wearephoenix.com/observer

it has live versions of 8 of the 9 tracks from WAP (all except Countdown). it was recorded live at the hordern pavilion on march 2. they've entitled it Live in Sydney.

this is the 3rd time ive been to a show that has been professionally recorded. this, pearl jam (every show is recorded) and big day out sydney (tv broadcast)

• 2 weeks later...
Well yes it was one of the more expensive shows of 2010 so far. But it was well worth it.

I always seen Phoenix as being just a great indie pop band so I expected a regular pop like performance. But the band surpassed all my expectations. The vocals were perfect, the crowd was very energetic for a cold Tuesday night in march but it was their spectacular muscianship that really surprised me. The band was not afraid to be a little self indulgent and have the odd extended jam session. Best of all the band didn't finish until 10-45 despite a scheduled end of 10-30. A very memorable concert of songs I will be singing to myself for weeks.

They had Aussie electro up n comers Miami horror in support who put on a far better performance than the one I saw at the big day out.

Wow ! I could have said the exact same thing! My concert was on a "cold Tuesday night in march" too (23-03-2010) lol ! It was sooooooooo awesome ! The setlist was perfect ! I was sooo happy they did "Consolation Prizes" and "If I ever fell better" ! What really impressed me too was the drummer :shocked2:! I wonder why he's not on the band :thinking:. He's SO good !

The live album was out the day after I saw them live ! What a great surprise !! I really love it. The only weird thing is that I'm always surprised when I hear them talking to the crowd in english! :laugh3: Of course they were talking in french in my concert !

Oh and I don't know how much you spend on it but I didn't think it was that expensive (28 €).

The live album was out the day after I saw them live ! What a great surprise !! I really love it. The only weird thing is that I'm always surprised when I hear them talking to the crowd in english! :laugh3: Of course they were talking in french in my concert !

Oh and I don't know how much you spend on it but I didn't think it was that expensive (28 €).

the girls i went with really wish they had spoken in french at my show hahaa

now if im not mistaken 28 euros is about 50 australian dollars. i paid 85 australian dollars. but there are two reasons for that. it would cost them alot of money to move all their gear from europe down to australia (23hrs on a plane) and the venue they played in was quite large by their standards (close to 6000 capacity) so the venue hire would of been very expensive. and i dont like to think too much about how much i paid to go see a band while im watching them haha, ruins the night!

ps. economist on here feel free to throw in some demand-supple theories over my explanation.

the girls i went with really wish they had spoken in french at my show hahaa

now if im not mistaken 28 euros is about 50 australian dollars. i paid 85 australian dollars. but there are two reasons for that. it would cost them alot of money to move all their gear from europe down to australia (23hrs on a plane) and the venue they played in was quite large by their standards (close to 6000 capacity) so the venue hire would of been very expensive. and i dont like to think too much about how much i paid to go see a band while im watching them haha, ruins the night!

ps. economist on here feel free to throw in some demand-supple theories over my explanation.

85 dollars is indeed expensive ! But yeah I can see why now. The venue they played in for my concert was small, something like 500 people ! This was a very good thing I think. I love small venues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...