✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PHOENIX

Dejan

Hm... is the compression really high and brickwalled on the album? The version I downloaded a month ago was almost unlistenable because of this but I'm hoping that it was just the leak and the album version is fine. Otherwise, I cant see myself listening to it too much which is a shame as I can tell there are some really good songs on here.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

mate we should start a JB appreciation thread haha!!

i went to the JB near my uni on monday and they had almost entire shelf full of them........most were gone by thursday when i went back. Triple J has flogged the crap out of this album!! and from what i've heard NovaFM have jumped on board also.

Which is all good as long as the album isn't over killed to ruin like the KOL album was. That would be horrible. And I guess your reasoning explains why there is no copies at JB!

A JB appreciation thread would be nice, although only mostly Aus and NZ fans will know about it...

Hm... is the compression really high and brickwalled on the album? The version I downloaded a month ago was almost unlistenable because of this but I'm hoping that it was just the leak and the album version is fine. Otherwise, I cant see myself listening to it too much which is a shame as I can tell there are some really good songs on here.
I noticed that too, it was actually annoying me a little bit because it actually sucks the life out of most of the songs. Same with the new Blackbud album - it just makes it sound really... plastic. As you say, hopefully the actual album sounds better, because I love a lot of songs on here.

I love the last part of Love Like A Sunset, btw :D

I was not familiar with Phoenix before, but I decided to buy the album via iTunes since it had so much hype behind it (even Pitchfork raved over it). While I'm still getting used to the feel of their material, I'm liking what I'm hearing. And I definitely second the thoughts about 'Love Like a Sunset'. :)

down here in aus. it only takes about 20 000- 30 000 sales to get to number 1. unless you release in the same week as a big band like Coldplay or U2 or AC/DC. phoenix is up against Green Day i think? but i'm sure it will hit the top 5. our current album charts are looking atrocious.

I did a little bit of research and apparently the version from the initial leak has since been remixed for the final release version. I've heard it's an improvement, so hopefully that means it wont sound distorted, overcompressed and dreadful now. If this is the case, I'm really looking forward to listening to this album. If not, well that's a real shame as there some great songwriting on here.

Hmm. I downloaded a version like 4 days ago... it may have been a cd rip. When the cd stores get their act together, I will find out if the physical copy is any different. The version I heard was quite superb in quality of sound and content. I hope it doesn't differ.

On another note, the album was given 4.5/5 in the mX today. Finally they got something right.

Well Phoenix are #2 on Australian iTunes right now, beaten only by a Ministry of Sound compilation. Since I completely tuned out of the charts completely after my ears got raped by one manufactured pop idol too many, it's a real surprise to see Phoenix chart so well. I had no idea they were so popular round these parts. Well there you go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...