✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-May-2009: Post Gazette Pavilion, Pittsburgh, PA, USA

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jelynch2: You posted the thumbs only (/s144) so I changed the links to the 800 pixels wide versions.

So here they are:

Success!! Here are some more! I'm new to this, so I apologize that they're a bit out of order... Enjoy!

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20060.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20062.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20065.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20066.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20067.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20068.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20071.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20056.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20055.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20053.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20050.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20049.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20045.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20042.JPG

coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20031.JPG

jelynch2: You posted the thumbs only (/s144) so I changed the links to the 800 pixels wide versions.

So here they are:

YOU ARE AMAZZIING!! If I knew you better, I'd tell you I love you right now! haha Thank you soo much. I was so bummed because they looked so crappy being so small. Now, they look all awesome. Thank you! :laugh3::lol:

YOU ARE AMAZZIING!! If I knew you better, I'd tell you I love you right now! haha Thank you soo much. I was so bummed because they looked so crappy being so small. Now, they look all awesome. Thank you! :laugh3::lol:

You're welcome! :kiss::kiss:

I love your pics!!

They deserved to be seen bigger and I couldn't go to sleep before I found out how to see them bigger!

And you're so lucky to have a video posted on coldplay.com from your concert, filmed nearby where you were standing! :dance:

See you around!

This was the first Coldplay concert I've been to and they didn't disappoint. I'll try to post some pics but here's my quick recap of the night...

We got to the pavilion a little after 5 (after first being turned away around 3). We parked and were the first in our line at one of the entry gates. As soon as they opened the gates, we headed to the pit and stood right in front, stage-right. We thought about standing closer to one of the short side ramps, but opted to get as close to center as possible. The pit didn't really get packed until sometime during the Pete Yorn set, I'd say. All I know is once Coldplay came on, it was packed, but still not overcrowded.

The opening acts were entertaining. I didn't know much from them, but they kept my interest and helped the time pass by waiting for Coldplay.

As far as the Coldplay concert...same set list as previous Summer 09 shows, which is fine by me. Since I've not seen them before, I didn't care about there being no changes yet. Chris seemed to be in great spirits. It took him a few tries to finally belt out that last note on "42." There is video of that on YouTube...his facial expressions are classic. He also had a little trouble starting "The Hardest Part" - but took it all in stride. As mentioned (and seen on YouTube), he stepped on Will's cord during "Death Will Never Conquer"...and the "Let's Go Pens..." chanting (again on YouTube and the blog on Coldplay's site) and interaction with Chris was fun. He did mention Guy was not feeling particularly well, but some speculate a hangover and nothing serious. He didn't miss a beat though.

Overall, it was fun bouncing yellow balloons, gazing at lazers, collecting colorful butterflies, singing along and just taking in the band. I'm sure the light show is more impressive from a distance, but being so close to the actual band was a great experience.

Did anyone manage to get a setlist from the show? We tried, but no luck. Also, did anyone notice the woman with a child in her arms dancing on the main stage in the dark during "Green Eyes"? It wasn't Gweneth. They disappeared backstage as soon as the song ended. It was kind of cool to see that.

Okay, pics to follow...

vivayellow- Ide say i was about 4 people across from you, I was more center if anything, off just a little to the left - Check out the pics i posted..

I did noticed the lady with the baby, thats was pretty cool, i know everyone around me was questioning if that was Gweneth, that wasnt her though? I couldnt tell it was too dark.... The setlist didnt change at all, its the same as any of the other shows which can be viewed on this thread and several others..Amazing night, wish i could meet more people with pictures near me and maybe some videos. I know a girl right beside me had a blackberry and was taking pictures with it.

^wow amazing! what type of camera do you use?

Just an older Sony Cybershot. Obviously, I had an awesome spot...never been so close before. The keys I find to getting good pictures are not using the flash, limiting using zoom and taking many, many pictures. Probably only a third of my pictures came out well. I had tons of blurry ones, too. Chris moves way too fast! :)

So I guess that was Chloe and Violet dancing during "Green Eyes"? I can't really tell by my picture, but that's what most people think.

Just an older Sony Cybershot. Obviously, I had an awesome spot...never been so close before. The keys I find to getting good pictures are not using the flash, limiting using zoom and taking many, many pictures. Probably only a third of my pictures came out well. I had tons of blurry ones, too. Chris moves way too fast! :)

So I guess that was Chloe and Violet dancing during "Green Eyes"? I can't really tell by my picture, but that's what most people think.

Great I have a Sony Cybershot too ! Remains to have the awesome spot ;) That's amazing to have such pictures when you know how Chris moves on stage !

I wish i could rewind back to this day...I know ill never have seats,( to any concert for that matter) as good as them ever again :cry:

I still need to figure out how to edit the 2 videos i took, (see my previous post)...I hate tilting my head to the side during chris's paino solo's.. Wish i would have just recorded the enitire concert 1 way...Why did i have to try to get the long view's:veryangry2:

IMG_0126.jpg