✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

02-Jun-2009: DTE Energy Music Theatre, Detroit, MI, USA

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well slap me silly! I didn't have tickets for this gig but it's my birthday this week and my good ol' Dad surprised me some lawn tickets! yeeee hawww!

I've never seen the band from so far away buuuuut, it's going to be great. I'm just purely excited I don't have to say I missed them on this leg of the tour. Does Chris still run out into the audience for some fun? I'll be there to catch his sneaky little butt. :laugh3:

Oy, but it does look we are going to have rather crappy weather. Rain ponchos and Coldplay what a combo. :P

Yes! Chris and the band will be running in to the lawn actually!! It'll be on the far left side, so you coldplayers that'll be on the lawn...make sure you're over their first. there'll be a small stage set up and they'll play like 3 songs and you can be right next to them! good luck!

and also...I have a quick question for those going to this show...would anyone be interested in getting me a bunch of the leftrightleftright albums that are being given away at the end of the show? a bunch of friends and myself really would like the album, and I've got some friends outside of the US that would really really like a copy. I know you can download it, but we all want hard copies. If anyone wants to help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated and I would pay for the shipping of the cds to me and if anyone can get me a box of cds I'll pay $50 plus the cost of shipping (like on paypal or ebay or something). my friends and I really really really want a cd, (as do a bunch of my friends' friends that live in other countries). I would be very very greatful. Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks guys! Have a great time at the show!!!

I would think they'd only give out one per person, but I'm not sure. Have you heard of other venues giving away multiple copies to people?

I'm super excited for the show, although a little annoyed because my sister is bailing out because she's sick. Still totally psyched to go though! And yes, I'm so glad our seats are well under the pavillion with this rain!!

they typically just give out one per person, yeah :(

I got one copy at the camden, nj but I can't find it anywhere. and a friend of mine that went with me actually grabbed a whole box. but he stupidly left it on the top of the car and i guess it fell off somewhere when driving. i'm hoping maybe someone can get one and i'd be willing to pay a little for it.

Just a regular little digi camera? I was planning on sneaking mine in because I was too nervous to the last time. But that's awesome if I don't have to be sneaky about it. I'm so excited too...I keep getting butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. I really need to grow up! ;)

they typically just give out one per person, yeah :(

I got one copy at the camden, nj but I can't find it anywhere. and a friend of mine that went with me actually grabbed a whole box. but he stupidly left it on the top of the car and i guess it fell off somewhere when driving. i'm hoping maybe someone can get one and i'd be willing to pay a little for it.

Wow, your friend is uncool, but coldplaykarma can be a bitch too...

Yes! Chris and the band will be running in to the lawn actually!! It'll be on the far left side, so you coldplayers that'll be on the lawn...make sure you're over their first. there'll be a small stage set up and they'll play like 3 songs and you can be right next to them! good luck!

You don't say!? Well thanks for the tip. :cool:

Oh the Michigan/Detroit topics never really take off. Coldplayers are few and far between in these parts. haha. But there are some veterans still around here. I'm finally getting to the point where I dont hyperventilate before the gig. I mean the first time I heard/saw CP live, I nearly fell over in the parking lot from hearing the soundcheck. Anyways, now I"m more suited for enjoying the show and can't wait to see watch them in the rain. It's been my dream since watching the Live 2003 DVD.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. I even was listening to Life In Technicolor today as I ran. Um I finished my route about 20 mins faster than normal. :P

I'm really excited, since it'll be my first coldplay show. I can't wait to hear politik and all of the old favorites that i havent had the chance to hear live yet. And hopefully i can get a copy of LRLRL without getting trampled =D

YAy the thread is alive I'm so excited too this is my first coldplay concert and I've loved them since I was 10

where is everyone's seat's ?

I'm somewhere in the center of the pavilion but kind of far back if i remember.

:dance::dance::dance::singer::guitarist::drummer::guitarist::clap::clap::clap:

:flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby:

:wacko::thinking::nice::surprised::drunk:

have a great show detroit !:D