✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who sings the 3rd verse in The Goldrush?

Prospekt.

Honestly I've never really thought about it before, but I just listened to it again and I agree, I do think it's Guy! :P Something about the way "prospektor had been told" is pronounced... Does it not sound like his Scottish/British accent? :laugh3:

AWWNNNNN his accent!! :wacky::smug:

It´s sooooo cute!! s2

And yeah, I heard it 17816376736 times and I really thinks it´s him!

I submited this question to the oracle, maybe he´ll aswer! *fingers crossed*

Oh wise Oracle who knows everything...

I´d like to know who sings the third part of 'The Goldrush'? Is it Guy? I think I can hear his accent mostly in the "prospektor had been told" verse...

• 1 month later...

I've asked the Oracle this twice, and by the looks of it so have many others out there. Why won't he just answer the question????? It's a good, valid question!

But agreed, after listening to it, I believe it's Guy. Awesome to hear him sing a solo, never really had before. Johnny had his part in Don't Panic, Will had DWNQ, and now it's good ole Guy's turn!:smug:

I've never realized someone else might be singing the third verse. I've listened to it a few more times to figure it out, but it's hard for me to hear the person singing that part.

By the way, I always thought Eno was the one singing really really low. I didn't think Jonny or Guy could go that low. :P

edit - as soon as I posted this, The Goldrush started playing on my iTunes xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

So, did you ever find out who sings the 3rd verse?

I personally had a hard time figure it out myself. I tried comparing 3rd verse in The Goldrush to Apparatjik's Electric eye, but there's so many effects going on in both songs that i gave up.. :S

• 1 year later...

Personally, the voice sounds a little old to be Guy's. But on the other hand, like everyone has said, we really haven't had a clear shot at hearing Guy sing. Maybe there is some possibility it's Simon Pegg or Ricky Gervais? I know Simon Pegg has sung on 1'36".

I've never realized someone else might be singing the third verse. I've listened to it a few more times to figure it out, but it's hard for me to hear the person singing that part.

By the way, I always thought Eno was the one singing really really low. I didn't think Jonny or Guy could go that low. :P

edit - as soon as I posted this, The Goldrush started playing on my iTunes xD

I remember watching a live video of them play either Politik or AROBTTH and Johnny pulled out his low tones. I'll try to find it and post it.