✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who sings the 3rd verse in The Goldrush?

Prospekt.

No no, it can't be Jonny. He can't sing that well. :P

Plus it's not his voice if you listen to Don't Panic.

idk idk.

:angry: Who you calling a bad singer???

:lol: j/k :P

Jonny's probably too shy to do a solo, you can tell during concerts he doesn't like singing in public (I'm A Believer). I don't know how Chris cajoled him in doing Don't Panic though :thinking:

:angry: Who you calling a bad singer???

:lol: j/k :P

Jonny's probably too shy to do a solo, you can tell during concerts he doesn't like singing in public (I'm A Believer). I don't know how Chris cajoled him in doing Don't Panic though :thinking:

Not saying he's bad, J sound lovely in Don't Panic. I just don't think he could like hold a note like in the Goldrush.

And that's what I was thinking. Cause Chris wouldn't bug him as much as he does about being chicken to sing if he had done a solo on The Goldrush. Maybe Chris forgot about J's part in Don't Panic. :P

It's funny how he was the first one to sing otehr than Chris, and now he's the last.

Well I thought it was Guy cause it really sounds like his accent but someone here once said it was Eno.I'm not entirely convinced cause that voice sounds more like Guy to me, especially the way he says "mountain".But well.

Totally agree!!!

But Eno did some back up vocals on Viva album so it could be him....The Oracle should answer us!

It's Guy hands down in the third verse :nice:. You can almost pick up on his accent when he says "cold". Johnny tends to sing really low and you do hear him in the chorus although in Don't Panic he sings the second verse, when Chris sings an octave higher :)

It's Guy hands down in the third verse :nice:. Johnny tends to sing really low and you do hear him in the chorus although in Don't Panic he sings the second verse, when Chris sings an octave higher :)

Ohh okay thank you! :)

He sounds lovely in it!

I hope it's Guy in The Goldrush. That would be amazing

I think it's Jonny...and I think Guy is the deep voice in the chorus and at the end. And I know, cos Guy's voice does special things to my womanly organs during Chinese Sleep Chant ;)

But I think it's safe to say they all do an awful lot of singing in that song. Love it. I hope they do more multi-part singing like that in the future :thumbsup:

Btw, it's definately Jonny's laugh at 1.15 :lol:

I think it's Jonny...and I think Guy is the deep voice in the chorus and at the end. And I know, cos Guy's voice does special things to my womanly organs during Chinese Sleep Chant ;)

But I think it's safe to say they all do an awful lot of singing in that song. Love it. I hope they do more multi-part singing like that in the future :thumbsup:

Btw, it's definately Jonny's laugh at 1.15 :lol:

that makes sense. guy's voice can get pretty deep too like you said in sleep chant

to be honest, i've never thought about it that much until this and have always assumed it was chris. it doesn't really sound like guy to me though. and now i'm freaking out a bit :uhoh:

edit.. i can hear it a bit when he said "marchin'" i guess... :shrug:

It's either one of 3 people: Guy, Brian Eno, or Will again.

I know it's definitely not Jonny because you can hear his voice during the chorus (the very deep sounding one) and we have heard Jonny sing before on other songs and the third verse doesn't match his voice.

It's not Chris either, it doesn't sound like his voice at all, Chris' voice is quite nasally and pretty easy to distinguish from the other guys.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Guy may be using a vocoder effect when he sings "Chinese Sleep Chant", or he is just singing in his lower register because Guy's natural singing voice is not really very deep as we've heard on "I'm a Believer" and "Lover's in Japan" at the live shows.

I've never really heard Brian Eno sing so I can't really say if it sounds similar to him but I do remember reading that Brian had sung with them on a few tracks so it could be this one.

As for it possibly being Will, it sounds similar in pitch to his voice, the only question is the slight accent I hear on some of the words like "prospektor had been told". Which makes me think it's either Brian or Guy.

And as for Phil, the guys (or maybe it was Debs?) have mentioned before that he has no involvement with the musical part of things, he doesn't play an instrument/sing so sadly it can't be him, though that would have been quite epic having all 5 official members in one song.

haha :lol: that was a pretty in-depth dissection of who I think is singing and in the end I still don't have an answer :bigcry:. I really think the Oracle needs to answer this one :whip:

I like Jonny's singing!:wacky:

You should!!! :wacky: :P

It's either one of 3 people: Guy, Brian Eno, or Will again.

haha :lol: that was a pretty in-depth dissection of who I think is singing and in the end I still don't have an answer :bigcry:. I really think the Oracle needs to answer this one :whip:

I agree with you except for Will. Will has that really sweet sound in his voice. And moreover the singer of the 3rd verse doesn't sound like Will in the 1st verse.

Otherwise, Jonny has a rather deep singing voice (see 'Politik' live especially).

Eno or Guy? ORACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need you :bigcry: