✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

|~|The OFFICIAL Coldplay FanFic Thread 2: DISCUSSION|~|

iPsy

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to go with the official verdict, then. Awesome. And Chris's being a Hufflepuff proves with great finality that we are more than just duffers. Although I wonder how would they become good friends. Maybe N.E.W.T. level Muggle Studies. Because they'd totally be wizards who are all like "These Muggles have really neat instruments. Let's start a band!" So I guess if I want them to meet in Muggle Studies they're all at least Half-bloods. Or maybe three of them are in Muggle studies together and the fourth guy befriends one of them some other way. I'll definitely have to mull this idea over in my head tonight, before I do anything.

I'll have to go with the official verdict, then. Awesome. And Chris's being a Hufflepuff proves with great finality that we are more than just duffers. Although I wonder how would they become good friends. Maybe N.E.W.T. level Muggle Studies. Because they'd totally be wizards who are all like "These Muggles have really neat instruments. Let's start a band!" So I guess if I want them to meet in Muggle Studies they're all at least Half-bloods. Or maybe three of them are in Muggle studies together and the fourth guy befriends one of them some other way. I'll definitely have to mull this idea over in my head tonight, before I do anything.

they don't even all have to be friends. Chris and Guy could have a whole Harry-Draco sort of thing going on. and they could duel. :awesome:

You're right. Which two would be most likely to be bitter rivals? And I have an issue. If I want to keep their actual ages it looks like Chris would be in a different year from the other guys. Do we just want to change that. And if we keep their real ages the guys (Chris excluded) would be in the same year as Cedric Diggory, Alicia Spinnet, Angelina Johnson and, of course, the Weasley twins. This means I can have canon characters appear in my story. Even Harry, if I felt like it. Perhaps they could be members of the D.A. (or the Inquisitorial Squad, in the case of Guy--although I hope he would be a sensible Slytherin and not get involved).

And one more thing. I never noticed this before because I don't really pay attention to their birthdays but OH MY GOD! WILL HAS THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS JKR AND HARRY AND JOEY RICHTER (Ron in A Very Potter Musical). Totally Jealous.

shit shit shit! SO much has occurred in the short time I have been gone and then I was such a slacker for a while! Shame on me! So here's the deal: I have just gotten back from Mexico, I was lazy the week prior and have not reviewed at all and now there is so much more to do! Also, I have a couple of crazy days coming up so I will get around to reviewing in due time, I just didn't want yall to think I had left the planet! One more thing.. I MISSED YALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Burning on the beach wasn't the same without yall! Mkay Just wanted yall to know that! I'll be around! Don't worry! Be happy!

Lost or incomplete: I am reading Guy as slow,unmotivated, and bored, Will is hilarious, and Chris??? Well I am afraid he is gonna be caught with his pants down sooner or later, and Liz will be looking in the direction of the unmotivated one:D Good story, Brooke...

Brand New Start: I am still not sure what Guy wants, but this story is good so far, and can't wait to see what happens!!!

Brooke is a loser who gets up earlier than me :shifty:

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the ever amazing, wonderful, and lovely Dianna. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I would not be a writer if it were not for her. LOVE YOU DIANNA:heart:

I'll feel awkward and a tad rude just ignoring the occasion sooooo HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Even though we just met. I'll try and review your fic more, but I do have Calculus to do and I have to mow the lawn so it might not happen.

And guys. A question. How do you characterize the guys in Coldplay? Are there certain traits that you just mentally assign them or think they have? What do they act like in interviews and such (I don't really watch/read them much--I barely do it for Harry Potter and that's my biggest fandom)? Or are there certain characteristics that everyone seems to give to say Will. For example, in SPN RPF we often see that Sadie and Harley, Jared Padalecki's dogs, basically rule the Padalecki household. Are there things like this? What do you guys do with characterization? How can I write a fic about these men (even one that's completely AU) if I don't know how they act? It'd be like me writing a fic about Wicked after having only heard the cast recording, rather than having seen the musical or read the book. Worse, because the cast recording still shows some of the plot and character. So I have this huge hump and doen't know how to get over it.

Well, here are the stereotypes! Or whatever.

Guy: Quiet, snarky, lonely, angsty, dark, etc.

Chris: Excitable, happy, manic depressive, childlike

Will: "The Rock", no nonsense, the glue that holds everyone together

Jonny: "The Teddy Bear", protective, loving, friendly, etc.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNA. :heart:

i will add to kyra's list of stereotypes and say that Guy is the drunk womanizer, Chris is the five-year-old trapped in a thirty-three-year-old's body, Will is the angry one who is intimidating and sometimes violent, and Jonny... well, yeah. Jonny is just nice and lovely. :wacky:

of course, these are just stereotypes... though Jonny is actually nice and lovely. :P

also, even if you had watched interviews of them before, i would highly recommend watching the South Bank Show special on Coldplay. it's really fantastic and you could probably learn quite a lot about their personalities from watching it (definitely Chris's- one of the parts that gets me the most is when he says they're "always shit on TV").

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PZardXOYIQ]YouTube- The South Bank Show - Coldplay (Part 1 of 5)[/ame]

I agree. Rather epic, in fact.

P.S. I've totally started writing my Harry Potter/Coldplay crossover. BE SCARED! BE VERY SCARED! It could turn out really bad, but what I have is pretty good. Not my best, but I like it.