✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TORONTO PIT CREW 2011

Ziggy

I had no sooner joined this forum than the 2009 North American Tour dates were announced, so my "home" here has been the Rogers Ctr. concert thread, though of course I visit others.

I know there are some of us from that thread who would:

1) Like to stay in touch; and

2) Like to plan something special for Coldplay's next Toronto gig in 2011. I'm assuming (very tenatively) that that's when they'll be back.

So that's what this thread is for. Everyone is welcome.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant

Chose that date becasue at the end of the July 30th concert, Chris said "See you in a couple of years". Now I know that we need to take Chris's off-the-cuff statements with a grain of salt, but we can hope, can't we??

The Plan as of Now

I think we want to plan and execute a memorable response for the band from Toronto Coldplayers (as a group) - one that respects the show, isn't disruptive of their performance, and doesn't encroach on other fans' enjoyment, but one that they (Chris, Will, Jonny and Guy) won't forget.

We can check out other concerts' threads to see what's been done. Then brainstorm - meaning any and every idea gets put on the table without judgement (yet). When the next Toronto date is announced, we decide how we'll proceed.

For the July 30th concert, we wanted to do something as a group, but we lacked planning and a focus imo. The purple girls had a great theme! And the flags were fun, but I think we can pull off a classy surprise that has yet to be suggested, that will stand out for our favourite band. Think of it as a gift for them.

Make any sense? Who's in?

as i PM'ed to you i thought maybe we could bring Glow in the dark paint to the GA line and everyone can paint their whole faces with it and stuff, so we'd all be glowing. It's a stupid idea, but an idea at least. :)

oh and I really really really want us to get on roadie 42's blog next time!

Personally, I think The Purple Girls should have made R42's blog THIS time!

:gossip:

Agreed!:(

But we had one opportunity to get on the blog that we missed, because he was aiming his camera right in our area, but none of us thought to hold up our "Have A Spektakular Birthday Mr. Champion" poster at that moment.:angry:

But hmmm....this is a weak idea but possibly we could all decorate our left hands with the free trade symbol and the tape that Chris does and hold up our hands that the same moment? I don't knwo how noticeable that would really be though:(.....

yeah it worked for us! hahah He pointed to his hand while motioning towards me about our hands but the other two girls weren't looking! OOOh better yet we could do the glow in the dark paint for our equal signs on our hands in addition to the face!

In addition to the glow in the dark paint, why dont we make up a mini song or chant and do it inbetween one of the songs.. and to get other people to join in well make little cue cards and hand them out and when to do the chant/song?

:smart:

In addition to the glow in the dark paint, why dont we make up a mini song or chant and do it inbetween one of the songs.. and to get other people to join in well make little cue cards and hand them out and when to do the chant/song?

That's such a good idea! yeah we could just print out the "lyrics" and hand them out in line too.

The only problem is we'd have to wait for the next album to hear the songs, or we could just do it to an old song maybe...

That's such a good idea! yeah we could just print out the "lyrics" and hand them out in line too.

The only problem is we'd have to wait for the next album to hear the songs, or we could just do it to an old song maybe...

OR we could start it when their bowing at the end of the show and make it a thank you sorta song/chant. Just to thanks the guys for the awesome show!

How about a cover song (during the encore) that they have done in the past and one would assume that because they've done it before they'd love to hear us do it? Good idea?

But yes ... we the pit crew HAVE to unify in doing something spectacular to totally surprise the band.

Jason

PS: Since the original Rogers TO thread now seems to be dying out ... does anybody out there have an audio recording of the show. Would love to relive it. Sorry this is a multi-post.

Please PM me if you can help.

Jason

Now how in the name hell do I change "My Mood" emoticon? Sorry guys just a little lost. I am no longer post Coldplay depressed but anticipatory of any future shows.

Edit .... got it sorted thanks

yeah it worked for us! hahah He pointed to his hand while motioning towards me about our hands but the other two girls weren't looking! OOOh better yet we could do the glow in the dark paint for our equal signs on our hands in addition to the face!

I like the idea with the glow in the dark paint for the hand, but I don't know about the face.

In addition to the glow in the dark paint, why dont we make up a mini song or chant and do it in between one of the songs.. and to get other people to join in well make little cue cards and hand them out and when to do the chant/song?

I love it!!!! We'd just have to decide on a classic Coldplay song that everyone will be familiar with and that we can sort of change the words around to, you know? In a way that will emphasize our Coldplay love. Or we could just come up with a random chant I suppose, but we should also probably do some sort of physical gesture, like raising up our fists(like how Chris does when he wants the crowd to sing along)so that roadie 42 will definitely want to photograph us for his blog.

OR we could start it when their bowing at the end of the show and make it a thank you sorta song/chant. Just to thanks the guys for the awesome show!

I think if we want to get on the blog(do we?)then it would be better to do a chant before Coldlay comes on, because I know that that's when roadie 42 takes most of his photos.

I had no sooner joined this forum than the 2009 North American Tour dates were announced, so my "home" here has been the Rogers Ctr. concert thread, though of course I visit others.

I know there are some of us from that thread who would:

1) Like to stay in touch; and

2) Like to plan something special for Coldplay's next Toronto gig in 2011. I'm assuming (very tenatively) that that's when they'll be back.

So that's what this thread is for. Everyone is welcome.

Ha HA ... I found you.... great idea Ziggy.. love all the brainstorming and ideas so far...

Ziggy have you ever thought of going into politics lol...

have a great week everyone..

keep 'em coming!

Ha HA ... I found you.... great idea Ziggy.. love all the brainstorming and ideas so far...

Ziggy have you ever thought of going into politics lol...

If I ever had that thought, I'd see a doctor quick!

Thanks for the great ideas so far, people. Keep'em coming!

As I said above, we're just brainstorming for now - throwing any and all ideas on the table.

What's pretty clear is that we can't get too specifc about plans as we have no idea what the boys will be doing next or when. The next albumn's theme may determine our plans and hopefully generate some new ideas related to it, but who knows when that will materialize? We're in for a long haul here. Hang in and post your ideas here as they come to you.