August 20, 200917 yr You know what would also be interesting? If Matt Bellamy joined Coldplay. Doesn't mean it's a good idea though. that is interesting, really contrasting genres, in some regards. Hopkins should!
August 20, 200917 yr i totally agree. although i am not to worried as coldplay do a great album release most of the time
August 23, 200917 yr You know what would also be interesting? If Thom Yorke joined Coldplay. LUL WUT? YEZ PLZ-
August 23, 200917 yr LULZ WUT Anyway, I am also one demanding MOAR HOPKINS. Insides = great album, v nice.
August 23, 200917 yr Okay, Eno produced Coldplay's most popular album to date. They love him. We should too. I love Jon Hopkins too, don't get me wrong... I just don't think we should write off Eno just like that. Co-producer is the name of the game.
August 23, 200917 yr If they want to constantly keep changing their sound each album, they'll boot Eno for the next one, IMO.
August 23, 200917 yr I think after X&Y Coldplay needed to be pushed and needed new people in their 'group' (Brian Eno, Davide Rossi, Jon Hopkins) to make a new sound. But I agree Insides is an immense album and I'd love to see Jon Hopkins do more Coldplay stuff with Eno.
August 23, 200917 yr Well no doubt they needed a push after X&Y, I think everyone would agree on that.
August 23, 200917 yr Well no doubt they needed a push after X&Y, I think everyone would agree on that. why do you hate X&Y? the didn't necessarily need a push, just the songs were I guess, a little similar, the wanted to completely re-invent their sound, which they did. it's not a bad record, listen to it completely with no criticizing, you'll like it
August 23, 200917 yr why do you hate X&Y? the didn't necessarily need a push, just the songs were I guess, a little similar, the wanted to completely re-invent their sound, which they did. it's not a bad record, listen to it completely with no criticizing, you'll like it I don't dislike X&Y at all but, in my opinion, any more of that style and it would get boring - I think they needed outside intervention.
August 23, 200917 yr Well I agree, who wants to hear the same thing over and over on the same record? if you do, listen to Nickelback.
August 23, 200917 yr why do you hate X&Y? the didn't necessarily need a push, just the songs were I guess, a little similar, the wanted to completely re-invent their sound, which they did. it's not a bad record, listen to it completely with no criticizing, you'll like it I don't hate it, it's just that if there was an X&Y 2.0 for LP4 I think everyone would have been ill. It's an okay album, but too many songs.
August 23, 200917 yr I don't understand how you can say there at too many songs. we complain we didn't get enough off of viva. twelve with a bonus was a good amount, if it was 14 or something then that'd be too much
August 23, 200917 yr Eno is a genius who changed coldplays attitude to music and to life, he made them for confident in themselves, he managed to get the music out of them which appeared in viva la vida. The mans a hero
August 24, 200917 yr I don't understand how you can say there at too many songs. we complain we didn't get enough off of viva. twelve with a bonus was a good amount, if it was 14 or something then that'd be too much 13 songs at a total of over an hour is a bit long for my liking. Do we complain about not getting enough on Viva? I don't see one complaint screaming "MOAR" here.
August 24, 200917 yr haha, well we all wish we had more! :P and well they were long, but i feel each song did something different for me!
August 21, 201115 yr I don't want to say that "thanks to Eno Coldplay has won many awards and prizes", even though I know Chris Martin would jokingly assume that... but instead I'll add that if you count that it was Brian Eno who sent a letter to the boys telling them to return to the studio after releasing Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends because he had noticed something special on Jonny Boy that had to be developed, and if you count all the huge musical improvements of Jonny on all these festivals, with whole new sounds, songs, fixes, it's all enough to say Eno is very much needed on Coldplay, as well as Hopkins.
August 21, 201115 yr X&Y's the dullest album in my opinion. They sound too comfortable for me. Viva's fantastic, and as for the whole Eno influence, he didn't write the songs, Chris did. Eno was an influence, you can't blame him for that. It shows that they only perform one track from X&Y these days imo.
August 22, 201115 yr [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWBb0V_EUBU]Insides - Jon Hopkins - YouTube[/ame]
August 22, 201115 yr I want "Sex and Violence" to make Mylo Xyloto since Hopkins co wrote it with Martin. It was registered in the ASCAP/BMI music database so I does have copyright I'm assuming. We'll just have to wait and see until they release a proper track listing. :wink3:
August 22, 201115 yr I want "Sex and Violence" to make Mylo Xyloto since Hopkins co wrote it with Martin. It was registered in the ASCAP/BMI music database so I does have copyright I'm assuming. We'll just have to wait and see until they release a proper track listing. :wink3: I just hope it samples the song I posted earlier
Create an account or sign in to comment