🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

Excuse me for being thick, why does he sign off as 'GD'..?

It means General Dread, is his Rasta name. For the blog, he used a rasta generator name, like a code for not using the real names. For example Liam is Romeo Dread, Sara (his wife) is Irie Nancy and Gem is Cool Prophet.

Excuse me for being thick, why does he sign off as 'GD'..?

I was wondering about that myself.

It means General Dread, is his Rasta name. For the blog, he used a rasta generator name, like a code for not using the real names. For example Liam is Romeo Dread, Sara (his wife) is Irie Nancy and Gem is Cool Prophet.

...And there's our answer. Thanks for clearing that up. :nice:

Anyway. The more I listen to "The Death of You and Me," the more tempted I become to record a cover.

Melwen: Are you the Melwen from Noel´s forum? sorry for my english :(

Yes, I am! ;) I'm the one that never got any of the singles. :cry:

Anyway. The more I listen to "The Death of You and Me," the more tempted I become to record a cover.

Yes, please, you have to do it! It would be awesome! I always see guitar acoustic versions of this song. I would love to see it with a horn.

He's voice is kinda bad in the BBC gig...Guess he is not used to sing so much.

I think it was because of that party where he spent 7000 pounds of booze. :rolleyes: Obviously, not only for him but still... People said that saturday, in the acoustic concert in Toronto, his voice was wonderful.

New Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere:

Yes comrades.

Y'know, life can be a wonderful thing... Full of ups and downs. Twists and turns. Ins and outs and roundabouts. For long periods life can be mundane (not mine… mine's fuckin' mental!!!). And the further you get along the road of life, the more you've experienced, the less there is to experience… or so I thought!!

I have been woken with the news that for the 2nd week running I sit proudly at the top of GRAZIA magazine's column of lust!!!! Number fuckin' one, baby!!!!!!

Seriously Coldplay, you might be selling records by the skip-load and think that you're operating in some kind of musical CD-selling "Para, para, paradise", but the girls back home have spoken, and they're speaking the language of lust.

My blimmin' albums don't even stay at #1 for 2 weeks!!!

My missus is so proud, as will my mam be.

I dunno… free driving lessons? GRAZIA magazine? Where will it end?

Loose Women? Strictly Come Dancing, probably. The sky's the limit!!!!!

In other news… The gig last night at the legendary Massey Hall was great. Most enjoyable. Even had a good laugh with the audience. Looking forward to tonight.

It's raining, by the way.

In a bit.

GD.

GOD IS COMING TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got my ticket already to the festival, hope he plays a sideshow in melbourne too..

Wow that's great ! :D

I'm very happy for you ! :awesome: :dance: :nice:

WOW! :nice: Well done. What was he like? What did you say to him? Details, girl, details! :D

I didn't really speak to him :P

We were with 20 other people , so basically just got his autograph (twice :awesome: )

Speaking to him is for when he comes to Belgium :D :p

Got a vid of it ( my friend filmed and I got our albums signed )

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarShad0w?feature=mhee#p/u/4/yRBq-CM78Es

New Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere:

Yes comrades.

That gig last night was a bit odd, eh? It was good like, just not as good as the night before. Not got to the bottom of why, it just didn't seem to fly for me. Never mind… can't be great every night, can you?

I'll say adios, or even au revoir to you Canadian people. Thanks for coming out, etc., and we'll see yiz soon.

I noticed summat strange on the menu this morning as I was ordering breakfast. You know sometimes they have specific kinds of pretentious breakfasts on the menus? i.e. "Power Breakfast" (for people who need more power, presumably?), "The Healthy Breakfast" (for people who don't do breakfast), etc…

Well, there was one on the menu which really, in hindsight, I should of had just to see if there would've been any obvious benefits from it. It was called - and I'm not even remotely taking the piss here… - "THE FAST AND FURIOUS BREAKFAST" (for men that do the Haka).

Ok… the bit about the Haka is made up. It basically consisted of coffee... that's it! Anyway, I didn't try it, me being mid-paced and content and all that.

We flew into the United States of America this afternoon, which gave me the opportunity to resume the never-ending battle of wits with the border police.

Rozzer: "What is the purpose of your visit, sir?"

Me: "I'm here to love your country and its people until they love me back equally… sir."

Rozzer: "You're free to go."

Me: "Thanks very much."

We're in NYC. The greatest city in all of the world. Not playing here until next weekend though, just a flying visit.

Two days of relentless promo. I've actually just looked at the schedule and it's ludicrous. 12 bastard hours of it!!!!! What more do you people need to know?

There's actually a thing called "VH1 LIVE BREAKFAST" at 7am, or summat!!! It wouldn't surprise me in the fuckin' least if I'm woken up by a film crew and some shiny happy presenter who's come to interview me while I'm in my full Man City kit eating my granola… I'd best check that's not actually gonna happen.

Playing on that David Letterman show tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I'll pass on your bests, eh?

IN A BIT.

GD.

And a new soundcheck from Noel in Canada. I'm going to put it in spoiler for people that don't want to know.

Quality isn't good but he sang Let The Lord Shine A Light On Me, a cover of Don't Think Twice Is Alright and a new song! He doesn't learn!:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eoDAdQfXLI]ltlsalom - clip 3 best.MPG - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk585GuKJ3s]dont think twice its alright.MPG - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUNBti3VSMc]new song.MPG - YouTube[/ame]

We heard Let The Lord Shine A Light On Me three or four times during soundcheck in London , you could hear it perfectly :wacky:

arh , Noel , he's such a genius! :wacky:

21 days 'till I see him again :bomb:

You're seeing him again?? you're so lucky!! :wacky: