✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 'riddle' solved? - The inspiration for 42

Tonsu

Is imho Harry Potter, the last one (Deathly Hallows).

It's all in the last few chapters :)

Just finished reading the book again the other day, and I was surprised I hadn't spotted it the first time.

To be fair, Chris and the boys' song is a much better treatment of the very same situation (and better to dance to, that's for sure :laugh3:) but at least now I understand exactly what inspired the lyrics.

And it's very romantic (in a slightly gothic sense) dontcha think?

And, how poetic! One cannot exist while the other one lives (or whatever it was exactly).

Um, this book is clearly the inspiration for the lyrics of the song.

Don't have a good word to say? Don't post.

Thank you.

<edit> I absolutely believe the song is, personally, inspired by the book(s), but I shouldn't have presented it as fact. My bad.

This is an internet forum, not Church. I can say what I want. If it comes across as rude to you then you can just ignore it.

Yes, and this is a thread about how the lyrics from 42 came from the last few chapters of Harry Potter. Read the book. It's all in there, sometimes almost word for word.

This is not a thread for teenage boys to try to boost their self-worth by being rude, obnoxious and 'badass'.

Now move along little child.

Yes, and this is a thread about how the lyrics from 42 came from the last few chapters of Harry Potter. Read the book. It's all in there, sometimes almost word for word.

This is not a thread for teenage boys to try to boost their self-worth by being rude, obnoxious and 'badass'.

Now move along little child.

Lmao ok you're the one reading Harry Potter and comparing it to Coldplay lyrics.

Yawn...it's in the book. I read literature for all ages and obviously Chris does too (my dream is to write novels for kids).

I post a serious thread about something I found that I haven't seen commented on here. You tell me to 'shut the fuck up'.

Now who's the loser? The guy who posts something that may be interesting to some who care, that some may like to discuss in a mature manner, or the kid who acts like a wanker online just for the sake of it (but presumably because he hasn't grown the balls to do so in real life?)

Yawn...it's in the book. I read literature for all ages and obviously Chris does too (my dream is to write novels for kids).

I post a serious thread about something I found that I haven't seen commented on here. You tell me to 'shut the fuck up'.

Now who's the loser? The guy who posts something that may be interesting to some who care, that some may like to discuss in a mature manner, or the kid who acts like a wanker online just for the sake of it (but presumably because he hasn't grown the balls to do so in real life?)

Heh you're the one getting all defensive, calling people names and attempting to insult someone's sexual maturity. I just told you to shut up, because you made yourself sound like a complete idiot.

Heh you're the one getting all defensive, calling people names and attempting to insult someone's sexual maturity. I just told you to shut up, because you made yourself sound like a complete idiot.

Oh dear.

Can't accept that Chris gets inspiration from books written both for adults and teens (which you are, right?) Harry Potter 7 is not a kids book. Are you not interested in Coldplay's lyrics? Then why are you here?

So, you come on here and just say 'fuck off'??? And for sure there's a problem with your sexual maturity, your moral compass, your-whatever-else-you-got (or haven't) if you're just going to behave like that.

Same goes for Nathan.

Attention seekers, just like Mark. I guess there may be more to it, but I don't care to find out. I'll just ask Ian to delete this thread. I found most of the lyrics and themes for 42 in the last three or four chapters of Harry Potter 7 and thought people would be interested, but I don't care just to have abuse thrown around because some people have inadequasies.

Oh dear.

Can't accept that Chris gets inspiration from books written both for adults and teens (which you are, right?) Harry Potter 7 is not a kids book. Are you not interested in Coldplay's lyrics? Then why are you here?

So, you come on here and just say 'fuck off'??? And for sure there's a problem with your sexual maturity, your moral compass, your-whatever-else-you-got (or haven't) if you're just going to behave like that.

While I don't condone people just going around telling people to "F*ck off" like that, your being condescending and patronising was totally unnecessary too.;)

Attention seekers, just like Mark.

One could easily argue this thread was a way of "attention-seeking" in itself.

:dozey:

I guess there may be more to it, but I don't care to find out.

Now who sounds like they're being paranoid??:rolleyes:

I'll just ask Ian to delete this thread.

Good idea.

inadequasies.

Sp.;)

While I don't condone people just going around telling people to "F*ck off" like that, your being condescending and patronising was totally unnecessary too.;)

One could easily argue this thread was a way of "attention-seeking" in itself.

:dozey:

Now who sounds like they're being paranoid??:rolleyes:

Good idea.

Sp.;)

Just quoted because Mark usually changes his posts afterwards.

Off to bed now, I'll be asking Ian to sort this one out in the morning (winkie winkie Marky boy :laugh3:)

Goodnight all

Interesting. I haven't read HP in a while. I'll reread it and see what you mean. But seriously, everyone here is way too defensive. *leaves thread after posting reply*

It's all in there, and I'm sorry this thread was torn to bits. I'm going to ask Ian to delete it and I'll just post the comment again in the other 'meaning of 42' thread. It makes absolute sense if you read the last few chapters, know the story of the last book, and then listen to the song. I'm gonna ask Debs about it and see if she knows.

• 4 weeks later...