✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mumford & Sons

Jiminy Cricket

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite off topic but another band I don't really like but am interested to see live, MGMT are playing here. This is cool, they're playing at a university hall, which is tiny. It would be cool to see them in a real intimate place, but the tickets ARE 72 FUCKING DOLLARS? (that's about $56 in american dollars)

rippp oofffffff. I could see a local band there for less than $10

This is quite off topic but another band I don't really like but am interested to see live, MGMT are playing here. This is cool, they're playing at a university hall, which is tiny. It would be cool to see them in a real intimate place, but the tickets ARE 72 FUCKING DOLLARS? (that's about $56 in american dollars)

rippp oofffffff. I could see a local band there for less than $10

$US56 isnt too bad for a good young live band but MGMT have a very poor live reputation so thats a bit too much.

These are the reasons why I need to reconsider whether I should go see them live or not this March. But since the chance of seeing a good band like MGMT is very rare here, I think I should go. But when I think about it again, Congratulations is so shitty I wouldn't want to pay so much to listen to songs that I dislike.

And why are we talking about MGMT in Mumford & Sons thread :|

ok to bring things sort of back in line.

does anybody know how long MGMT play for at their shows? i know its all about quality over quantity. but i always find longer shows to be more satisfying and worth while.

i paid about $US55 to see mumford and they did a solid 80min set which is incredible considering they only have 1 album. on the other hand Phoenix cost $80 and played for just as long.

i dont think ive ever been to a show (not including festivals) where i really wanted the band to finish or felt that they pushed it a bit too far. i guess it also depends on the intensity of the show. a very intense band can get away with playing 20 or 30mins less than the norm.

I think Wilco are one of the best at both quality and quantity. They play for around 3 hours and it usually ends perfectly!

I think my favourite moment from any show is when they had just played Kidsmoke and it felt like it was the perfect moment to end (every other band would have finished by then anyway) but Jeff just said "We're only half way through" :wacky:

i think Wilco and Pearl Jam have a lot in common. PJ average about 2.5hr per show sometimes 3hrs. i think they were doing 2hr plus shows even on their 2nd and 3rd album tours.

i have the feeling mumford+sons might head down a similar path over the next few years. well i at least hope so.

i dont think ive ever been to a show (not including festivals) where i really wanted the band to finish or felt that they pushed it a bit too far. i guess it also depends on the intensity of the show. a very intense band can get away with playing 20 or 30mins less than the norm.

That's because by the time most bands get to Australia, they should have perfected their show!

ok to bring things sort of back in line.

does anybody know how long MGMT play for at their shows? i know its all about quality over quantity. but i always find longer shows to be more satisfying and worth while.

i paid about $US55 to see mumford and they did a solid 80min set which is incredible considering they only have 1 album. on the other hand Phoenix cost $80 and played for just as long.

WOW , 55 , that's much !

I only paid 25 Euros I think , and the time before that 15 Euro's ...

I don't know what it is ,but it seems that bands ask less money in Belgium.

But that's a good thing ! :wacky: