Mumford & Sons

Jiminy Cricket

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Mumford and Sons are the biggest UK band since Coldplay

Mumford and Sons have become the first British band since to sell a million copies of one album in both the UK and US since Coldplay achieved the feat in 2009 with their album Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends.

The folk quartet’s Sigh No More album currently sits at number three on the US charts behind two other English albums – Adele’s 21 and former Floetry member Marsha Ambrosius’ debut solo album Late Night And Early Mornings. This is the first time in 25 years that three British acts have held the Top 3 positions on the US album chart.

The last time UK acts had even the top two slots on the US chart was back in June 1997 when The Spice Girls’ Spice and Paul McCartney’s Flaming Pie occupied the top two places on the list.

To celebrate their success, Mumford and Sons are set to tour America on The Railroad Revival tour in April with support from Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros and Old Crow Medicine Show. The tour will be filmed for a documentary and all three bands will travel to shows in California, Texas and Louisiana on 15 vintage railcars from the ’50s and ’60s.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/27731/Mumford-and-Sons-are-the-biggest-UK-band-since-Coldplay

Guest howyousawtheworld
this just shows how awful they are

lol

sorry i guess

The music snobbery creeps in yet again.

Be careful because music snobs are really boring fucks.

Guest howyousawtheworld
i love you too

Don't get me wrong you ain't a boring fuck as your presence on this site has shown but you shouldn't confuse your personal opinion with fact.

Don't get me wrong you ain't a boring fuck as your presence on this site has shown but you shouldn't confuse your personal opinion with fact.

i don't usually i was just being annoying :(

:wtf:

What the fuck is wrong with Mumford and Sons ?

I just try to understand ?

How can you HATE the music they make ?

They don't even have an ego

they piss no-one off

they just play live and like playing music ...

????

when i hear their songs i want to leave the room

Or if I'm in a plane I want to.....

Honestly I gave their album a few listens. I don't like judging a band based on a listen to one or two songs.

My reason for not liking them is I don't really see much originality in what they're doing. When I listened to the album it felt like they were trying the same tricks over and over again. There were some moments I liked, but nothing that made me want to listen to them again. To me they seem like a more insincere version of fleet foxes or a bunch of wannabees.

THANK YOU BRIGGINS~

Finally someone who makes the connection

m&s = intensely crappy version of fleet foxes

what's worse is that M&S get play all over the place and stuff like WE DA FOLK BAND OF DA CENTURY or s/m

and FF go unrecognized. IEW wat is dat~

:angry:

^wtf , that's so not true !

M&S don't say "WE DA FOLK BAND OF DA CENTURY "

Oh well , think what you want ,

And I'm not for too much orginiallity , because if everyone always have to do something new , nothing will be left ...

I like the music I like , and even if it's al the same genre , and guitar sounds ,

it's good that's what counts for me ... .

Well , I'll just let you go , think what you want ,

but please don't come in this thread just for saying they suck ...