✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mumford & Sons

Jiminy Cricket

I didn't like their earlier sound, but think that their first go at rock is pretty good, if you eclipse Mumford's voice which is...well...(no offence meant to hard-core fans)....truly awful. Nevertheless, parts of the album have an almost X&Y-esque vibe to me !

My personal favourite is Broad-shouldered Beasts...that haunting guitar at the beginning is awesome.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the album is good. It's not great, nor is it bad! I see the downfall in the key - there's too many songs in the same format of sonic range. The storyline of the album is haunting and very vivid at times - to Marcus' credit, they can hit me in the feels.

Rather than toss in a reaction, I can tell you I'm excited for their next album. This move was 100% necessary for them - going from folk to something else. However, the fusion of the two will really let them shine in that rock format, as well as their fine signature folk.

Plus, if you bend the pitch up in Ditmas, it sounds like "I Will Wait" Part 2, down the line...when things go south.

I think the album is good. It's not great, nor is it bad! I see the downfall in the key - there's too many songs in the same format of sonic range. The storyline of the album is haunting and very vivid at times - to Marcus' credit, they can hit me in the feels.

Rather than toss in a reaction, I can tell you I'm excited for their next album. This move was 100% necessary for them - going from folk to something else. However, the fusion of the two will really let them shine in that rock format, as well as their fine signature folk.

Plus, if you bend the pitch up in Ditmas, it sounds like "I Will Wait" Part 2, down the line...when things go south.

I think that too. A little bit more variety would of made a greater album but it's still a good great album imo, it's growing on me more.

The Wolf is my favourite song by them for sure, the riff is too catchy. A great driving song :)

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed - about 3 songs have very similar drum beats that go bass-bass-snare-bass...which was good for Tompkins Square Park but a little repetitive elsewhere.

Overall feeling was that it was good - the production and instrumentation is really quite top notch, but where it went genre wise makes it easy to compare negatively with their old stuff or with "similar" bands. There's no song on this album like anything on ARBOTTH or X&Y where there was an instantly memorable vocal line (The Scientist) or instrumental riff (In My Place, Clocks, Speed of Sound....later on, Charlie Brown). I think it was a better listening experience than Babel, which was much too long, and occasionally too angry. I don't think this is a bad album or bad music though - it's harsh to claim they're not good at anything besides what they were doing before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Need help with these guys.

I once watch a video of them singing a song life, I really liked the song but now I don't remember what song it was.

In the video they were singing in a dark room and there's only 1 or maybe 2 orange light bulb in the room.

They all sang together at the end of the song.

Can anyone help me find the song I really want to listen to it again.

Need help with these guys.

I once watch a video of them singing a song life, I really liked the song but now I don't remember what song it was.

In the video they were singing in a dark room and there's only 1 or maybe 2 orange light bulb in the room.

They all sang together at the end of the song.

Can anyone help me find the song I really want to listen to it again.

Do you remember anything else? Was there banjo involved? (it sounds stupid but it can help to narrow it down to the third or the first two albums)

Orange bulbs like these ones?

Do you remember anything else? Was there banjo involved? (it sounds stupid but it can help to narrow it down to the third or the first two albums)

Orange bulbs like these ones?

Not this one, but this song i also great.

The light bulb was hanging from the top. I'm not sure about this they only played the guitars in that video, no other instrument.