✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Please help me pick a Coldplay song to write my paper about

In a telescope lens

For an assignment for my english class we have to write a paper discussing how a song relates to the novel the The Catcher in the Rye. Naturally, I'm picking a Coldplay song and would love the help!

Here's what the assignment says:

Find (or create your own) song lyrics, a poem, a cartoon, or a news article that relates to your reading. Write an explanation of how your selection reflects some aspect of the literature. (Does it remind you of a character, a theme, or an event?) Support with evidence from the selected item and with evidence from the literature. Yes, you will need to use direct quotations and paraphrasing when providing your evidence. Be sure to include a copy of your selection with your paper.

My first thought was violet hill. I think my friend is going to try and use everything's not lost, and I told her if she did she needs to bring in live 2003 and make the class watch it for her presentation :wacky:

We also thought of some others that might work too: in my place, the scientist, lost!, and swallowed in the sea.

And if you have any bad ass ideas on how I can present the song that would be awesome! :D

Thanks for the helps guys!!

Rush of Blood To The Head, definitely. But I also think Lost! could work.

yeah i was thinking of lost too

warning sign or the scientist

warning sign, really? :thinking: :heart:

and i've thought about the scientist a lot too

Bigger Stronger.

oh i didn't even think about that one!

read The Catcher In The Rye very recently, and also think A Rush Of Blood To The Head is the perfect song!

a lot of people seem to think that, i'll have to think about it more

thanks everyone!! :D

This reminds me of when I had to pick two love songs for A Midsummer Night's Dream and describe what they have to do with a relationship in the story. :lol:

Twisted Logic?

"You go backwards... but then!

You go forwards again!"

Bahaha. Seems quite suitable for the craziness that is the love square in Midsummer Night's. :lol:

Anyway: yeah. I agree with everyone saying A Rush of Blood to the Head!