✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 5th Coldplay album

Martin04

In my opinion, this is the opportunity for the band to cement its legacy. There are points in any artist's career when things just click. I truly believe this is Coldplay's time. Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends exceeded the quality of the first three studio albums. Prospekt's March proved the band has reached its songwriting stride, producing great songs that could not make the cut on the LP.

The intent of this thread is to discuss LP5. What will it sound like? When will it come out? Does this represent that pivotal moment in a band's career where it either delivers or fades back into mediocrity? Let's discuss the impending album....

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh the fifth album will be techno dance music :dance:

nahh

but this thread right here might help what you think what the next album it :thumbsup:

but

"We have to go in a very different direction with our next record. We know what we have to do. The big mistake would be to try to replicate the size of Viva La Vida.We'll probably just rely on the chemistry between us rather than too much musical trickery."

yesss something not viva

...but a parachutes ii would be excellent.

with a song that sounds kind of swallowed in the sea-ish.

and the LP5 would be perfection IMO.

(what does LP mean?)

:dance:

spanish rain, love in a lethal dose, and famous old painters are amazing titles :D

but parachutes ii or arobtth ii is probably going to happen.

x&y wasnt them.

and they said they are not going to do a viva la vida on the next album.

so who knows?

maybe it will sound asian, you know what i mean?

In my opinion, this is the opportunity for the band to cement its legacy. There are points in any artist's career when things just click. I truly believe this is Coldplay's time. Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends exceeded the quality of the first three studio albums. Prospekt's March proved the band has reached its songwriting stride, producing great songs that could not make the cut on the LP.

The intent of this thread is to discuss LP5. What will it sound like? When will it come out? Does this represent that pivotal moment in a band's career where it either delivers or fades back into mediocrity? Let's discuss the impending album....

I think its their end. The last one will sound like all of their previous songs mashed up. "Wedding Bells" sound like Parachutes with a little of "Til Kingdom Come", "Gravity", "Poppyfields", and "Lovers In Japan".

I kinda hope they mash it all up. It would be a great ending... even tho I don't want them to. And I think Chris said he wanted it to have, "less fanfare", does that means he doesn't want it to be as poplular? Well maybe this last one is for us, the fans, the ones who truly know their music.

A wedding is suppose to be a new start... its their new start. I don't think they would go on much longer... its breaking my little heart right saying that.... :cry:

I think its their end. The last one will sound like all of their previous songs mashed up. "Wedding Bells" sound like Parachutes with a little of "Til Kingdom Come", "Gravity", "Poppyfields", and "Lovers In Japan".

I kinda hope they mash it all up. It would be a great ending... even tho I don't want them to. And I think Chris said he wanted it to have, "less fanfare", does that means he doesn't want it to be as poplular? Well maybe this last one is for us, the fans, the ones who truly know their music.

A wedding is suppose to be a new start... its their new start. I don't think they would go on much longer... its breaking my little heart right saying that.... :cry:

NOOOOOOOO, DON'T SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

i highly doubt they are near they're end, because that interview on the southbank show they seemed like they are wanting to do this music stuff forever. So ill say they have at least 3+ albums to go.

i want the next album to be very chilled out. with a splash of asian.

life in technicolor is my painting :D

...most of my painting are coldplay related. so if its the end of them, im screwed :p.

i highly doubt they are near they're end, because that interview on the southbank show they seemed like they are wanting to do this music stuff forever. So ill say they have at least 3+ albums to go.

...most of my painting are coldplay related. so if its the end of them, im screwed :p.

Yeah, I dont want them to end! So the longer they go on, I am happy :D

I hope they dont! Maybe the wedding does mean a new start.... or they are just renewing their marriage vows to eachother becua they want to add a little spice to their sexless band-marriage life :p

... well they say its sexless.... I have heard them say they sleep in the same bed atleast twice ;) ... and I am not joking.... :laugh3:

Ditto, I'd probably die about 3 times before entering a weird conceptional artistic period. Seriously, we'd all have emotinal trouble and Coldplaying would have to re-theme into "I can't stop crying" and Rainy Day would have a whole new meaning. 3 more albums sounds reasonable and then hopefully there'll be leftovers.

OMG their last album?! No way...Gosh i almost fell off my chair reading your comment LadyBellaStrawberry :) Come on, let's be optimistic.

I think their new stuff's going to be very different from Viva. Hearing Wedding bells and a song from Steve Kroft's interview(Christmas lights??) really got me thinking, and I'm quite sure new album is going to be more intimistic. The only thing missing on Viva, in my opinion, were calm ballads that made me fall in love with Coldplay and Chris's voice. I do think they're going back to the origins in some sort of way, whitch is non neccessarly a bad thing. Many fans who loved Parachutes or A rush of blood to the head miss the old coldplay sound... me to, actually. On the other hand, i know many people who strongly disliked coldplay, but then fell in love with their new stuff so yeah, don't really know. I think they just have to keep experimenting and trying new things...and let's hope for the best.:)

I'll have to agree with 1st poster here, I really believe and hope that this is going to be their career-defining album, the one that will - like said - cement their legacy. It really feels like it. They've developed so much as musicians and songwriters, and i don't think that they'll go back (and i really hope not) and do "Parachutes ii". I love Parachutes, it stands on it's own very well, so let it be, and move on.

I'm so fucking exicted about LP5, they better not let me down! But i defiinitely don't think that they will take a step backwards quality-wise. They learned from X&Y, and they have it in them to be legendary, so if the next album doesn't do it for them, the album after that will. AND NO WAY ARE THEY GONNA STOP AFTER LP5!! I'LL KILL THEM IF THEY DO!

But it would actually be nice with a less... hyped up album, and with less exposure. I mean, Viva was insane. If you looked at top 10 most searched for songs 2008 at LastFM or Lyricwiki, 6 or 7 of them would be CP- songs from Viva.

Don't know if it's possible though, to get a more, hm... commercially toned down album. This is after all, Coldplay - biggest selling act in the world...

But I have a great feeling about this album, as soon as they changed the website you just felt that they're moving on into a new era, Viva is in the past now, and it's looking pretty damn good ahead...