✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 5th Coldplay album

Martin04

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because its seems more like just a cute b-side than a potential quality coldplay song that we've come to expect. It doesn't have much room for development and the rythmic energy necessary to support a big show or to be one of the better tracks on an album. He writes about a song a week, before the last album he sometimes wrote more than one in a day, I wouldn't be surprised if never hear a studio version of wedding bells.

where can i hear those two songs you're referring to?

i remember one of them might be from the sixty minutes interview, but is that all?

personally i wondered why chris thought that would be on an album. maybe he didn't mean it to mean that...?

i only wondered because i thought that a clearly christmas themed song might seem weird on a full album. in reality, it's not that odd, but it's just that we're so used to the idea that if a song mentions christmas it has to be listened to then. but we have no problem listening to violet hill in the summer despite "a long and dark december".

i just want coldplay's 5th album to continue their evolution. i mean that musically and creatively. whether that means incorporating jazz like drum beats as we've heard or simply writing an album that's a story or whatever, i don't care.

i'm sure they'll do something great. they've had one setback in their career (X & Y - sorry people who like it! i like a lot too, but critics panned it), and I think it's just upwards from here. until you know...they're older than 33. :rolleyes:

i would enjoy a christmas album though. that sixty minutes thing was what, a year ago? the band are in studio? they have a tour soon but will be basically done for awhile before december? CHRISTMAS EP PERHAPS!?

a new song would be nice though.

(actually, it might be smart to have a christmas ep for just popularity reasons. every great christmas celebrating band has usually had some popular christmas song that's gotten radio play. coldplay have done christmas songs, but maybe they can have a hit one? that'd be pretty sweet)

heard wedding bells and christmas lights.

i liked wedding bells quite a bit actually. i thought it could be one of those nicer love songs you find on their albums. meaning...the scientist, green eyes, fix you, swallowed in the sea, till kingdom come, reign of love (if it were good...), strawberry swing and death and all his friends (the first bit).

that sort of soft and sweet coldplay - meaning chris...

but yeah, i don't know why that couldn't be on an album. i honestly got quite a nice visual from it all. could be a nice music video. and honestly, songs like this are always very popular with mass audiences if you sell it right.

not that that's a reason for us or the band to include it, but simply saying that it's a good song.

A Christmas EP would be great :), I'd love to see that.

:thinking: uhh what :shocked2:

songs about christmas no, no, no :whip:

they already have 2. :inquisitive: maybe a Winter EP

with songs like violet-hillish, maybe not the same concept, but wintery sounding