✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Official Aussie Music Fan Thread

deaths_friend

re: channel v thing. what did i say about commercial media alex!!! last year it was won by Short Stack and now this year by Kisschasy who despite being a good band are no where near our best. a very very poor representation of australian music. so just to make things clear NO commercial tv (exceptions made for the hot chick on channel v:P) NO commercial radio or any other form of commercial media. they are holding australian music back and allowing the country to be saturated by mediocre american pop.

also cant wait for the wolfmother and strokes releases. i went in with low exptectations for both but now after hearing a couple of tracks off each, im very very interested. Cosmic Egg was the feature album on triple j this week and sadly was very very poorly received. the band's debut broke all records back in 2005 with 6 songs in the hottest 100 of that year plus winning the inaugural J Award.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I have to make an alteration.

Next week (so Friday 23rd) the albums out are

- Flight of the conchords

- Wolfmother

- The Model School (debut, I introduced a vid earlier)

Julian Casablancas' album got pushed back, its now being released on Nov 30.

Re: the hot chick on channel V (Renee): totally agree.

Couple of Australian news announcements:

Firstly;

s32gq9.jpg

*vomits*

Secondly, Evermore are releasing another album!

New album and new Australian single

In the few weeks we've had between tours we decided (instead of retiring to an island in the Maldives) to record some new material. So the next thing you'll be hearing is a brand new single called 'Underground'... a track based on a Dann's hazy recollections of a night out in London.

We returned to South Africa to film the video. Spoiler alert: I had fun being chased around by teddy bears and suffocated with confetti! Good times.

'Underground' is the first single from a new self-titled album we will be releasing simultaneously in Europe and Australia! This album will feature new songs, new mixes of old songs PLUS tracks spanning our history so far. Not to mention a bonus disc of unreleased goodies & rarities.

Keep checking our website for more info on local release dates

Here's a sneak peak of the 'Underground' single art:

ever_underground.jpg

If I were a guy I would be jizzing right now. Thus, I fart hearts.

Hopefully this will be coming out early next year so they can play some of the new songs at the concert I'm going to (now rescheduled for 13th March). New mixes, unreleased material and rarities can only make me happier.

*vomits*

If I were a guy I would be jizzing right now. Thus, I fart hearts.

Hopefully this will be coming out early next year so they can play some of the new songs at the concert I'm going to (now rescheduled for 13th March). New mixes, unreleased material and rarities can only make me happier.

Oh my god emma I am going to see them before you lol *check sig*

And sorry I COMPLELY forgot about the Pheonix audio! woops too busy writing a new song actually....

Laneway festival lineup just announced:

Echo & The Bunnymen

Florence & The Machine

Black Lips

The XX

Daniel Johnston – No Adelaide

Sarah Blasko

N.A.S.A

Eddy Current Suppression Ring

Hockey

Dappled Cities

Mumford & Sons – No Adelaide

The Very Best

Radioclit

Wild Beasts – No Adelaide

Whitley

The Middle East

Kid Sam

Dirty Three – Melbourne only

What an incredible lineup, definitely worth going to for sure. Really excited about seeing Florence and the machine, Echoes, and The XX!

Oh, I forgot linkies of Britith India and The Panics to mix it up a little.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5PGrTCAxiE]YouTube - British India - Black & White Radio[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWqPFQUvvQg]YouTube - British India - Nic the Poet (at Player's Bar, Mandurah)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kRvIOnJMd0]YouTube - The Panics - Don't Fight It[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NpICmtrO1s]YouTube - The Panics - Kid You're A Dreamer[/ame]

The audio for Nic The Poet is a bit weird but it's the only one I could find

The giant summer party that is Good Vibrations Festival has announced its first round of acts for 2010. The national juggernaut, which kicks off in Sydney’s Centennial Park, has a few pleasing bookings for the FasterLouder-inclined.

After Fatboy Slim’s headlining DJ set this year, the festival has taken a different tact this by putting Las Vegas dazzlers The Killers in the top spot. The band (mostly) dropped its Springsteen shtick on most recent album Day & Age, getting back to the shimmering dance-pop they do best. They’ll perform a ‘greatest hits set’ at Good Vibrations.

Also bringing some glam and glitz to the mainstage will be Gossip, led by the mercurial Beth Ditto. With their tent-raising Splendour set still fresh in our minds, Friendly Fires will also be jetting back to soak up the sun. Hip hop fans are again well-catered for, with Busta Rhymes, Naughty By Nature and Salt-N-Pepa locked in.

The 2010 Good Vibrations line-up looks like this so far.

The Killers (Nice..... Gimme sideshow please)

Basement Jaxx

Armand Van Helden

Gossip

Busta Rhymes

Friendly Fires (More than nice, another sideshow please.....)

Salt-N-Pepa

Z-Trip

Kid Cudi

Naughty By Nature

Plump DJs

Gym Class Heroes

Chase & Status

Dave Seaman

DJ Craze

Chuckie

Art vs Science

Bass Kleph

Sam Obernik

KillaQueenz

National tour dates:

Sat 13 Feb – Centennial Park, Sydney

Sun 14 Feb – Claremont Showground, Perth

Sat 20 Feb – Parklands Showgrounds, Gold Coast

Sun 21 Feb – The Nursery, Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne

Not going, but hoping for those two sideshows. Glad to see passion pit still not on any lineup, meaning they can really only be at BDO or V methinks. (Don't mention second announcements)

i would love to see some sideshows from the killers. i was devastated when they didnt do any sideshows for the 2009 v festival. and those dates are very sideshow friendly. speaking of friendly i might wait for a second album from friendly fires before i spend the money to see them. my wallet is growing lighter by the day. i might have to sacrifice seeing placebo so i can go to the killers instead. and the by the sounds of things it wont be saturated with songs from Day & Age so its going to be awesome!

according to page 9 of today's the age newspaper in victoria, there will be no v festival in 2010.

the article reads:

the v festival, which, for the past three years has attracted strong line-ups of international acts, has been shelved by promoters michael coppel presents and virgin mobile.

the partners faced stiff competition from events such as the big day out, good vibrations, laneway, golden plains and future music.

pretty gutted.

Pretty big news. so pissed off with them, as if they have thrown away one of the best organised festivals of the calendar.

sort of cant blame them. theres some incredible competition from all the other festivals. i think if it is really cancelled i will go to a couple of other shows instead. so far this is how my summer is looking

- Pearl Jam 22/11

- Grizzly Bear @ Sydney Festival

- Yeah Yeah Yeahs (whenever they play in jan)

- Muse 20?/01

- BDO 22/01

- The Killers 12?/02