✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Official Aussie Music Fan Thread

deaths_friend

ok well after a slow start to the year the australian music scene has ended 2009 very very strongle with a whole lot of very good releases. here's just a sample

Whitley

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PzZs_SwcoI]YouTube- Whitley - Head, First, Down.[/ame]

Philadelphia Grand Jury

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHMxUvS3OHI]YouTube- Philadelphia Grand Jury - I Dont Want To Party (Party)[/ame]

The Mess Hall

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rBiZI_KVx8]YouTube- The Mess Hall - Bell (Sydney Festival 2010)[/ame]

Horrorshow

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewjfbAtlp78]YouTube- Horrorshow - No Rides Left (Live)[/ame]

Subaudible Hum

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAl4mdzyS0w]YouTube- Our Last Stand by SUBAUDIBLE HUM[/ame]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are my tips for the ARIA Awards. i only have a passing interest in the awards as i havent watched them for a few years. but i have nothing better to do so here goes

Album of the Year

Who Will Win : Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream

Who Should Win: Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream

Adult Contemporary

Who Will Win : Bob Evans - Goodnight Bull Creek

Who Should Win: Paul Dempsey - Everything is True

Best Female

Who Will Win : Jessica Mauboy

Who Should Win: Lisa Mitchell

Best Group (what does this even mean???)

Who Will Win : Empire of the Sun

Who Should Win: Eskimo Joe (i think)

Best Indie Release

Who Will Win : Sneaky Sound System - 2

Who Should Win: Dappled Cities - Zounds

Best Male

Same as Adult Contemporary

Best Rock Album

Who Will Win : AC/DC - Black Ice

Who Should Win: The Drones - Havilah

Breakthrough Album

Who Will Win : Jessica Mauboy

Who Should Win: Tough choice. can i just say anyone but Mauboy

Breakthrough Single

Who Will Win : Jessica Mauboy - Running Back

Who Should Win: once again tough choice so im going to say anyone but Mauboy

Single of the Year

Who Will Win : Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

Who Should Win: Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

i doubt i will get many right.

^ Sweet Disposition might not get Single of the Year because it's only now getting mainstream exposure... hell, it might even go over to Hilltop Hoods or EOTS. Considering the retardation that was 2008 (minus Presets) and possibly 2007 (I had a sad for Wolfmother).

Short Stack - Stack Is The New Black?????

ne good?

ps: plz don't lynch me

Well, probably not very. They've gotten massive overhype IMO for not releasing their first album until now, if you like pop with tiny traces of punk (I refuse to call them flat out pop/punk) they may be for you. If not, look elsewhere.

I'm still bawling Evermore obviously isn't gonna win an ARIA for their contribution this year. Come on, highest selling single for Hey Boys and Girls? Gheyyy. (I know, I am such a fangirl for them :sad: )

(If AC/DC takes out a shitload of awards over other artists I potentially would have liked better I will throw a tantrum and claim that the ARIAs are shitty. AGAIN.)

(If AC/DC takes out a shitload of awards over other artists I potentially would have liked better I will throw a tantrum and claim that the ARIAs are shitty. AGAIN.)

of course awards ceremonies are shitty. they all are! but its a great stress reliever watching them and screaming and hurling abuse at them. i always feel better after the grammys. my egocentric music side gets a massive boost :D

does anybody know why its a on thursday night? late night shopping night 5 weeks before christmas. school term hasnt finished. always been on a sunday night........

J Award is handed out in a weeks time. alex, would love to hear your tip for best album. well i would love to hear everyone's tips. im throwing my weight behind Lisa Mitchell, if not her it will be Sarah Blasko but there's no clear front runner this year. none of the albums have produced multiple hits like The Presets did last year as did the respective winners in the previous years. the only impact we've had on an international level has been the temper trap with a song that came out last year.

lets hope 2010 is a better year. big expectations from debuts records by Dead Letter Circus and Tame Impala and John Steel Singers. new album from John Butler Trio and Midnight Juggernauts.

ah yes forgot about the panics. have massive expectations for this newie. their last 2 albums were contenders for my top 20 of the decade list. i ended up choosing Cruel Guards.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5f3gfFtHY8]YouTube- One Way Road - John Butler Trio (official clip)[/ame]

Well, for triple J album of the yar I would like to see Sarah Blasko take it out. I was impressed that she won the Aria for best Female Artist, and I think she deserves it. Anyone can win it except for Karnivool and Hilltop Hoods, for the love of god please not them! And SO disappointed Temper Trap walked away with nothing last night. RAGE!

Oh, and Emma: new evermore is a compilation, isn't it?

Album of the Year

Empire of the Sun – Walking on a Dream (Capitol/EMI Music Australia)

Single of the Year

Breakthrough Artist Album

Ladyhawke – Ladyhawke (Modular Recordings)

Breakthrough Artist Single

Ladyhawke – My Delirium (Modular Recordings)

Best Group

Best Female Artist

Sarah Blasko – As Day Follows Night (Dew Process)

Best Male Artist

Daniel Merriweather – Love & War (Universal Music Australia)

Best Rock Album

AC/DC – Black Ice (Albert Productions/Sony Music Entertainment)

Best Pop Release

Best Urban Release

Hilltop Hoods – State of the Art (Golden Era/Universal Music Australia)

Best Dance Release

The Presets – Talk Like That (Modular Recordings)

Best Blues & Roots Album

C.W. Stoneking – Jungle Blues (King Hokum Records/Shock)

Best Country Album

Troy Cassar-Daley – I Love This Place (Liberation Music)

Best Independent Release

Bertie Blackman – Secrets and Lies (Forum 5/MGM)

Best Adult Contemporary Album

Josh Pyke – Chimney’s Afire (Ivy League Records)

Best DVD

Sia – TV is my Parent (Monkey Puzzle/Inertia)

Best Children’s Album

The Wiggles – The Wiggles Go Bananas! (ABC Music)

Best Comedy Release

Hamish and Andy – Unessential Listening (Roadshow Music/Sony Music Entertainment)

Highest Selling Single

Jessica Mauboy – Running Back (Sony)

Highest Selling Album

AC/DC – Black Ice (Albert Productions/Sony Music Entertainment)

yeah my only complaint is about best rock album. otherwise i think empire of the sun and ladyhawke deserve to clean up. and wtf with the presets winning another aria. they havent done anything for 18 months!

is anyone here a bertie blackman fan? i honestly cannot get into her but she seems to be fairly popular on both the alternative and mainstream scenes. i would say that after this ARIA win she would be in contention for the J Award also.

http://www.abc.net.au/rage/50/

rage always celebrates the end of the year by programming the best music videos of the year and in 2009 you decide what gets played! Introducing, the very first rage FIFTY!!!

rage will be playing 2009’s fifty most popular music videos on the last Saturday of the year as voted by you! Which music videos inspired you, shocked you, and made you laugh this year?

You can choose your favourites from the full list of new music videos received throughout 2009 when voting kicks off on Friday 13th November. Voting will be open until midnight December 15.

Please note – the rage FIFTY list consists of music videos received by rage from 1st January 2009 to 13th November 2009.

The rage FIFTY 2009, on your tv Saturday 26th December.

rage50_322.jpg