✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Official Aussie Music Fan Thread

deaths_friend

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should know not to drop that BEP shit, Briggs. But, since I know you love In Ghost Colours it's all good. A quality album.

Haha, I know, and I actually can not stand BEP, but it is impossible to escape. It was so dumb, at our city Christmas Parade last week there was a float for a local radio station playing I've Got A Feeling. I yelled out at them and said "why aren't you playing Christmas music!!!!"

that would sooo become my sig if it didnt have a typo in it hahaha. genius briggsy (your aussie nickname)

haha, woops, typo fixed. I was up too late when I wrote that :P

Well, for triple J album of the yar I would like to see Sarah Blasko take it out. I was impressed that she won the Aria for best Female Artist, and I think she deserves it. Anyone can win it except for Karnivool and Hilltop Hoods, for the love of god please not them! And SO disappointed Temper Trap walked away with nothing last night. RAGE!

Oh, and Emma: new evermore is a compilation, isn't it?

Temper Trap should have at least got one, but the single was only now getting recognition and... well, yeah. I didn't expect them to win, but I didn't expect them to walk away with nothing either.

New Evermore is a compilation including some new mixes and new songs, the first single Underground is a new song.

Empire of the Sun deserved to get a few, sure, but they sweeped it a bit too much for only having, what, one hit single? Beh. Very disappointed AC/DC was given the nod for our best rock band this year, all they've done is come back again for another boring round.

Also, I MIGHT have an idea why Presets got one, Talk Like That was released VERY early this year, and none of the other contenders really made a splash.

heads up to aussie phoenix fans

tickets go on sale to all ticketek members (which is basically everyone who has ever bought a ticket from them) at Midday TODAY for sydney and brisbane. check the Coppel Presents page for details for the melbourne pre-sale. general sale is on dec 10 but you're better off buying them now.

J Awards Announced!!

Album of the Year- Sarah Blasko - As Day Follows Night

Music Video of the Year - Art vs Science - Parlez Vous Francais

Unearthed Artist of the Year - The Middle East

picked art v science and the middle east. have no issues with the wonderful sarah blasko winning the J Award, just didnt think this was her best work.