✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the weather like today in your town?

Darlene_Ihnfsa

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

Storm force winds (80-100mph) and my bedroom window has just survived a blitz of hail stones crashing into it. University's closed so was emailed not to come in today.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Too warm and sunny to be December :blank:

I've got my window open and I don't feel cold at all!

Lucky you!

Oh and this storm in the central belt of Scotland (Glasgow-Edinburgh) has now been named Hurricane Bawbag. For anyone who doesn't know 'bawbag' is Glaswegian slang for scrotum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Bawbag

Stormy - with wind gusts up to hurricane - in particular in the Western part of Denmark (Jutland) where trees toppled, power lines came down, and at least 55,000 households are currently without electricity / power. High water from the North Sea in western Jutland. Cloudy. Temps between 5 and 7 degrees Celsius.

Storm force winds (80-100mph) and my bedroom window has just survived a blitz of hail stones crashing into it. University's closed so was emailed not to come in today.

Yeah, I read about it on Danish text-TV:

"This winter's first big storm on the British islands have affected Scotland and the northern part of England.

In the Scottish highland, wind gusts up to 266 km per hour have been measured. Traffic is affected: Roads, bridges, airports/airfields, train stations and harbours/ports are closed.

In Glasgow and the western Scotland thousands of schools are closed, and falling trees have brought power lines down as well leaving 55,000 households without power. The authorities have issued a "red Alert" - the highest warning level for stormy weather."

Danish text-TV (DR1 at 3:38am)

Another headline (from Danish text-TV / TV2 News) reads: In Scotland a more-than-100-m-high windmill has caught fire in storm!!

The wind gusts in the area housing the windmilll farm near the town of Ardrossan in North Ayrshire exceeded 160 km per hour = hurricane level.