✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the weather like today in your town?

Darlene_Ihnfsa

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate how the US doesn't use the world standard of metrics. It makes me angry. Our system is incredibly stupid.
Indeed.

Β 

Β 

5Β°C here. We've been getting so much rain here lately, and it's been raining for 12 hours straight (again), and will likely continue raining non-stop all day. There are flood watches and warnings in the area. Oh, but it's supposed to turn to snow tonight... we could get 3-5 inches. That should make for an awesome Wednesday morning commute. :|

3Β°C, breezy. The sky is clear, not as cloudy as the past few days.

Β 

Β 

I hate how the US doesn't use the world standard of metrics. It makes me angry. Our system is incredibly stupid.

I know right? I am an international student in the US, and I've been using metric system for 20 years of my life and suddenly when I came here I had to switch non-metric (?) units. :|

Β 

Metrics ftw :snobby:

Β 

I know right? I am an international student in the US, and I've been using metric system for 20 years of my life and suddenly when I came here I had to switch non-metric (?) units. :|

Β 

Metrics ftw :snobby:

Β 

Americans are too up-their-own-asses and lazy to switch. I think we tried in the 1970's. Didn't work. Moron hippies.

Β 

EDIT: 1980's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States

Sorry, hippies!

Americans are too up-their-own-asses and lazy to switch. I think we tried in the 1970's. Didn't work. Moron hippies.

Β 

EDIT: 1980's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States

Sorry, hippies!

Β 

Yeah and the government would probably use the excuse, "oh but we'd have to change all of the speed limit signs and the 'distance to destination' signs across the entire country, there's not enough money in the budget to do that."

Β 

But umm... wouldn't that create oodles of jobs?

Yeah and the government would probably use the excuse, "oh but we'd have to change all of the speed limit signs and the 'distance to destination' signs across the entire country, there's not enough money in the budget to do that."

Β 

But umm... wouldn't that create oodles of jobs?

Β 

Agreed. Damn feds.

Β 

Coldplayers should take over the US government. We're smarter.