✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2010 Albums Worth Listening To

winigwl

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorilla Manor - Local Natives

Out already in the UK but gets a USA release Feb '10 (even tho they are actually American...:thinking: ) but anyway...it's blooooody marvellous :D

The bolded part fails to make any sense to me. :inquisitive:

Oh well, it's not too big of a deal. :p

I just thought it was odd that even tho they are American their album was released here in the UK last November, but won't be released over in the States until this February... :\ Just seems an odd way round... I know some of the Kings of Leon albums were released like that, UK first because they were 'bigger' here than in their own country but it obviously happens more often than I realised...:shrug:

But anyway, technically it has a 2010 release date, so I'm allowed to mention it in this thread ;)

^ gotta love torrents though.

Gorilla Manor - Local Natives

Out already in the UK but gets a USA release Feb '10 (even tho they are actually American...:thinking: ) but anyway...it's blooooody marvellous :D

Word.

They mentioned the album not being released in the US yesterday when I went to see them play. It's strange, but on the other hand, I think they are getting sort of popular in Europe (well, here anyway). They got quite a lot of media attention here given that they are basically just starting out.

Anyway, it's one of my favourite albums of the last few months. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Listen to Alphabet of Hurricanes by Tom McRae.

A taste:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGzOPHGzXNY&feature=channel]YouTube- Tom McRae / Alphabet of Hurricanes[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9va08ZucCGc]YouTube- Out Of The Walls.m4v[/ame]

Lostprophets - The Betrayed.

Maybe isn't everyones cup of tea but I like it.

Oh and whoever it was that mentioned Delphic...nice choice ;)

EDIT: I'd also like to mention The Courteeners, new album out on the 22nd of February I think :D

Midlake - The Courage of Others will be released next week. It's pretty awesome and a worthy follow up for Van Occupanther. :nice:

I've listened and read the review. it's quite good. looking forward to this album. i think there are no bands nowdays bring music like this.:cool:

I predict that Röyksopp's forthcoming album "Senior" will be my album of the year!!! :)

(if Coldplay or Radiohead don't release anything^^)

I completely agree! I can't wait for that album :D

And I would personally add The First Days of Spring - Noah & The Whale

^ Wiki says nothing more than early 2010. The band members declined to give details.

Anyway. Owen Pallett. Heartland. If you don't have it already, GET IT NOW. It's awesome. :wacky: Thanks, Briggins, for introducing me to him. :nice: