✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2010 Albums Worth Listening To

winigwl

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I still think demon days is a stronger album but then again I've only given plastic beach one listen so far.

Is anyone else looking forward to the upcoming Foals album? for those of you impressed by two door cinema club try out Foals you will hopefully be very impressed as they have much more sophisticated sound.

Yeah I agree, took me a few listens too. It's just a great modern pop album. Can't wait to review it. As for new Foals, YES excited the first track previewed is impressive. I see NME have a track-by-track preview but I think I can wait!

• 2 weeks later...

we're at the end of march and quarter of the way through the year so here's my fave stuff of the year

Teen Dream - Beach House

easily the best album of the year so far. the melodies are stunning, the vocals are near perfect and the album flows effortlessly. the grizzly bear of 2010. but from what ive heard from long time fans of the band this record is quite different from their previous works.

Tourist History - Two Door Cinema Club

yeah its generic, yeh it sounds like every other indie pop record going around but who cares! its upbeat, catchy, easy to listen to and helluva lot of a fun. the sound really takes me back to the summer of 07 when i was first getting alternative music, this genre was everywhere!

I Speak Because I Can - Laura Marling

dont like it as much as her debut but i still cant get enough of it.

One Life Stand - Hot Chip

never really listened to these guys before but loving their work on this album. the title track is my fave track of the year

Contra - Vampire Weekend

i really doubted VM's ability to make another awesome record after their debut. but they proved me wrong and im very glad they did. cant wait to see them 6 weeks.

Rush to Relax - Eddy Current Suppression Ring

a good follow up to Primary Colours. need to listen to it more, but so far loving this.

My favourites:

Please Turn Me Into The Snat - Connan Mockasin

An extremely good album. Probably my favourite. Very psychedelic and weird songs, but with catchy melodies...One of the best NZ musicians by far...

Transference - Spoon

The first Spoon album I've heard. I loved this. Very cool...

Contra - Vampire Weekend

Oh, don't worry. I hated this...

Go - Jonsi

Okay, I only downloaded this on the weekend but it's pretty amazing.

Strict Joy - The Swell Season

edit: DAMNIT 2009

Crude Futures - So So Modern

Awesome...another one of NZ's best bands. A lot like Holy Fuck. Seeing them pretty soon!

I don't think there are any others that really stood out to me. The Mint Chicks released an amazing EP but I'm not sure if that counts...

Tourist History - Two Door Cinema Club

yeah its generic, yeh it sounds like every other indie pop record going around but who cares! its upbeat, catchy, easy to listen to and helluva lot of a fun. the sound really takes me back to the summer of 07 when i was first getting alternative music, this genre was everywhere!

Contra - Vampire Weekend

i really doubted VM's ability to make another awesome record after their debut. but they proved me wrong and im very glad they did. cant wait to see them 6 weeks.

Go - Jonsi

Okay, I only downloaded this on the weekend but it's pretty amazing.

THOSE. Particularly the Jónsi. :heart:

I'm going to blog about this either next week or next week.

But favs of the year so far:

Beach House - Teen Dream

Caribou - Swim

Owen Pallett - Heartland

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

Hot Chip - One Life Stand

Vampire Weekend - Contra

Zeus - Say Us