✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is it just me or....

Manders

has coldplay become way celebrities. like boy-hoes....demanding rediculous stuff...like the things at the vmas. i mean come on. but the whole fact that they got famous off of the scientist and clocks pisses me off because one good song comes along and the whole BETTER songs from the past are neglected and coldplay become rich and famous house-hold names which leads to stardom.....for a year....i mean WHY! :stunned:

yea my thoughts exactly. its just stupid. thats why i like radiohead...they are in between not "i need 12 roses to stare at while i eat my sirloin steak and white wine" famous and they arent hideously struggling. they have great music. great members great everything... and they dont depend on being really famous to make that and 2 things i dont want is for them to get famous (which they shoulld because their music is right there) and to become some pissy celebrities. :dozey:

Wow, there sure is a lotta bullshit in this topic.

I dont really see what Amander is so upset about, ridiculous demands? I dont see what thats supposed to indicate. They are uber famous, and have been for quite a while. They wont become Gwyneth Paltrow's Boyfriend's band because Coldplay were well famous before Chris and Gwyn even started, throw that out the window.

If they become famous off one or two songs (Which isnt even true, Rush of Blood to the Head made them big in America) then all the better from the point of the fan, they're getting more and more exposure. Of course too much exposure can be a bad thing, but it doesnt quite work that way with Coldplay.

If all they're other songs get neglected then so what, its the way pop culture works and Coldplay are a big pop band who have made music to specifically make it big in the pop industry, so they take their own risks when riding into that rough world. Look at Queens of the Stoneage, theyve been going for a very long time, 12 years? Their super famous at the moment, and the majority of people who see them at festivals know only one of their songs ("No-One Knows" I coulda worked that into a clever pun but I spared you a barf sandwich). Will many people get to hear all the heart and passion they put into earlier work? No, of course not.

Works the same with crappy Coldplay.

erm ok maybe over in ireland things are different yet over here no one would play their videos until clocks came along and all of sudden (in america at least) people were calling in on the radio saying " i really want to hear clocks" the host would than say "so you like coldplay" caller: "yea their song clocks is great" and all im saying about the demands, Reilly, is that they think they have come into this ball of power and celebrity and they are going to ask for stuff and start acting that way. All im saying is that once they are known to everyone they can only go one way. down. there done my opinion.

I still dont get the hating people for liking Coldplay now thing. Its like, I bet most people never even heard of Coldplay before songs like Clocks, so how were they supposed to like them? They're just doing the same thing you did when you began to like Coldplay (The ever-elusive method of hearing music and then, liking it, wow).

But yeah, I'll agree that a humble band who feels greatful to be privileged enough to go to such awards as the VMA's have a much better chance of surviving the pop industry. I thought Coldplay WERE humble (Seeing as they are indeed very very, very lucky) and according to you theyre not going that way, meh.

I remember when no one knew who coldplay was...

"Yeah right now my favorite band is Coldplay."

"Coldwho??"

"Coldplay! They sing the song 'Yellow?' It's on MTV2."

"Yeah, haven't heard it, but Jay-Z's new album comes out next week.."

oh the good ol' days! now people come up to me tell me

"Hey Britt I heard that 'Clocks' song this morning"

It happens to everyband eventually....

Actually it happens to few bands, and rarely.

But seeing as apparently they were already on MTV (2) they were hardly underground or hardcore, they were always decently known even in America, but only really by people who were fairly interested in that kinda shmuzz.

who believes all that rubbish anyway. And knowing Chris Martin even if it was 12 white roses it'd be:

"Excuse me,erm....hi...yeah, how are you...great. Um....could i ask you a HUGE favour?? I mean...you can say no if you want....it's just....could you possibly find 12...um...white roses for me....because....well jonny's socks are stinkin the place out....and well....i kinda wanted....something to cover the smell....that's ok?? great....here, take £20 to pay it....thanks for your help. No, keep the change."