✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

an event that changed your perspective, good or bad...

sarah**

In my case it would be the death of my father almost 4 years ago i had to learn how to do many things without him without his support but it also made me stronger and more secure of myself at the end i think even it's painful i tried to become the bad into something good :)

Finding out about Coldplay really changed my live I think' date=' it just changed the way I look at everything and the way I spend my time.[/quote']

same here. i know it does sound kind of weird but ever since i heard coldplay my whole life has changed. the kind of music i listen to, the way i act, just the way i am basically.

I've learn that the life can be really short and you have to enjoy every minute you have. You don't have to be angry about stupid things, just try to be happy.

Hear hear!!

The biggest thing for me was becoming a parent. I know it sounds cheesy but it totally changes your perspective on life and affects you in ways no one can explain or prepare you for.

*takes a deep breath...* When I was fourteen I was gonna kill myself. But I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I hadn't really lived at all. I didn't have a good reason to pull the trigger. And I thought about Dave Matthews, who's lost his dad and his sister and he still carries on... I thought, I have to be missing something. And ever since then I've been looking for things that'll keep me going. I've learned that it doesn't have be to major things: going to the movies with a friend, listening to a great song, saying/writing something that makes others laugh, a good cup of coffee... Sometimes I have to force myself to do things, and make myself uncomfortable, but it's a trillion times better than sitting alone in the dark and wondering if god cares or even exists. I've got concerts to see, parties to plan, stories to tell and pictures to paint.

But still, sometimes, even when I'm with my friends and we're having a good time, talking and laughing, I get the feeling that I'm not really there. *shivers* It's frightening, like the whole world is slipping away from me, but reaching out, literally, I mean touching someone's hand or shoulder and establishing that physical contact, trusting people, leaning on them is the only thing that grounds me. And a well-developed sense of humour.

:stunned: :cry:

That's just amazing..that made me cry.

I can relate to that so much..there are times when I feel as though I'm invisible, that no one really cares, ya know? And I felt as though something was missing, and I'm still not quite sure what it is.

I mean, I've done some really stupid things, which I really do regret. God, and the amount of times of cried over guys..bleh, and for stupid reasons too. Sometimes the people I thought were my friends have really let me down, and I think in most cases I've been too trustworthy, that's why I think it's hard for me to sustain a relationship with anyone.

But man, what you just said has really got to me.

those people that criticised my perspective have perhaps taken too much hold on it's negative outlook. you see, it's not negative at all, it's positive. at no point did i ever suggest that there were not people who give me a great deal of lov and support and at no point did i suggest that i do not provide people in my life with that type of affection - believe me i provide more than i recieve in most cases and that something im proud of - however what was meant is that i will never have a DEPENDANCY on anyone now that I am well out of childhood either physically or emotionally and that not to say that I wont have anything up to a great degree of affection and love for people - just that ultimately if something was to happen i'm confident enough that i will be able to survive. the eposide in my life that gives me this outlook is that that experience resulted in me nearly NOT surviving - it left me in such a mess that it took me years to recov er from, and im still recoving and perhaps always will be. maybe one day i'll meet someone who shatters my mindset - but i'm still waiting...

hope that makes sense

and for those who find these thoughts extremely negative then maybe it is you who should consider what could happen to you if things fell apart?

*hugs Simon*

After living with him for nearly 4 years I still havent worked out what makes him tick :P, but the event he mentions did hit him hard and shapes the way he thinks now. Some of you may call it cynical, I know I do enough when he laughs at me and Jessy, but it saves him in the long run. Least til he meets that some1 who changes his mindset, and I hope he does :)

Anyway me....hmmmm, I guess being dumped on valentines day by my ex changed my life...I went from getting possibly married, and living in US, or her living here...to being single with no idea where I was going and living with my parents. Luckily Mr Simon here came along again asked if I wanted to live with him, and 9 months after it happened I moved in with him, got a job, and now have Jessy, so it's all worked out :)

*hugs Simon again*