✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Are Vampire Weekend taking the 'crown' of Arctic Monkeys ?

Dejan

I think you're comparing apples and oranges. Their music is completely different. Arctic Monkeys never had a crown anyway, they were just a fresh, new interesting band years ago that Vampire Weekend happens to be at the moment. And hence the circle of life.

I think you're comparing apples and oranges. Their music is completely different. Arctic Monkeys never had a crown anyway, they were just a fresh, new interesting band years ago that Vampire Weekend happens to be at the moment. And hence the circle of life.

I think that you are totally wrong

I think that you are totally wrong

Explain. HOW can you compare the two? I dont even think that Arctic Monkeys are good enough for a "crown"... you have to be fucking amazing to get that. Hence, The Beatles, or Lady Gaga. Kidding on that last one. Don't get me wrong, I love both of these bands, but Vampire Weekend aren't taking anything from anyone, they're just putting out decent, original music that people are loving. Can't argue with that.

To be fair the Arctic Monkeys(and I liked the Last Shadow Puppets effort equally if not more) actually make decent music, I personally find Vampire Weekends music rubbish, luckily for me then that I'm not a big listener to radio.

Agree i enjoy last shadow puppets alot , and i was suprised the sing was from the Artics... and its was ppure irony

To list the 'crown' you guys were talking about 'crowns' are placed on artists who really have a HUGE HUGE impact on the music world

To list the artists with 'crowns' right this moment:

-Coldplay (obvious)

-Kings Of Leon

-Taylor swift (okie.....i know i shoudlnt have)

-Crazy Gaga

-Beyonce - :rolleyes:

-Rihanna --:(

Those are one of the artists who have the crowns right now

I don't like Arctic Monkey's and Vampire Weekend is amazing <3

^^wow... no.

Except KoL, they are the kings... HEE HEE HEE... (SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?! :awesome: ) Don't think they deserve it for this particular album, though...

Start with Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not.

I listened to this and I thought it was crap. Would that mean that I wouldn't like any of their other albums, if not, suggestions?

Anyway, to the original topic of Vampire Weekend being TOTES more loved than Arctic Monkeys...

twaddle.jpg

Maybe in the mainstream, but really.