✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Things that give you cancer...

HorrificAttack

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha this thread is win!

Little tip to avoid cancer: stay in bed alone all day long far away from every single electronic device and eat only potatoes. Then you'll just die of boredom :cheesy:

Btw, menstruations and menopause can cause cancer? We're screwed girls xD

OK, I didn't really click on most of these links.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-206243/Skiers-warned-cancer-risk.html

A lot of these links do not specifically link themselves to cancer, such as the potatoes one I mentioned earlier.

Sorry Nath, but your topic is about as stupid as any topic Mark makes.

In terms of the fact that it's totally inaccurate, a lot of those topics aren't insinuating that the Daily Mail feels they promote cancer.

And this is why I've taken a hatred towards this topic, if we're going to hate what they are doing by exploding tiny details into relative topics that can relate to cancer, now you're taking these tiny details to use it against them. Progression? Nowt.

I think that was the point though.

No, Mark doesn't read the topics he posts.

And apparently Nathan didn't read this.

What I meant is, if you actually read most ridiculous of these topics then they don't directly relate to cancer. But yet, it's become such a popular topic, quite sickening really. I brought up skiing as an example.

The point is that the DM will relate anything to cancer, it's bullshit to say that they say that skiing results to cancer which is the original topic I brought to light, what the Daily Mail was relating to was that skiing in the sun could cause cancer.

What I'm saying is that these kind of topics can be just as sensationalist as the Daily Mail. It does not represent what the DM are saying.

Well of course it had to be a little more extreme than those articles actually, it's not like people were going to read the links, they might glance over the headlines but that's about it. I do find some of these a bit hard to believe though, but some are believable - the contraceptive pill for one, it does warn you on the papers inside that there is increased risk.

Yeah this topic is satire, but so is the DM.

To be fair the DM doesn't report false news, but it's the glorifying of news that represents the political climate of irrelevant news that should really just stop the DM altogether.

If only someone could do that.