✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My thoughts on the end of VIVA

sa_spurs_tx

It's very depressing that this is the end of the Viva era.. It was special in many ways. I was lucky enough to go to 3 Viva shows and each one was special in it's own way. Seeing Coldplay live isn't like seeing other bands live. The way the VIVA shows made you feel is something people need to experience at least once in your lifetime. I feel bad for anyone (including non-coldplay fans) that missed out on the opportunity to see Coldplay perform their Viva show. After the X&Y tour I said to myself "Man it sucks that's its over but I'm sure Coldplay will come back with a even better album and better tour!" I was right! But I feel different now..I'm now thinking "wow its sad that the VIVA shows are over..Im gonna miss it. I hope during the next your they include some reference to the VIVA tour, maybe during when they perform VLV they can show the backdrop or VIVA logo or something" Even if the band comes out with something else amazing (I'm sure they will) I'm going to miss it, the outfits, the confetti, LIJ background video, the amazing intro of LIT..everything. Thanks Coldplay! Does anyone else think the VIVA show was 10x better than the X&Y show?

Actually it's like you said, a better SHOW.

It was awesome, very visually pleasant. The music was awesome as well although I think it took a little for Chris to get this right and the versions of songs like clocks, the scientist, yellow, fix you by the end and an opening as explosive as square one I think were definetly better. Nevertheless, when you are there, it doesnt matter that much, you enjoy it a lot more cause you got a lot to see.

The wave! Balloons again! and the best part the butterflies conffetti, oh that was incredible. Bsides, VLV has a lot of great songs, so the setlist IMO has more good songs than the last time but there are some arrangements I would do. Oh I almost forgot, we got LRLRL, who else does that!

Well in general I say this tour was better than X&Y, and I don't know how the guys can improve this, really if they can my god I don't know what their limit is cause you just can't be that creative. This is really sad, I'll miss a lot the outfits and the instruments and all the painting related stuff!

i feel totally bummed

because now things are going to get really quiet for god knows how long

part of me is sad to see the viva era go

but part of me glad as well

fter they auctioned off so much Viva gear for Kids Company,

i felt like the Viva Era was something they wanted to be done with

and all this success seems to have changed them a bit

like... they seem so much more serious than before this album... even when Chris is signing autographs or on stage...

he seems less... i dk playfull?

they all seem like theyre either tired or bored and want to rest and move on

i hope their next album is something more stripped down and simpler and not as huge of a success

its kinda filter through the annoying fans who only like them for viva la vida

all we can do is wait

I think for me the VIVA show was 50x better than X&Y... I attended both VIVA shows in my city last weekend and they were incredibly awesome, specially the one that I was almost in front which I consider my favorite concert so far (and I've attended like 30 concerts in my life most of them of international artists too). Of course it was influenced because Coldplay is my favorite band, but even if they weren't I would have loved this concert, it was perfect, it had so many original elements that you don't see in other concerts such as the butteflies confetti, magic balls, yellow balloons, the big ballons around the stadium, the backdrops, the B-Stage and C-Stage, The LRLRL CD, etc, etc. but especially the band, how they interact with people, how passionate they are in the stage, etc. I know I see all of it with fan eyes, but even a friend and her boyfriend, which went to the cheapest section and weren't big fans said that they loved it and that they were very surprised that they liked the show so much, for example they compared it with Madonna's concert 1 year ago (which was in the same venue) and they said that this one was better by far.

I JUST WENT TO ONE!! (nopw) Yesterday's show at Monterrey...but i enjoy it at the most. I almost die there and i can tell you that i spent most of the time crying.

I was so exited :D

Im so sorry that the Viva era just finished...i meet Coldplay like 2 or 3 months before even stared so...i don't know, it makes me happy to know that i been there for them all this time. It looks like a couple of time, but in fact is almost 2 years.

Im happy for Coldplay cuz i know its like 'start all over' and there it came new songs to make me even more obsesive with the band, but its sad to say goodbye to viva

Can't believe It was the last VLV tour gig!

It was an amazing 2 years!! Thanks to Coldplay and VLV tour, I've met new friends who are now among my best friends, lived the best gig in my life (the Parc des Princes one in Paris!), lived the best moments of my life, uncredibles ones! Each gig I've done in this tour was perfectly unique! Each gig had It's own magic feellings!

So THANK YOU Coldplay for all that: for your great music, for being such great human beings so close to your fans! You're more than a band for me, you mean a LOT and even more for me :heart:

See ya in the next tour :)

For me, the hardest part is waiting for a new chapter, maybe without news of the band... I think we still have Oracle, but who knows... I'll keep my paper butterflies for ever! They bring me such good moments.

Coldplay are an inspiration in my life!

Viva is a never ending story - at least in my heart

It all starts in Summer 2oo8 - Mannheim, Germany.

I´ve got tickets for the concert in the "SAP Arena - Mannheim, Germany" and now, I´m infactet. Its a drug!

Coldplay makes music for my life. The songs a guiding my life in the right way and any time I hear Coldplay I am happy - so much happy!

The gig in Mannheim was incredibly impressive. The beat, the voice and the sounds of the instruments. It was fantastic - one of my favorite day of my life!

After Mannheim, my heart is wishing me Coldplay back. Back in my ears! Now I´m watching all live-movies on YouTube from all gigs from all over the world and one evening I watch TV and saw that eventim.de is promoting the three open-air gigs in Germany! Now, days ago.. at school I became a SMS from eventim.de that the tickets are free to buy! At home, the first website I open was eventim.de and bought two seat-tickets for 189 Euro for the Open-Air Gig in Düsseldorf, LTU Arena (now: Esprit-Arena).

The Gig in Düsseldorf was amazing big. 60.000 people, 60.000 fans of one band - my band! Chris and the other guys enjoing the gig. And the best: Coldplay spends a Live-Photoblog on Coldplay.com - and my brother has a iPhone, perfect! :D

The People who sits right by me are interested in what Coldplay posting on the live-blog. It was funny. Funny till the "Walzer" starts. I know from the Gig in Mannheim that the concert is staaaaaaaaaaaaaarting! :smug:;)

Guy, Jonny, Will and Chris was come on stage and Life in Technicolor starts. Its absolutly amazing. I love this song, this start, this beginn! The following songs are fucking my heart and my voice was away, when I leaved the Arena :lol:

I bought a Cola to get the Coldplay-Cup and I drove home. The voice of Chris are still existing hours ago in my ears.

I LOVE COLDPLAY!

It is like Coldplay knows what I want and need :D

Sorry for my bad english! SORRRYY!

Yeah, it was 2 AMAZING years...I'm tearing up writing this because it was with this tour that I've finally, after 8 years of fandom, be able to see them live! First gig in 2008 on my birthday actually, so even more special :awesome:

Like Mounira said, I've met so many lovely people with this tour!! It's so great to share your passion with people that understand your craziness :)

Now I'm prepared for the next tour and I hope I'll see you guys there!

It has been an amazing tour, I saw the VIVA tour twice and was blown each time and especially at Wembley Stadium in London. Its sad thats its all over, but Coldplay being Coldplay will make something even bettter than before. Thanks Coldplay, look forward to the future.

Kris

it was with this tour that I've finally, after 8 years of fandom, be able to see them live![/color][/b] First gig in 2008 on my birthday actually, so even more special :awesome:

Like Mounira said, I've met so many lovely people with this tour!! It's so great to share your passion with people that understand your craziness :)

Now I'm prepared for the next tour and I hope I'll see you guys there!

Yay, now I don't feel so all alone, since this was my first Coldplay concert too after 8 previous years of fandom. :nice:

Yay, now I don't feel so all alone, since this was my first Coldplay concert too after 8 previous years of fandom. :nice:

*high five*

It's been 8 lonely years for me and seeing them touring without be able to go was heartbreaking but now, I've catched up with the Viva tour :rolleyes:

*high five*

It's been 8 lonely years for me and seeing them touring without be able to go was heartbreaking but now, I've catched up with the Viva tour :rolleyes:

Ha! We should meet up for the next tour. :escaping3: *I've always wanted to go to France...*

The best way for coldplay to end this era is with a great live DVD. With some great artwork. And then at the end of this year the new album who will be two times better then VLV. With a perfect tour.

I'm dreaming on.

hopefully they will follow U2 and give shows about 2 hours, instead of 1,5 hour.

Ha! We should meet up for the next tour. :escaping3: *I've always wanted to go to France...*

No problem!! I would be happy to :) I've always want to go the US but it's quite an expensive trip...Hope I would be able to go next year or so!

The best way for coldplay to end this era is with a great live DVD. With some great artwork.

AMEN.

I'm just happy and full of love! of course not because it has ended...because it has been so amazingly spectacular and it has brought a LOT in my life. now it's a part of me for good.:) And it brought me here, on Coldpaying:kiss: Thank you!

I'm looking forward for the future stuff:)

The best way for coldplay to end this era is with a great live DVD. With some great artwork. And then at the end of this year the new album who will be two times better then VLV. With a perfect tour.

+1!

Oh my God seems that only yesterday Violet Hill came out.

Good I am glad I could be part of this tour when they came to Mexico, was awesome the best concert of my life!

Well, now Coldplay can go take a good rest while I await his next era. Coldplay thank you very much for making this possible !!!!!!!

viva la vida meant a lot to me, because of the word itself, live the life, and the gigs, the music, for the first in years i saw them having so much fun again as in playing as a band, they were so close. the theme was a amazing idea. they grow so big, people now see, who may have never coldplay before, how good they are. their gigs were amazing. the way the tried to stay close with the audience. see them on 3 meters in front of me, nothing could be better, and nothing ever was ^^. they pulled me trough the most heavy time in my life, and i deeple want to thank them for that. i was really happy with the new stuff, before viva i just loved the band and their music, since viva la vida, they're my way of life.

viva wil never be out of my heart:heart: