American Culture

soleil

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
Do you call "have a jumbo popcorn for only a quarter more" culture??

I think USA is like the only country that doesn't have a real culture :confused:

:stunned: I dont know about the 'rest of the US'... but NYC has plenty of 'culture'.... *hmmph* America is beautiful... but, as far as 'traditional' stuff... I wish we had more of that stuff..

good thread...

I finally found a good definition of culture :idea2:

Group of distinctive, spiritual and material intellectuals and affective features, that characterize a society or social group.

ahh then that would be correct.....

and here's why... America (US) is made up of so many backgrounds.. immigrants and such, that its pretty hard to pin point a particular 'culture'... its like a melting pot over here!! lol

I know my family has a lot of 'traditional culture' and such... (Ecuadorian/Puerto Rican)

:wink3:

what could possibly pass for 'traditon' here?? We have no 'natives' to the US..... I mean, yes.. I am American because I was born here... but my parents immigrated here.. as did many other Americans.. I'm not saying that there are no "americans" persay.. but, its hard to pin point one particular culture. But it does exist..... somwhere! lol

I finally found a good definition of culture :idea2:

Group of distinctive, spiritual and material intellectuals and affective features, that characterize a society or social group.

is that why, when asked, 70% of americans were christians? i'm sure it's hard to process that when comparing it to the thin membrane of spirituality that's in europe.

also: it's called abundance. and aren't we supposed to be the arrogant oppressing country? why should we let a pipsqueak country like hungary tell us what to do?

Obviously there is some ignorant people doesn't even know what culture is that's why I gave a definition I found

and at the other hand there are some stupid people that couldn't understand it and might start talking about something different completely out of context :idea2:

Hahahaha, why did I have to say something about ur words??

You just came out in this thread with a completely out of context phrase :D and it was too obvious... you just accepted the injustice in worlds politic since ur country does what it wants, we all know it