✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

American Culture

soleil

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you call "have a jumbo popcorn for only a quarter more" culture??

I think USA is like the only country that doesn't have a real culture :confused:

:stunned: I dont know about the 'rest of the US'... but NYC has plenty of 'culture'.... *hmmph* America is beautiful... but, as far as 'traditional' stuff... I wish we had more of that stuff..

good thread...

yeah, i know, i wonder who made it..

this was back in the day when there were discussions..

wow..

there are a lot of fat people here who wear gym shoes. yay! go stereotypes!

my russian coworkers were talking about that the other day. american women who wear sneakers even if they are in business attire. that's more fashion than culture i guess.

i would think the most traditional you could get here would be something like celebrating thanksgiving every year. or independence day.

this really is a melting pot - my parents aren't originally from the states, so i have a lot of influence from other cultures as well.

:rolleyes:

I'd rather live here than America.

I've been there once though, I was like 5 but I just remember there being a lot of fat people.

I'll agree with Girlstar there, I seriously do think that Australia is the best country in the world (And I aint even been there). Ireland, is a really cool place to visit, but I live here. And when you live in Ireland, you find yourself only being involved in circling the area that you live around, its kind of the Irish way.

What I do like about Ireland is the culture. It even used to exist on TV (Gay Byrne's Late Show was really in touch with what goes on in Ireland, the show would last like 3 or 4 hours with random, interesting guests who didnt specifically have to talk about news items) but it still exists totally through Ireland. For how long? It will get less and less, old whitewashed Irish houses will get knocked down, but there will always be annoying traditional music and dancing, which annoys me specifically but I like it being around generally.

What I gather about America is a whole lot of fake culture which really doesnt mean anything, and doesnt relate to anybody. "The American Dream" for example, the thought that if you have a good idea you can become a millionaire from it. Sure, without 30 huge companys putting a variable on your idea, or blatantly stealing it from you when you dont have a copyright. I guess Bill Gates billion dollar idea, was to steal from everyone who had million dollar ideas.

America is great...yah maybe we don't have one definite culture, but that is really because everyone comes from so many places...I think that is what makes America really great...

actually I think in Australia it is like that too...but then again I don't know, cause I am not from there...but I think there was an influx of a lot of foreigners...

America is such an new country compartive to other countries...

"Culture" can be traditional things (food, music, architecture) or it can be current trends/ideas...yah maybe that isn't really culture, rather ways of living but that is what makes each country unique.

australia is a dust hole filled with tourists. (and julia)

and yes, reilly, america is the great satan, capitalism is immoral, working harder to get ahead is stupid, having a higher standard of living is also stupid. oh i forgot... "Allah!"

"dust hole filled with tourists. ( and julia)" lmao! Winner of the most stupid reply this week. Congratulations! :cool:

I love australia by the way :cool3:

I'll agree with Girlstar there, I seriously do think that Australia is the best country in the world (And I aint even been there).

:D

Well you'll have to come some day then!

australia is a dust hole filled with tourists. (and julia)

This is coming from a guy who couldnt even spell 'Australia' until I told him again and again.

You can be so ignorant sometimes Eric! You really have no idea about my country so pipe down.