✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think cell phones have negatively affected society?

Megalomania

I voted no.

Some kids are just dum, if they don't know how to spell they'll use their text abbreviations. It's unfortunate, but there have always been stupid kids, now they just use their textperience (GET IT?!) and have incorporated it into their grammar. It doesn't affect any child who has common sense.

As for it distracting them, kids will always find something to distract them, whether it's sending pointless "wot r u doin? im doin nttin" texts or playing gameboy, you can't blame the advancement of technology for these things.

Definitely. Mobile phones have had a negative effect on society in numerous ways.:dozey:

Great opinion but would you mind naming a few?

No. It has improved communication.

But Facebook and other social networks have indeed negativelly affected it, I believe.

I mean, how many birthday greetings I need on my wall from people I haven't spoken to in ages?

It's sad that some people actually think it's enough with that for letting others know that you care for them.

So facebook is dehumanizing people relationships? hell yeah! I hope I made some kind of clear point there...

I think that cellphones have definitely affected society in a negative way.

Yes I think that they are good in that you can keep in touch w/ people, especially having younger siblings. Also in case of an emergency or if your car breaks down then a cell phone is great to have.

However people are way too dependent on their cellphones. I mean especially now with texting all you ever see is people texting back and forth. Not is this only annoying (because I have some extended family members who text during family events like thanksgiving dinner), but also does not help kids growing up with spelling and grammer when they are so used to using acronyms.

I do think it has negatively affected society, but it has done good of course.

Do you? I've noticed that a lot of younger children with cell phones can't spell correctly, don't have as good grammar, seem distracted by the phones, etc.

What do you think?

IDK. AL THS IPHN N BLCKBRRY AND TXT N SHT IS ENUF 2 MK ME GO BCK 2 BLCKBRD N CHLK!

People are too dependent on anything, cell phones are no magic demon object. And like Reilly said, idiots are idiots regardless of technology.

And for those who die texting while driving, at least they're taking themselves out of the gene pool. Just a damn shame innocent people get hurt in the process.

I say what annoys me the most about mobile phones,

is going into town and seeing small kids ( mainly girls :thinking: ) about 7 or 8 texting ( or pretending to ) and trying to look older.

My cousin had a phone when she was four. :wtf:

But surely the parenting should be criticised when it comes to situations like that and not the mobile itself.

so No. :nice:

I voted no.

Some kids are just dum, if they don't know how to spell they'll use their text abbreviations. It's unfortunate, but there have always been stupid kids, now they just use their textperience (GET IT?!) and have incorporated it into their grammar. It doesn't affect any child who has common sense.

As for it distracting them, kids will always find something to distract them, whether it's sending pointless "wot r u doin? im doin nttin" texts or playing gameboy, you can't blame the advancement of technology for these things.

THIS.