✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you assume everyone knows how to swim?

Reilly

Sorry to anyone who can't swim, but I do assume that.

I mean, we are still animals, and we should be intelligent to know how to move our limbs in a way that makes us move in water, I don't understand people who can't swim.

We are still basically animals, and put in water, we should be able to realise, as the intelligent source of life on this planet, how to move our limbs in water to get out of a bit of water.

Again, apologies, but I don't get it, maybe people who can't swim were put in a pressurised situation and don't like being in water, but for the majority of people, to me it seems natural.

Every adult has at least seen someone swim, you swing your arms forward and kick your legs.

I hope I've saved some lives today.

I swim competitively but didn't learn until I was 11 (mildly shameful) so no, I don't assume that.

Plus I have tons of Mexican friends that can't swim, I always go "LOL WTF" when they say that just to get under their skin :heart:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I can swim but very modestly. In all honesty I've not been in a swimming pool for 6 years now and I don't intend to get back in one because I'll do it'll mean fuck all to me.

Fuck I misread the question and voted no as I assumed it was the same question as the title of the thread, Reilly you're such a cock, learn how to make polls.

Learn how to read the titles of threads.

[/escaping the complete fuckup of my title and question of my poll situation]

I can swim and I assume that most people can swim but not every single person. When I was little my best friend's mum didnt know how to swim which I thought was pretty werid since she lived in a town that's right by the sea :wacky: but she didnt move there until later in life so I guess she was embarrassed to tell anyone that she couldnt swim. Hmmm :thinking: she did go to a swim school for adults eventually though, I thought that was brave of her :nice:

We're not fish Reilly.

:laugh3: :laugh3:

I think I do assume everyone can swim though (appart from "old people" maybe) ! It seems so obvious like you said, you don't have to be a great swimmer to know how to swim properly. So I'm not mocking people who can't swim but it's just that when I meet someone the possibility that maybe he can't swim does'nt even cross my mind you know! :\

Yes, I assume everyone KNOWS HOW to swim. Whether they actually CAN swim is a slightly different can of worms. I doubt that a quadraplegic can swim; tread water possibly, but not swim. Maybe if they can jet-propel themselves with enough air out of one of their orafices they could, but even then I don't think that can really be considered "swimming".

I assume everyone does not know how to swim, sure maybe its easy to grasp basic swimming techniques but of course most people aren't skilled swimmers.

You assume nobody can swim? :wtf:

Maybe if they can jet-propel themselves with enough air out of one of their orafices they could, but even then I don't think that can really be considered "swimming".

Hahaha! What the hell.

I do assume that most people can swim and i really shouldn't.

I'd hope that the majority of people who had not learnt to swim,

would be able to keep calm and would know that just kicking your legs a small bit would keep you afloat.

I really confident in water and the sea :nice: i'm a strong swimmer.

I couldn't swim for years and years because I was too afraid of the water, but after a while I was so embarrassed at still being in level one so many times I got over it. I still dislike water and swimming though.

But I don't assume everyone can swim, because I know a lot of people who can't swim. :surprised:

^such wise words.