✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lord Of The Rings

Pseudonym

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it's beautiful (there are actually a lot of places in New Zealand that are way more beautiful than Hobbiton), but with all the props gone it just looked like a hill with white plates in it (last leftovers from the props). Most of the North Island looks like that. It was still very interesting to see though, and I now know more about the movies and Hobbiton than I ever wanted to know. :tongue:

Sure it's beautiful (there are actually a lot of places in New Zealand that are way more beautiful than Hobbiton), but with all the props gone it just looked like a hill with white plates in it (last leftovers from the props). Most of the North Island looks like that. It was still very interesting to see though, and I now know more about the movies and Hobbiton than I ever wanted to know. :tongue:

It must be still an interesting place to visit, those incredible and epic movies were filmed there! :wideeyes:

Yeah, but most of those places looked a lot better in the movies. :P And most of those tours are rather silly, I mean, dressing up like elves and such? Crazy people. *shakes head* I did climb Mt Doom though. Or rather the volcano Mt Doom was modelled after. Also not nearly as interesting as the .. err, I wouldn't exactly say real.... CGI movie version.

New Zealand is quite great. it does get a bit boring after 13 years though :P
You have mountains, don't complain. :tongue:

I've been to a couple of the LOTR places. Not as interesting as the movie suggests...

New Zealand is quite great. it does get a bit boring after 13 years though :P

lucky you. you should be happy for living there

• 3 months later...