✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lord Of The Rings

Pseudonym

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you watch the cinema version or the extended versions?

I've watched both & the extended ones are defintely worth the extra time. i see why he chopped them though, coz I only just managed to sit through the cinema ones without having to leave for the loo :lol:

I like the books more as the movies...

It's different... :thinking:

as for me, I like them both! But I have to say that sometimes, the book annoyed me! 3 pages to describe a tree :dozey: or even better in Two towers, 150 pages of Frodo/Sam/Gollum where they basically eat/sleep/get hungy pages after pages and when they finally arrived on Mordor, you get a 'oups, the door is closed?!...we have to go back to make a detour' :facepalm: I was pissed at Tolkien for that, after 150 pages of nothing, THAT?!! seriously?! :dozey:

I haven't seen them :shame:

I really should, I just haven't gotten around to watching them.

You arent' really alive then.

did you watch the cinema version or the extended versions?

I've watched both & the extended ones are defintely worth the extra time. i see why he chopped them though, coz I only just managed to sit through the cinema ones without having to leave for the loo :lol:

THEY'RE SO LONG OMYGAWD :freak:

One ring to rule them all.

*Holds up onion ring*

So much win.

It's different... :thinking:

as for me, I like them both! But I have to say that sometimes, the book annoyed me! 3 pages to describe a tree :dozey: or even better in Two towers, 150 pages of Frodo/Sam/Gollum where they basically eat/sleep/get hungy pages after pages and when they finally arrived on Mordor, you get a 'oups, the door is closed?!...we have to go back to make a detour' :facepalm: I was pissed at Tolkien for that, after 150 pages of nothing, THAT?!! seriously?! :dozey:

You know, that's one of the things I like about Tolkien's writing, he takes pages and pages to describe one thing or the landscape so that you can really picture in your mind how the Middle Earth he created in his own mind looks like.

I really need to find the time and watch all the movies one after the other :wideeyed:

They're worth the length for the splendour.

+1000000

You know, that's one of the things I like about Tolkien's writing, he takes pages and pages to describe one thing or the landscape so that you can really picture in your mind how the Middle Earth he created in his own mind looks like.

Yea, but sometimes, it's just too much :lol:

I really need to find the time and watch all the movies one after the other :wideeyed:

I do it once a year on the laps of a day. The Fellowship the morning, 2 T the afternoon and Return of the king the evening. EXTENDED versions of course... :D It really sets up you up into the story, it's like going in another dimension for a day! I love that.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Never ever got into those films. Saw them at the cinema and I didn't enjoy either of them. But each to everyones tastes and all.

"Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to...I don't mean to"

*teary eyed-hug in boat with sweet Shire flute music playing*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9QeXyD49YI]YouTube- Sam's Promise - La Promesa de Sam[/ame]

I cry every time.