✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lord Of The Rings

Pseudonym

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looooove these movies! Every year on Christmas break my brothers and I watch the extended versions straight through one day and then with commentary the next. It's so awesome getting sucked into Middle Earth for a couple days. :D

I'm actually going in October to see Two Towers at Radio City with a full orchestra playing the score, I can't wait!

I looooove these movies! Every year on Christmas break my brothers and I watch the extended versions straight through one day and then with commentary the next. It's so awesome getting sucked into Middle Earth for a couple days. :D

I'm actually going in October to see Two Towers at Radio City with a full orchestra playing the score, I can't wait!

That sounds amazing!

The music in these movies is so great!

Same here!! I always make my LOTR day around christmas, it reminds me of when they were released at that time on theater...

As for the commentary, it's just ace!! The best one is with the actors. My favorite is the one for the fellowship, they're all on fire on that one :laugh3: It's so funny! Legolas and his 'commercial' on elfish bread...XDD I can't watch that scene now without thinking of that!

That's awesome. :laugh3:

This is pretty much one of my favourite music moments (in any film):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFQ7RCBjWYE

I love the Complete Recordings. :heart: Pity that they are so freaking expensive. :disappointed:

One of my fav scenes of the trilogy.

And yeah the Complete Recordings are brilliant!

It's so awesome getting sucked into Middle Earth for a couple days. :D

this

It's been a while but I loved the first one, from then on it got somewhat monotonous. Though I'll admit the battles were brilliant, the first had more emotional appeal for me.

The emotion toward the end of the third one is unparalleled. The division between Frodo and Sam, the slow brainwashing from Gollum/Smeagol, Sam's decision to stay loyal, his carrying Frodo up the mountain. Tolkien riddled the books with these thickened plots, but Peter Jackson brought real emotion to the big screen in a way that Tolkien could not do. For all his vast brilliance, he was not (nor did he try to be) a "from the heart" writer.

• 2 weeks later...
I love love these movies, i watch all 3 of them in a row with my brother and sister and a couple of friends every summer....i'm currently saving to buy Tolkien's "the children of Hurin"

Cool. I want to buy the whole collection of books. I only have The lord of the Rings and a great Tolkien dictionary that explains the elf language and all the names of the Men, Elves, etc.

The hobbit is a good book and I nearly freak out with The Silmarillion

*points to ava and signature*

you kinda get the idea what i think about the lord of the rings haha :wacky:

it's a bit spooky because these movies had quite an impact on my life. i remember signing up on an elijah wood messageboard in 2003 and it really influenced me. i am still friends with many people from there and some of them i meet regularly. i've got most of my music taste from there - it was dom monaghan who got me into oasis, which then lead to travis and coldplay ;) obviously coldplay brought me here and that's where i met more great people, my ex for example, we spent 3 and a half years together, it was a great time.

sorry for rambling hahaha ;D all i wanna say is that i LOVE the lord of the rings and am still obsessed with the cast^^ the return of the king is my fav, although i rather see the whole thing as one movie :heart: amen! xD

hello mr. woods!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfhMILe8C84&feature=related]YouTube- Prank interview with Elijah Wood[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I likes Return of the king, And I think this is the most emotionally satisfying movie because, in addition to having both more intimate drama and more spectacular battles, it resolves all of the issues raised before. Also, This movie is not only a thrilling experience, it closes the book on a truly satisfying trilogy.

I LOVE the lord of the rings! They're are just EPIC! :heart: My favorite one is the "fellowship of the ring" because of the little houses in the town of the hobbits, I know it's a ridiculous reason to prefer a movie, but those houses and the town were so Beautiful and...adorable! x'D

I :heart: hobbits! ^^