✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lomography.

inengsol1500

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cameras aren't that expensive, films and developing are. You don't need a lomo camera to make lomo photos though. A big factor of the "lomo effect" is how you take your photos and xpro'ing your films. :shrug:

But I don't really like the lomography society and the lomo "rules" are pretty crap. :nice:

The cheapest camera i know is the Vivitar UWS. It's just around $18. It can go down to $9 if it's second hand. I'm pretty sure that there are other cheaper cameras... but if buying a camera is really an issue, you can still make your own. there are plenty of tutorials out there. We have two around here i think- the matchsticks pinhole camera and the battlefield pinhole camera. :wacky:

There are cheap films, too, but the most 'popular (?)' effect that you can do with them is probably redscale and sprockets.

and... i don't really know about the 'lomo society' 'cause i know no other lomographers but the people here and my friend. :/ and rules, i've never read them. :laugh3: i just copy-pasted it on my first post. :sick: :P

The Vivitar is supposed to be rather interesting. But you could also just buy an old point and shoot or rangefinder camera. There are plenty old Russian cameras from the lomo factory that aren't Lomo LCAs (that's supposed to be "the" lomo camera but it's ridiculously expensive). I think you can even get a Holga for under 30€ including shipping. I'd recommend starting with an inexpensive old p&s and see how you like it first before buying a better or lomo-er camera.

Or you could make your own pinhole camera. It's fun. (but taking pictures is a tad challenging) :tongue:

Hmm.. I appreciate the lomo society for making people aware of analogue photography and the people who started it seem really committed to lomo (

), but the lomography society is just a foul money making machine. Example:

Lomography Redscale XR (Extended Range) Film offers superior flexibility. Pick an effect that you want, and set the ISO accordingly. Want some intense red and orange hues? Set the film to ISO 200. Like a bit of cool blue and green tones into your image? Set it as ISO 25. Either way, your images will exude a lovely retro feel. It’s the perfect film to experiment with!
Kind of makes me laugh because it's such utter crap. Talking about re-discovering the wheel. :nice:

I would buy a Holga if I could scan sprocket holes though. But my scanner can't and I'm not gonna buy an inferior scanner just so I can see the sprocket holes. It's kinda a shame though.

Now start posting photos, people! :cool:

4942042570_0d66cbbb8e.jpg

Haldern Pop 2010 by quintessenceofdust, on Flickr

The Vivitar is supposed to be rather interesting. But you could also just buy an old point and shoot or rangefinder camera. There are plenty old Russian cameras from the lomo factory that aren't Lomo LCAs (that's supposed to be "the" lomo camera but it's ridiculously expensive). I think you can even get a Holga for under 30€ including shipping. I'd recommend starting with an inexpensive old p&s and see how you like it first before buying a better or lomo-er camera.

Or you could make your own pinhole camera. It's fun. (but taking pictures is a tad challenging) :tongue:

Now start posting photos, people! :cool:

4942042570_0d66cbbb8e.jpg

Haldern Pop 2010 by quintessenceofdust, on Flickr

Even the old point and shoot/rangefinder cameras here are around the same price as lomo cameras. Ranges from 40Euros up. Is 30Euros for a Holga expensive? I just curious. dont really know how much they cost abroad.

You have tried making your own pinhole cam?

I really love her pics. By: NATALIE_ZWILLINGER

2424474fb6a356586e356eaad0116ce8b13e01.jpg?auth=581360ef9a55c55eb2a937a98da6eda8a2d8ff33

:wacky:

Even the old point and shoot/rangefinder cameras here are around the same price as lomo cameras. Ranges from 40Euros up. Is 30Euros for a Holga expensive? I just curious. dont really know how much they cost abroad.

You have tried making your own pinhole cam?

You can buy a 120 Holga with colour flash for a little less than €30 on eBay and shipping is free. :nice:

Yes, I made a matchbox pinhole camera, but I haven't taken many pictures yet. As I said, it's a pain. :tongue:

OH Natalie!! She was in Lisbon a few weeks ago, for a talking about lomography at lisbon embassy... too bad i could not be there :( but she really rocks!

OOOH!. She's a Lomo Pro then. :laugh3: It shows. Her pics are amazing. :wacky:

You can buy a 120 Holga with colour flash for a little less than €30 on eBay and shipping is free. :nice:

:( and that 30Euro for my Holga did not even include any shipping fee because I just met up with the seller to get the cam. :bigcry:

• 3 weeks later...

whenever im in my hometown, we would go from one town to another just to take pictures. some towns that we've been to are hours away from the city. :wacky:

i don't really like going around here in my current city because of the heavy traffic and all. but im thinking of going back to this one historical area just a few minutes away from my house. might go there this weekend. :wacky:

my job? :laugh3: still earning below minimum wage. :laugh3: but i am enjoying it. my boss is pretty cool. and i am learning a lot. plus, we don't really practice strict 9-5 office hours. flexible time. so i can go to work even after lunch. :wacky:

wow hours away from home :lol: thats crazy! My places are really close only 30 min by train

Nice job :) its good for experience and money of course hehe

Yupz. Hours from home. Far far away to the countryside. :wacky:

It's not really good money-wise. but yes on experience. Hopefully, the experience will help me pass my licensure. :)