✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lomography.

inengsol1500

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try that. My pics turned out really bland. :\ (but I also used expired film so.. :tongue:) Examples:

lomo1y.jpglomo2.jpg

i am not sure if this could help (or if this is actually what you mean) but...

you can use Color Slide films instead of Color negative films. My friend has been talking bout this for years but i never really understood until few weeks ago.

Color Negatives (processed in c-41 chemicals- usual processing in shops!) and Color Slides (processed in e-6- very rare) produces bland/ natural colors. but if you process Color Slides in c-41 (or color negatives in e-6), the colors produced are much more vivid and saturated.

Fuji Velvia (color slide), c-41 processed:

4447515092_b819fdddc6.jpg

Kodak Ektachrome (color slide, c-41 processed:

4447513406_26f5e14d3c.jpg

Sometimes, I think, it's also about the films you use. I love using Fuji Velvia, Fuji Provia, Fuji RTPII, and Kodak Ektachrome Lumiere. :) They are all expired films by the way. Fresh ones are expensive. :laugh3::laugh3:

waaa my friends gave me a Holga 120 for my birthday before :awesome: I just dont know if I can go to my regular photograph store to get the film developed since it's like special 120 film. How do you people get your film developed? :uhoh:

Have you heard of this camera? It's like a polaroid one except it's fuji :uhoh: I want one eventhough they are HUUGE haha

Mine is a Holga120N. they can be processed in regular stores since they are going to use the same chemicals used in regular films. You can still ask them though. :)

edit: I've seen that FujI!! :awesome: the camera is pretty cheap but the film is very expensive. :(

Sometimes, I think, it's also about the films you use. I love using Fuji Velvia, Fuji Provia, Fuji RTPII, and Kodak Ektachrome Lumiere. :) They are all expired films by the way. Fresh ones are expensive. :laugh3::laugh3:
Yeah, I do know about cross processing, but I've never tried it because slide films are so expensive (even when they're expired). And C41 in E6 seems to have a desaturating effect. In any case, I wasn't impressed by the colour negatives I saw that were processed in E6. I wouldn't waste slide film on a crappy camera like the Action Sampler though. :D

Are those photos yours? :nice:

:surprised: Im so gonna try this! the process is same as i learned, just adding the films :shame: doh me lol

i wanna try this that too. looks pretty easy. :wacky: show us the results when you've done it, okay? :laugh3::laugh3:

Yeah, I do know about cross processing, but I've never tried it because slide films are so expensive (even when they're expired). And C41 in E6 seems to have a desaturating effect. In any case, I wasn't impressed by the colour negatives I saw that were processed in E6. I wouldn't waste slide film on a crappy camera like the Action Sampler though. :D

Are those photos yours? :nice:

how about using them on your smena and sokol? :wacky: ive been using color slides even before i understood cross-processing. :embarrassed::laugh3::laugh3: and i've never seen any c-41 on e-6 pics. you have any? :D

yeah. the pics are mine. :wacky:

i am not sure if this could help (or if this is actually what you mean) but...

you can use Color Slide films instead of Color negative films. My friend has been talking bout this for years but i never really understood until few weeks ago.

Color Negatives (processed in c-41 chemicals- usual processing in shops!) and Color Slides (processed in e-6- very rare) produces bland/ natural colors. but if you process Color Slides in c-41 (or color negatives in e-6), the colors produced are much more vivid and saturated.

Fuji Velvia (color slide), c-41 processed:

4447515092_b819fdddc6.jpg

Kodak Ektachrome (color slide, c-41 processed:

4447513406_26f5e14d3c.jpg

Mine is a Holga120N. they can be processed in regular stores since they are going to use the same chemicals used in regular films. You can still ask them though. :)

edit: I've seen that FujI!! :awesome: the camera is pretty cheap but the film is very expensive. :(

Nice photos :awesome:

Oh ok that's good then. Do you know if they develope "normal" 35mm film that has been used in a Holga? I thought I read something about that it wouldnt work cause the sprockets on the film wouldnt show but I'm not sure :thinking:

Waa I'd love to have that camera just cause it's an instant camera but it's so big so I dunno how easy it would be crarry around haha

Developing isn't a problem, scanning them is. You need a negative scanner that scans mid format in order to see the sprocket holes. Otherwise you'll just get scans of 36 x 24 mm images. But because Holga is supposed to shoot mid format, your 35mm negatives will be too long for a regular scanner. So you either need to find a place where they can scan mid format or buy a scanner (expensive :dead:). Or you could take macro pics of the negs with a digi and "develop" them in Photoshop of course. :nice:

Still waiting for my cameras to arrive. :whip:

Has anyone tried redscale (exposing the negative on the wrong side)? I think I'm gonna try that when my current film is full. :D

I think we have a scanner that can scan negatives actually or maybe not :thinking: I have to check! Anyway, I'll take my four rolls of film and go to my photograph store and ask them about it and then I miiiight post something if the film turns out to awesome :nice: