✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Best Coldplay Song Ever" Competition

heelsrule1988

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday's semifinal matchups are now ready to be voted on.

How about this! Both pool play rematches in the quarterfinals went the opposite direction... most notably Clocks (which was my pick to win the whole thing) losing an absolute heartbreaker to The Scientist. 61 votes, and it came down to just one in a 31-30 decision! Now, we're down to just four songs... it's definitely wide open.

Voted.

As I suspected my two favourites CLOCKS and VIVA LA VIDA didn't make it.

I think that the finals will be between FIX YOU and The SCIENTIST.

When playing the Coldplay song vs. Coldplay song lounge game, FIX YOU or the SCIENTIST are some of the most frequent choices among the participating Coldplayers. So I am not surprised.

Sorry for being a bit late, folks... but Saturday's championship-deciding matchup is now ready to be voted on.

It all comes down to this! Fix You and The Scientist will battle it out to earn the right to be called the greatest Coldplay song made thus far. Let the final showdown begin!

Wow. I've been seeing this sticky for five weeks, and only JUST read it. I arrived here in time (is on your side) to (in my) place my one and only, first and last, vote for the entire competition. It's such a shame (for us to part) that I missed everything but the (goldrush) championship.

I think that the result of this voting will confirm what I have experienced in the lounge game "Coldplay vs. Coldplay song":

FIX YOU is absolutely the most popular ONE in the Lounge Game - and probably also in this voting.

The SCIENTIST is very popular there, but I am not sure that it is the second-most popular one there.

Violet Hill seems to be more popular there than Yellow. But I did not have the feeling that Yellow was no. 4.

Strawberry Swing, 42, Clocks and Viva la Vida have many wins in that lounge game. And so have Daylight, Death and All his friends, Lovers in Japan, Life in Technicolor (II) and Shiver.

Most of these songs did also make it far in this voting.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK IN CONNECTION WITH THIS "Best Coldplay Song Ever" competition. Well done. :thumbsup: :cool: :sunny: :thumbsup:

The fact that the top two are Fix you and the Scientist is pretty sad. This is Coldplaying forum. For real Coldplay fans. The kind that pays way to much money collecting Singles and whatnot. Not people that Go nuts over the hits. Dont get me wrong, I love those two songs, and all coldplay's hits are amazing. But really. Neither of those are anywhere near the best. In my opinion, and many others.